Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2017, 12:30   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Hi all - I'm arriving in Bangalore airport at 22:55 and need to get to Mysore. What is the best option you recommend?

My father can bring the car and we can drive back but is there a better option than late night driving? There is a Flybus at 11:55 but it might be too tight given that immigration is slow. And if it is driving, what route would you recommend (prefer minimal surprises and smooth wide roads)?
Old 28th November 2017, 12:40   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hi all - I'm arriving in Bangalore airport at 22:55 and need to get to Mysore. What is the best option you recommend?

My father can bring the car and we can drive back but is there a better option than late night driving? There is a Flybus at 11:55 but it might be too tight given that immigration is slow. And if it is driving, what route would you recommend (prefer minimal surprises and smooth wide roads)?
Take the flybus directly from the airport to Mysore, not sure what time the last bus leaves Bangalore airport though, check the timings. If driving, take the ring road to Goraguntepalya. From there you can either go through Mysore road (Nice or ringroad) since there will not be too much traffic at that time of night or Bellur cross and Nagamangala, the route that I prefer these days when I go to Mysore during the day.

Last edited by kannan666 : 28th November 2017 at 12:45.
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 12:41   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Take the flybus directly from the airport to Mysore, not sure what time the last bus leaves Bangalore airport though, check the timings
The last one is 23:55. It may be too tight since I have to go through immigration as well and this flight is usually a little late.
Old 28th November 2017, 12:46   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last one is 23:55. It may be too tight since I have to go through immigration as well and this flight is usually a little late.
No other option then at that time of the night but to drive down !
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:43   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1hr should be good enough I believe, unless you have duty free shopping.

How about OLA outstation cab? or Zoom Car self drive and drop in different city option. (I am not sure how this Zoom car option works though)
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 19:01   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking a car is the best option(either your own car or you can take a cab-plenty of options from the airport)
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 21:08   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Akbar Travels I believe has a counter at KIAL operating 24x7. Be warned they'd be expensive - call them beforehand and find out the rates before committing.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 21:18   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had once exited the airport at midnight, took KIAS 9 to Majestic and caught an Airavata going to Mysore around 1-1.30am. That's an option but you have to lug your luggage for about 100 meters to the Mysore stop at Majestic. Nowadays instead of KIAL 9 going to Majestic, you can opt for KIAS 10 to Satellite Bus Stand and catch a bus there.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 21:53   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey mate, tried looking up the timings for you. Here’s the snippet attached. I’d suggest you take the flybus to avoid additional pain of transit between 2 different mode of transports within Bangalore. I also recommend you or your dad don’t drive overnight which would be a bit tedious considering you’re coming home after a long flight, I talk from safety standpoint. You can book tickets from the link I’ve enclosed below.

Flybus schedule:
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-028322322e164513abaf7fbb71cd75bf.jpeg

Link

Last edited by gururajrv : 28th November 2017 at 21:56.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 09:23   #790
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all - some really good suggestions there. I guess a cab might be the best option since that flight is usually late and I'm not sure I can make the last flybus.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:16   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all - some really good suggestions there. I guess a cab might be the best option since that flight is usually late and I'm not sure I can make the last flybus.
Looking at the Flybus timetable, the next one after 23:55 is at 02:00. Depending on when you exit the airport, it might be worthwhile to wait for it.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 12:44   #792
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a day trip to Mysore tomorrow. Have been thinking of taking Hassan road via Melukote and Pandavapura.

Can someone please confirm the latest condition of roads from Nagamangala to Pandavapura?

Also, I believe this is a better alternative since my starting point is Yeswantpur.

Thanks!
Old 12th December 2017, 13:10   #793
Senior - BHPian

Since you are starting from Yeshwanthpur, I would suggest this new route. I am a frequent traveler to Mysore during peak hour and always take this route. There are some stretches of road between Kunigal - H Durga and around Kesthur where road widening work is in progress but manageable. This will be the next preferred route to Mysore in a couple of years. The roads from H Durga to Maddur is in excellent condition and should take you about 35 minutes. You will join the BM road next to Adiga's in Maddur. Maps work in this area. In terms of distance, it is same as the BLR-NGML-PDVP-MYS route but free from humps and truck traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-new_route.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 12th December 2017 at 13:19. Reason: Add info
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 13:57   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Nagamangala to Pandavapura?
Lots of fresh tarmac in this stretch as well as after Pandavapura. Most speed breakers have become small road undulations. I had driven this stretch a few weeks ago and it still remains my preferred route to Mysore. Takes ~2.5 hrs from Taj Vivanta signal to Srirangapatna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There are some stretches of road between Kunigal - H Durga and around Kesthur where road widening work is in progress but manageable.
What is the avg time taken from Kungial - Srirangapatna? The only problem I have with this route is you still need to cross Mandya and during the day time, it can be bit of a hassle.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 14:15   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Since you are starting from Yeshwanthpur, I would suggest this new route. I am a frequent traveler to Mysore during peak hour and always take this route. There are some stretches of road between Kunigal - H Durga and around Kesthur where road widening work is in progress but manageable. This will be the next preferred route to Mysore in a couple of years. The roads from H Durga to Maddur is in excellent condition and should take you about 35 minutes. You will join the BM road next to Adiga's in Maddur. P-MYS route but free from humps and truck traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Lots of fresh tarmac in this stretch as well as after Pandavapura. Most speed breakers have become small road undulations. I had driven this stretch a few weeks ago and it still remains my preferred route to Mysore. Takes ~2.5 hrs from Taj Vivanta signal to Srirangapatna.
Thanks very much for the quick response!

I have two routes in the same direction to choose between. With the H Durga - Maddur option, I will be able to stop at Adiga's for breakfast in case we decide to take a break enroute.

Last edited by pannags : 12th December 2017 at 14:17.

Most Viewed