Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:48   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Crossposting here - Planning a night/early morning drive to Kutta from Bangalore. Looking for infromation on:
a) How safe is it to take Nagamangala - Pandavapura route at about 3 am?
b) Gonikoppa - Kutta - havent driven this stretch in a long time and hence looking for inputs on road conditions as well as safety as I plan to travel with family.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th February 2021, 10:26   #1037
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What route would be better for a Mysore-Bangalore drive starting in the afternoon say 3pm ?

Wondering if Tumkur road elevated road toll will be bad in the evening if I take the Srirangapatna-Pandavapura-Nagamangala-Bellur cross route ?

Or just bite the bullet and take Mysore road route ?
Old 25th February 2021, 10:32   #1038
Senior - BHPian

What day of the week NPV and where at Bangalore may be your destination? If it’s North Bangalore, you may have to bite the bullet at Nelamangala. If it’s South Bangalore side, the normal route should be ok. If it’s somewhere near JP nagar, ecity sides, there are a couple of village roads that helps avoid some traffic, for instance, from Kamat Loka Ruchi, you can touch NICE Kanakpura in 40-45 minutes through the interior single lane, but good roads.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 25th February 2021 at 10:34. Reason: Timings
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 21:35   #1039
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
What day of the week NPV and where at Bangalore may be your destination? If it’s North Bangalore, you may have to bite the bullet at Nelamangala. If it’s South Bangalore side, the normal route should be ok.
Sorry, missed mentioning that. Sunday afternoon start from Mysore and destination eastern bangalore side near HAL/BEML.
Old 25th February 2021, 21:40   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wondering if Tumkur road elevated road toll will be bad in the evening if I take the Srirangapatna-Pandavapura-Nagamangala-Bellur cross route ?
Towards Tumkur, this has been reasonably better except for that toll booth on Sundays.

This one section also will certainly not be the pain area to avoid this route. Go ahead and take it. There are a lot more entering Bangalore on a Sunday than those who are leaving.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:49   #1041
BANNED

Drove down from Bangalore south to Mysore over the last Saturday.
To avoid the crazy traffic towards north Bangalore, took the NICE exit from Banashankari towards Tumkur road at a massive cost of 135 RS.
Exited near Madanayakanahalli near B.I.E.C.

Instead of taking the navayuga elevated hi-way, i took the service road towards the Hassan-Mangalore hi-way.

This not only saves 20 Rs toll and crazy traffic at toll booth ,but also gives you an good opportunity at multiple places for food at like Agarwal bhavana.
Also, i have often seen during my multiple travels that the service roads move much faster than the elevated hi-way if you are travelling post 8am.

Note: Be wary of massive and wanton 1 way driving on the service road, from both the 2w and 4w drivers.

MapLink is the place to mark down, just before you hit the Kunigal hi-way

Rest of the route was smooth from sollur- nelligere- nagamanGala and pandavaPura.
The last 3.5 kms from pandavapura to srirangapatna are quite scary with the extremely narrow roads and KSRTC buses hurtling down on you like an avalanche.

Last edited by Rama Kumara : 23rd March 2021 at 11:03.
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:52   #1042
Senior - BHPian

I happened to drive to Mysore on 11th March. Had taken the Nelamangala, Kunigal, Pandavpura stretch, started from North Bangalore at 6 am reached at 9 am Mysore with a halt of 10 mins enroute. The empty roads in the morning was a treat to drive, got an avg of 22.4

The return journey was dramatic as wife by mistake chose the Maddur Mandya Ramnagara road which was as known undergoing road repair works and at stretches slowed down considerably. The avg took a considerable beating and was 18.4 for the entire trip actually.

Before entering the Bangalore city took the NICE toll road towards Tumkur. Surprisingly had got a message from HDFC Fastag saying that the NICE road now accepts fastag but had to pay by Cash since it wasnt the case.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 22:11   #1043
Senior - BHPian

All,

For a Bangalore - Virajpet drive, is Mysore Road (NH 275) still the preferred option or should one consider other alternatives, given the ongoing construction works?

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th April 2021, 22:20   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
All,
For a Bangalore - Virajpet drive, is Mysore Road (NH 275) still the preferred option or should one consider other alternatives, given the ongoing construction works?
I usually prefer NH75 option for Virajpet. I drove to Virajpet in January and I took Nelamangala-CR Patna (NH75) and then Ramanathpura - Piriyapatna -Gonikappa - Virajpet road. That road conditions are excellent throughout. I loved that drive and reached in relatively quick time.

Regarding Mysore road (NH 275), I drove there just two days back, and that road condition is good too. But traffic in peak hours is always a problem. But if you are traveling on weekdays, then that may not be a very bad option too.

So in summary, if traveling on weekdays, you may take your chance with Mysore road. But on weekends, I would recommend the NH75 route I mentioned.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 4th April 2021 at 22:21.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 09:14   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I usually prefer NH75 option for Virajpet. I drove to Virajpet in January and I took Nelamangala-CR Patna (NH75) and then Ramanathpura - Piriyapatna -Gonikappa - Virajpet road. That road conditions are excellent throughout. I loved that drive and reached in relatively quick time.
Thanks! CR Patna to Ramanathapura would be via Holenarasipur and Arkalgud, or some other route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Regarding Mysore road (NH 275), I drove there just two days back, and that road condition is good too. But traffic in peak hours is always a problem.
Traffic has been an issue on NH275 since time immemorial Has the ongoing road-widening work worsened the situation?
Old 6th April 2021, 09:33   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks! CR Patna to Ramanathapura would be via Holenarasipur and Arkalgud, or some other route?
Yes, that is correct.

Below is the exact route I took, after a quick coffee break at Dhruvathare (my usual place for a break on that highway. I like their ambiance and food is good too).

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-map3.jpg

By the way, the road near Piriyaptna is lovely, and I enjoyed driving on that road. Below is one photo of that section of the road, to show you what you will be driving on if you take that road:

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img_20210130_134741.jpg

Quote:
Traffic has been an issue on NH275 since time immemorial Has the ongoing road-widening work worsened the situation?
Actually the road widening is being done very systematically and the diversions made are quite smooth and wide enough to accommodate most of the traffic. Thus, purely from road conditions, I found that road to be good too. Some areas now are much wider than before and thus traffic moves quite fast there. Thus, overall, it is a mix and I would not say it is worse that before. But again I traveled on a weekday. I would still not recommend that section on weekends. Weekdays is totally fine.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 6th April 2021 at 10:00.
Dr.AD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 11:10   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Drove to Virajpet earlier this week. Took the CR Pattna - Arakalagud - Piriyapatna route for onward journey and came back via Hunsur - Srirangapatnam - Nagamangala - Nelligere. Would strongly suggest the latter, given the awesome road surface of NH150A, not only for Bangalore-Mysore but also for Madikeri/Virajpet, at least till Mysore Road is fully widened. However, would not recommend it for late night drives, as some of the stretches are quite desolate.

On a side note, discovered an awesome eating joint near Srirangapatnam, called Thotada Mane (https://maps.app.goo.gl/mTsGS1RosJEKbxQb7). Amazing South Indian fare and lovely ambience. Highly recommended.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:22   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone travelled between Bangalore and Mysore in the past few days?
Old 7th May 2021, 12:42   #1049
Senior - BHPian

My cousin came back to Bangalore from Mysore yesterday night, left Mysore at around 9pm and reached Bangalore at around 11.50pm non stop driving
Old 7th May 2021, 13:09   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
My cousin came back to Bangalore from Mysore yesterday night, left Mysore at around 9pm and reached Bangalore at around 11.50pm non stop driving
Thanks, were there any checking involved during the travel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks