Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2020, 13:03   #1021
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Thanks. What is the benefit of taking this route? Is it faster than the other 2?
1. More peaceful
2. Less traffic
3. Bypass the road widening mess on the regular routes
4. Very scenic with good roads
5. Gets you a view of the Old Mysore hinterland

Best of all is to explore a road less traveled , I am sure early morning will be quite magical on that route.
mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:03   #1022
BHPian

Hi guys, im planning to travel to Devala (wild planet resorts) from chennai, i was looking to avoid the coimbatore-ooty route. What would be the fastest route option to reach and cross mysore? I think i'll be crossing/reaching mysore around 11am-12 pm.
Old 18th December 2020, 16:54   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_66 View Post
Hi guys, im planning to travel to Devala (wild planet resorts) from chennai, i was looking to avoid the coimbatore-ooty route. What would be the fastest route option to reach and cross mysore? I think i'll be crossing/reaching mysore around 11am-12 pm.
Fastest route considering the Mysore option you mentioned will be -

Hosur - Bangalore - Electronics city - NICE road - Get off NICE road at Kanakapura road exit - Kanakapura - Mallavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road - Nanjangud - Gundlupet - Gudallur - Devala.

Couple of things to consider in this route-
Road work ongoing between NICE road exit - Kanakapura town, not much of an issue. However, will be irritating during a long drive. The other option to this, through Bangalore- Ramanagara - Mandya - Mysore road also has road work, so no escape on that.

Food options are not existent once you get on to NICE road till you reach your destination.

One place which can be considered a comparatively better option based on the time you mentioned on reaching Mysore will be this, located before Kanakapura town. Not a great place, but okay.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 20:52   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Fastest route considering the Mysore option you mentioned will be -

Hosur - Bangalore - Electronics city - NICE road - Get off NICE road at Kanakapura road exit - Kanakapura - Mallavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road - Nanjangud - Gundlupet - Gudallur - Devala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_66 View Post
You can refer to my latest post about Bangalore-Mysore road conditions here.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4955545 (Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries)

@mpksuhas, i don't think its worth now taking Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur option, given that Bangalore-Mysore road is not bad and has good surface even though it is under construction. So, its better to take Mysore Road exit from NICE instead of exiting in Kanakapura.

Moreover, since he is traveling from Chennai, food / break options are anyway needed, so better to stick to standard Bangalore-Mysore road than Kanakapura route, unless he really want to have a scenic drive compromising on food/break options.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:21   #1025
BHPian

Thank you for your replies guys, so we were looking to take a break at krishnagiri for breakfast and a temple visit. Maybe somehwere around mysore stop for lunch. Can you'll give me a route option till devala from mysore? Because google is showing me some really odd routes
Old 19th December 2020, 13:57   #1026
Senior - BHPian

You can break at Murugan Idly Shop at Krishnagiri. It’ll come to your right though , which means driving ahead for the U turn.

For Devala, it’s fairly straight forward. Krishnagiri - Hosur - Nice Road entry - Nice Mysore Road Exit - ( lunch stop in Mysore Road ) Srirangapatna - Ringroad - Namjangud - Gundlupet ( not sure if the CCD here is still open , used to love this one ) , Madinagudi , Devala.
Old 23rd December 2020, 00:01   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Srirangapatna - Ringroad - Namjangud - Gundlupet ( not sure if the CCD here is still open , used to love this one ) , Madinagudi , Devala.
Did you mean to say Masinagudi? That place does not come this way. It is situated in Theppakadu - Ooty road. Devala is towards Gudalur.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 04:52   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Hi Balenoed - I did mean Masinagudi. Thanks. I stand corrected. I’ll report my post for an edit.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:23   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Friends I am confused with the multiple versions of the news regarding curfew, 144 section etc for tomorrow.

I need to travel to Mysore for a close family function tomorrow and cannot miss

Can I travel to Mysore in the morning, say, 6 30 am by car and return by 6 pm?

Also which route do you suggest for safe and traffic less commute?

Is Malavalli road safe and less traffic or Bangalore Mysore national highway?

Please suggest by considering tomorrow's situation.
Old 30th December 2020, 20:13   #1030
BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Mysore - Calicut on 26th and a Calicut - Mysore - Bangalore today (30th).

As far as I know, there is a 12-hour 144 in Bangalore from 6pm on 31st to 6am on 1st. I don't know about Mysore.

I think it shouldn't be a problem if one travels during day time.

I drove NH-275 both ways - NH275 is now a "150-km diversion with occasional patches of roads" (instead of the other way round). I didn't feel the speed getting impacted (I drive only at around 80 kmph on this road anyways), but the diversions are quite annoying and one needs to be very alert since the big boys (trucks and rental taxis) drive quite rashly.

Haven't experienced Malavalli route in the last several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Friends I am confused with the multiple versions of the news regarding curfew, 144 section etc for tomorrow.

Also which route do you suggest for safe and traffic less commute?

Please suggest by considering tomorrow's situation.
Old 30th December 2020, 20:50   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would say that you can easily do this. The update this morning from Mr Pant, Bangalore Police commissioner is this:-
a) Not allowed for more than 5 people gathering in public places
b) Not allowed for celebrating on the roads. If you’re returning back by 6 pm, you can easily go for it.
Old 30th December 2020, 21:00   #1032
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Malavalli-Mysore is fine, especially in daylight. The issue is you need to travel on kanakapura road to get to malavalli and there's road widening work in progress, so you won't gain much time.
Old 8th January 2021, 22:02   #1033
BHPian

Can someone recommend a hygienic pure veg restaurant in this route?
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 23:05   #1034
BHPian

Over the last decade I've always stuck to Mandya-Maddur-Ramanagara-Bidadi-NICE road-RT Nagar. But with the highway widening work, the last 2-3 drives have been tortuous. So on a whim decided to take the Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Kunigal-Nelamangala route.

The roads till Bellur are single lane but butter smooth . Very scenic as well. The traffic was quite sparse. The route merges with the Mangalore-Bangalore highway at Bellur. The total distance covered was 189 Kms and it took me 3.5 hrs door to door. I spent close to 35 mins covering the last 6 Kms in Bangalore.

I've decided to stick to this route till the highway is ready.

Last edited by satishv1987 : 9th January 2021 at 23:06. Reason: Grammar
satishv1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:21   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

I been taking Bangalore - Kanakapura - Mallavalli route to go towards Mysore since past 7 years almost.

Very rarely did take Bangalore - Ramanagara- Mandya - Mysore route, but that will be only in handful of instances. The last I guess was some 3 years back.

Last weekend however, did a drive to Chanapatana, the road work has made the entire stretch unrecognizable. However, the driving through that, though in a low traffic time (Saturday afternoon - towards Bangalore) was a pain.

Will continue with Kanakapura road till the work is done, however once that is completed, I guess it will bring down the time considerably, especially taking in consideration the long byepass roads of Chanapatana - Ramanagaram.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks