Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 21:54   #721
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Road conditions, I felt has deteriorated once NHAI took over this road from KA PWD. There are many sections where top layer is missing after rains around Mandya.
Is'nt NICE supposed to have a Tolled Road from Bangalore to Mysore? It is time this project is brought back from Cold-storage. The original road was 4 laned back in 2006 and it is time more lanes are added.
Old 6th September 2017, 22:15   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
The original road was 4 laned back in 2006 and it is time more lanes are added.
Yes, that was supposed to be the plan, however the chances of it become reality is very remote.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:43   #723
BHPian

Anyone starting to Mysore from bangalore, please avoid the Kengeri route . I am stuck in traffic for the past hour or so. Take the Kunigal route or Kanakapura route instead.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 09:03   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Anyone starting to Mysore from bangalore, please avoid the Kengeri route . I am stuck in traffic for the past hour or so. Take the Kunigal route or Kanakapura route instead.
There is one section of low lying road where road is filled water. Our bus had to take a detour because of that.
Old 10th September 2017, 10:50   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About to start from Mysore to Bangalore. I will however take the NICE road. Hope that should be fine.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:05   #726
BHPian

Hi, planning to drive down to srirangapatna temple on Saturday morning and get back for lunch at bangalore. What would be a good time to start from Ulsoor Lake in the morning? and are there any speciality breakfast places at those times on the way ? I would like to try some authentic thatte idly. And yes I would like to avoid taking the nice road,in my case seems to be a big deviation only.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:46   #727
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Hi, planning to drive down to srirangapatna temple on Saturday morning and get back for lunch at bangalore.
Weekend traffic is usually crazy on the Bangalore-Mysore road, and hence it is better to start by 5am. There are lots of options for breakfast on this route and most open around 6:45am or so.
I would have suggested Kadamba which used to be very good, but in my last experience a few months ago, I found it to be very average.

Not sure about specialty places, but Maddur has a few good options:
- Indradhanush and Shivalli at Maddur (they are adjacent to each other on right side)
- Thimmadas on left or Adigas on right (both are opposite each other)

For Thatte Idly, the outlets near Bidadi (Renuka, etc) are good but probably will not be open if you start at 5am.

For your return journey, consider taking the route via Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakapura-Bangalore (you can join the SH79 from Srirangapatna to get to Bannur town, narrow road but very scenic and goes beside the Cauvery river, you can even visit Karighatta en route, small hill with a temple and view point).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 18:01   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
...and are there any speciality breakfast places at those times on the way ? I would like to try some authentic thatte idly. And yes I would like to avoid taking the nice road,in my case seems to be a big deviation only.
I assume you are going for the dip at Kaveri, in that case , follow NPVs advice and leave early , have breakfast at Indradanush and proceed to Srirangapatana. Heard the lines are quite long and not well managed. In case you are going with kids or elders, be prepared for some extra rush. Also, while coming back have a quick visit to Apremeya temple @ Mallur just before Channapatanna.
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:59   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Weekend traffic is usually crazy on the Bangalore-Mysore road, and hence it is better to start by 5am. There are lots of options for breakfast on this route and most open around 6:45am or so.
I would have suggested Kadamba which used to be very good, but in my last experience a few months ago, I found it to be very average.

Not sure about specialty places, but Maddur has a few good options:
- Indradhanush and Shivalli at Maddur (they are adjacent to each other on right side)
- Thimmadas on left or Adigas on right (both are opposite each other)

For Thatte Idly, the outlets near Bidadi (Renuka, etc) are good but probably will not be open if you start at 5am.

For your return journey, consider taking the route via Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakapura-Bangalore (you can join the SH79 from Srirangapatna to get to Bannur town, narrow road but very scenic and goes beside the Cauvery river, you can even visit Karighatta en route, small hill with a temple and view point).
Thanks for those eatery options! And yes I would definitely take the kanakapura route on the way back for change in the drive.

Quote:
I assume you are going for the dip at Kaveri, in that case , follow NPVs advice and leave early , have breakfast at Indradanush and proceed to Srirangapatana. Heard the lines are quite long and not well managed. In case you are going with kids or elders, be prepared for some extra rush. Also, while coming back have a quick visit to Apremeya temple @ Mallur just before Channapatanna.
I think the Kaveri dip might not happen, the rush would be a dampener. For the apremeya temple I would have to come back by the mysore road? I am not sure I would take the same road back. Thanks for the pointers!

cheers!
sai
Old 26th September 2017, 12:13   #730
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I will be driving to Mysore on Thursday (28th ) afternoon. Any pointers on whether NH275 will be jammed with vehicles considering that Friday is a holiday.
Any alternate route that I can take to Mysore.
Old 26th September 2017, 12:18   #731
BHPian

I could see lot of trees chopped off beside the Kankapura route. Is there any plan to widen the road?
I am afraid that the so called "scenic" route will be a thing of past.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:07   #732
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
There are a few alternatives, like:
1. Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore (Bannur Road merges onto left ring of Mysore ring road)
2. Tumkur Road-Nelamangala-Kunigal-Yediyur-Bellur Cross-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangapatna-Mysore (basically get onto the Mangalore highway at Nelamangala and turn off at Bellur Cross)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:23   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

I will be driving to Mysore on Thursday (28th ) afternoon. Any pointers on whether NH275 will be jammed with vehicles considering that Friday is a holiday.
Bangalore Mysore road (via Mandya) these days is very un-predictable. I have been travelling extensively on all the weekends for the past one year on this road, and that is my observation. Sometimes, in spite of long weekends, the road used to be not that crowded, and sometimes, for no reason it used to be crowded. Whatever the case may be, while driving towards Mysore it always took a maximum of 3 hours from NICE road junction to Columbia Asia junction, unlike the nightmares that happens while driving towards Bangalore.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:54   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Bangalore Mysore road (via Mandya) these days is very un-predictable. I have been travelling extensively on all the weekends for the past one year on this road, and that is my observation. Sometimes, in spite of long weekends, the road used to be not that crowded, and sometimes, for no reason it used to be crowded. Whatever the case may be, while driving towards Mysore it always took a maximum of 3 hours from NICE road junction to Columbia Asia junction, unlike the nightmares that happens while driving towards Bangalore.
Thanks for your feedback. That being the case can I take the Nelamangala route for the onward journey and NH275 (Mysore road) for the return journey ?
Old 26th September 2017, 14:15   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Folks

I do the weekly round trips to Mysore and my take is that , if you plan to leave by 2 PM on thursday , you should be fine. You might encounter local auto traffic ferrying garment factory workers just before Mandya, apart from that , NH275 should be OK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks