Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 09:34   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

3.5 hours! This is ridiculous. Will stick to Mysore road and get there via the nice road and avoid any or all city traffic.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:36   #662
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The construction work beyond AOL ashram is for widening the stretch.
This work was launched in 2014 to convert the Kanakapura Road into a 4 lane stretch up to Kanakapura town.
Old 9th February 2017, 09:47   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This work was launched in 2014 to convert the Kanakapura Road into a 4 lane stretch up to Kanakapura town.
I traveled daily to my office near Harohalli and back on this stretch from May 2014 to July 2016. No work happened then. The widening or whatever is going on only since last 2 months or so.
Old 9th February 2017, 13:58   #664
Distinguished - BHPian

^ I don't think the said work is for 4 laning. There was few articles earlier about converting this road to 4 lane till Kanakpura town, not sure what the status of that is. The said road work is widening of few sharp curves after AOL.
One I specifically remember of is the 'S' turn near the MTR outlet.
Old 9th February 2017, 15:22   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Dont even bother going to Kankapura road, just stick to Mysore Road.I just did Indiranagar to Mysore last week, at worse it would take you 3.5 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
3.5 hours! This is ridiculous. Will stick to Mysore road and get there via the nice road and avoid any or all city traffic.
Even with the roadwork in progress, NICE road/NH209 intersection to Mysore Ring road shouldn't take you more than 2 hrs 15 minutes max (It is normally 2 hours +/- 10 minutes with sedate driving).

The time taken from Indiranagar to NH209 is of course much more indeterminate and time of the day dependent I would think.
Old 9th February 2017, 16:04   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I traveled daily to my office near Harohalli and back on this stretch from May 2014 to July 2016. No work happened then. The widening or whatever is going on only since last 2 months or so.
A slow starter like many other highway projects, this time they will complete before 2018.
Old 12th February 2017, 22:53   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Took the Mysore highway today. Return, left at 5.30 in the evening and made it to madiwala by 8.30. no breaks in-between. Was on a motorcycle though.

Traffic is pathetic. Absolutely no traffic sense. People running across roads. Hell. Don't think I will attempt this road again.
Old 13th February 2017, 00:17   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took the Mysore highway today. Return, left at 5.30 in the evening and made it to madiwala by 8.30. no breaks in-between. Was on a motorcycle though.
I drove the other way around tonight; Started from Jayanagar at 9pm and reached our house in Mysore at 11.10pm. Our side of the road was pretty empty, just the constant and never ending stream of high beams from the other lane was a bit overwhelming tonight.
Old 13th February 2017, 14:56   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Took the Mysore highway today.
Even I returned back from Mysore and took this pathetic highway as I was traveling with my MIL and needed those hotel breaks . It was horrible to say the least.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:55   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The alternate route must be via Kunigal Nelligere Nagamangala Pandavapura Srirangapatna and that is a route taken by many including myself on many occasions.
Dear NPV/Parag, any recommended vegetarian eating joints on the road between Nelamangala and Bellur Cross or between Bellur Cross and Srirangapatna? GMaps shows a fair number of places till Bellur Cross but unsure of hygiene etc.

We will leave KIAL area around 1630 so a light snack would be good followed by a late-ish dinner at Mysore. Any tried and 'tasted' joints?
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-my-1.jpg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-my2.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st February 2017 at 13:05. Reason: Pun
Old 21st February 2017, 13:19   #671
Senior - BHPian

I took this route to Mysore both to and fro last weekend. Had both breakfast (while going) and lunch (while coming the next day) and Hotel Mayura at Bellur Cross, food is quite good here and I've been to this place many a time enroute to Hassan.

Road conditions were excellent for most part except in a few places where repair works are in progress, watch out for the speed breakers as you approach villages.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 13:27   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
But there's road relaying (widening ?) in progress further down also - starting at Udayapura village (near the Cafe Coffee Day) till Kaggalipura village. When I travelled that way about 10 days back, the entire stretch from Art of Living till Somanahalli (about 6 or 7 kms) was a one-way with return traffic being diverted via the BWSSB service road which is broad enough for just a single vehicle.
More diversions on Kanakapura road last weekend - roadwork in and around Harohalli has intensified and that stretch is also a one way now (towards Kanakapura only). Return traffic is being diverted through the BWSSB service road from Harohalli Industrial area entrance till the Maiyya's factory (distance of about 8 kms or so). The other diversion mentioned in the post quoted above also continues, so expect the Bangalore-Kanakapura sector to take about 15-20 minutes more - especially when coming towards Bangalore.
Old 21st February 2017, 13:57   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Dear NPV/Parag, any recommended vegetarian eating joints on the road between Nelamangala and Bellur Cross or between Bellur Cross and Srirangapatna? GMaps shows a fair number of places till Bellur Cross but unsure of hygiene etc.
Many till Bellur cross and none worth between Bellur Cross to SR Patna.

So plan your breaks before your turn off from the main highway at Bellur cross. Mayura right at Bellur cross (2 kms ahead) is the last good place and will require you to drive ahead for about 2 kms, take your break and come back. But it's still worth it.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-screenshot_20170221135525.png

Point B is where you will head ahead towards SR Patna which otherwise is an easy left after the 2nd toll booth (Nelligere) after Nelamangala. Here you can notice that I added "Mayura" as a pit stop in between. Hope you got the idea.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 14:21   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks kannan666 & parag.

Another question: I have FASTag on my Octavia - are these (LANCO?) toll-booths equipped with readers and if so, are the lanes clearly earmarked?
Old 21st February 2017, 14:31   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks kannan666 & parag.

Another question: I have FASTag on my Octavia - are these (LANCO?) toll-booths equipped with readers and if so, are the lanes clearly earmarked?
Short answer here but clearly marked. You can check the latest "detailed" post by a bhpian who drove to Chikmagalur last weekend and posted a report on FASTag on this road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4149785
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks