Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 14:42   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

It has been a few year since the widening of Kanakapura road was started. However, work has not progressed much. They even started work on the toll booth outside Bangalore.

The road is so bad between NICE road junction and Kanakapura that we now have a notice for public, and to NHAI:

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-kanakapuraroad.jpg

have sent a tweet to @OfficeOfNG. Let's see if anything happens.

Last edited by condor : 13th December 2021 at 14:45.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:12   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It has been a few year since the widening of Kanakapura road was started. However, work has not progressed much. They even started work on the toll booth outside Bangalore.

The road is so bad between NICE road junction and Kanakapura that we now have a notice for public, and to NHAI:

have sent a tweet to @OfficeOfNG. Let's see if anything happens.
It’s in a really terrible state. I’ve to use this daily and it pains driving in this stretch, both ways. And if you have a KSRTC behind you, it’s all the more scary because they have scant regard for the roads.

I’ve had three punctures in the last two months, courtesy, this stretch.

I’ve raised an RTI last week asking questions in timelines. Let’s see what I hear back.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:29   #1113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
It’s in a really terrible state. .
The road is difficult to drive on in day, and almost impossible after dark. Even the section in front of AoL is deteriorating now.

Where do you go to ?
Old 13th December 2021, 16:43   #1114
Senior - BHPian

I live at Kaggalipura (been 4+ years now condor) and it’s my only route if I need to visit JP Nagar or beyond. Painful every day for daily users of this stretch.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 20:59   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I live at Kaggalipura (been 4+ years now condor) and it’s my only route if I need to visit JP Nagar or beyond. Painful every day for daily users of this stretch.
But this board is after Kaggalipura, just after the proposed toll booth. You would be regularly tackling the bad stretches near AoL, and Tataguni, all the way upto NICE road junction.
Old 14th December 2021, 09:35   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But this board is after Kaggalipura, just after the proposed toll booth. You would be regularly tackling the bad stretches near AoL, and Tataguni, all the way upto NICE road junction.
There is one similar board posted before Agara cross too. I take this route everyday to office, from NICE to Kuppareddy kere. (Office is at Tataguni). It is getting worse every passing week! potholes are becoming bigger and the top portion is getting completely eroded. Add to this, hapharzadous parking by shoppers on this stretch which has now become a mini vegetable and fruit market too!
Feel for those who travel to Kanakapura everyday on this road!
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:01   #1117
BHPian

Travelling from Mysore to Whitefield next week. Confused with which route to take.
With NH 275 - Kanalpura road - distance comes out to be 169 km and time of 4 hrs..
With NH 75 - Bellur Yadiyur - it comes to around 205 km at 4 hrs 30 mins...
Can someone advise which one to take?
Car - Hatchback
Will have 3 year old in car
Old 19th December 2021, 17:28   #1118
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --9-- View Post
Travelling from Mysore to Whitefield next week. Confused with which route to take.
Car - Hatchback
Time taken for your trip will be a function of day & time chosen once you get to outskirts of Bangalore

I would choose Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Bellur cross and then:
Depending on time of day choose between Goraguntepalya-Outer ring road-KR Puram-Whitefield vs Yeshwantpur-City CBD-Old Airport road-Whitefield

*Avoid Kanakapura road due to slower speeds, more traffic and bad road conditions. Avoid NICE road because once you get to Hosur road and take Outer ring road, the metro construction work is messy

Last edited by NPV : 19th December 2021 at 17:31.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:36   #1119
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to what NPV says.

Regardless, avoid NICE + Kanakpura road combo. It’ll increase your travel time for sure.
Old 19th December 2021, 19:53   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --9-- View Post
With NH 275 - Kanalpura road - distance comes out to be 169 km and time of 4 hrs..
With NH 75 - Bellur Yadiyur - it comes to around 205 km at 4 hrs 30 mins...
As NPV mentioned, take the Bellur cross - Yadiyur road. Its a toll road but worth the money you spend. I routinely take this route instead of Mysore road(Kanakpura road is in my blacklist) though it adds more km, driving is a pleasure. Good road and not very crowded.

Only till you hit the Bypass post which Bangalore traffic takes over.

If I had to decide between going via the city or ring road(from Goraguntepalya) to go to whitefield, I would pick the ring road. You will have difficulty for about 3km(GGpalya to Bel circle). Post that, the ring road is reasonably trouble free.
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:07   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
There is one similar board posted before Agara cross too. I take this route everyday to office, from NICE to Kuppareddy kere. (Office is at Tataguni). It is getting worse every passing week! potholes are becoming bigger and the top portion is getting completely eroded. Add to this, hapharzadous parking by shoppers on this stretch which has now become a mini vegetable and fruit market too!
Feel for those who travel to Kanakapura everyday on this road!
And just this morning, exactly at the place where hawkers take over roads, with built in pot holes and cracks and stuff, I saw a two wheeler consumed by one such hole. Didn’t have the video, and could capture after he fell, when every vehicle stopped.

His front wheel went into the crater and poor chap lost balance. Thankfully, people were dead slow navigating the stretch. When I crossed him, I noticed very severe bruises all over his right arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-1539bc5dd5ce4e13b3f0569b8b34deaf.jpeg  

Old 21st December 2021, 14:49   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Time taken for your trip will be a function of day & time chosen once you get to outskirts of Bangalore

I would choose Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Bellur cross and then:
Depending on time of day choose between Goraguntepalya-Outer ring road-KR Puram-Whitefield vs Yeshwantpur-City CBD-Old Airport road-Whitefield

*Avoid Kanakapura road due to slower speeds, more traffic and bad road conditions. Avoid NICE road because once you get to Hosur road and take Outer ring road, the metro construction work is messy
I am planning to visit Mysore this week with my family. Google Map suggested the following 3 routes.

1. Usual Route: NH 275
Due to road widening many BHPians advised that avoid this route.
Is this route closed during night hours?
Route 1:Bangalore - Ramnagar - Mandya -Srirangapatna - Mysore

2. NH 209 (Via Kanakapura)
Route 2:Bangalore - Kankapura - Malavalli - Mysore
I went this route last month November. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to cross kankapura.
The road conditions are very bad and pathetic. if you really wanted to protect your car suspension and car tyres from potholes you need to avoid this route.
If the New road/New Patch is available till kankapura I can say this is the best route among this three routes.

3. Via Kunigal :
Route 3:Bangalore - Nelamangala - Kunigal - yadiyur - Belur cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna - Mysore
I never experienced this route. Is night travel safe between 8 pm -12 pm? I am planning to take this route upward and downward journey.
Appreciate valuable suggestions from BHPian who is experienced in this route regularly.

Map:

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-map.png
Old 21st December 2021, 15:05   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStorm View Post
3. Via Kunigal :
I never experienced this route. Is night travel safe between 8 pm -12 pm? I am planning to take this route upward and downward journey.
I wouldnt recommend this route for night travel as it gets quite lonely in the Pandavapura - Bellur cross stretch. I have driven this stretch early dawn/just after sunrise and there was no one on the road. While it was an awesome experience, we were 2 cars and 6 men, hence not really at risk.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 15:17   #1124
BHPian

Quote:

3. Via Kunigal :
Route 3:Bangalore - Nelamangala - Kunigal - yadiyur - Belur cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna - Mysore
Appreciate valuable suggestions from BHPian who is experienced in this route regularly.

Map:

Attachment 2248109
+1 to procrj's post, the last time I was on this road was mid-afternoon, it was pretty lonely, not sure if there were proper street lights too, although it passes through many small villages, I wouldn't recommend this route late night with a family.

You can stick to Mysore Rd, that's your best bet. NH209 is in complete shambles.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 15:24   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to visit Mysore this week with my family. Google Map suggested the following 3 routes.

1. Usual Route: NH 275
2. NH 209 (Via Kanakapura)
3. Via Kunigal :
]
I drive route 3 routinely and recommend this, but as Procrj mentioned, I would not take this route if I am crossing Belur cross/ Srirangapatna past 8 or 9 PM. There are many desolate stretches. Overall traffic is light on the stretch between Belur cross and Pandavapura even during the day. Road is in superb condition all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I wouldnt recommend this route for night travel as it gets quite lonely in the Pandavapura - Bellur cross stretch. I have driven this stretch early dawn/just after sunrise and there was no one on the road. While it was an awesome experience, we were 2 cars and 6 men, hence not really at risk.
The earliest I have taken is 5.30 AM, entering from Belur cross side. As you said, except a few trucks, very desolate. The good thing is you can constantly maintain good speed.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks