Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 13:36   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
wouldn't the drive through town and magadi - kunigal route be faster? OR is the road condition after magadi very bad?
You neeed to drive into Magadi end to end. Road to Gudemaranahalli is a lot better and for this you need to enter Magadi at all. Then, you hit the 4 lane highway much before Kunigal and gain speeds and cover good distance.

I also forgot to mention another point. If you are driving back towards Bangalore on a Sunday, the miscellaneous traffic you will encounter when closing into Magadi is a major irritant too. Most of them are on 2 wheelers. In this case the Gudemaranahalli option works a lot better since you escape from this without entering the town too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th December 2021 at 13:47.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 15:33   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Would Nice road - Magadi road exit - Kunigal- Bellur cross won’t work?

Asking because even I need to be driving to Mysore day after and I just don’t want to take K’Pura road and with the Elevated flyover leading to Nelamangala being closed, it’s a pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Go for it.

In spite of the road widening work that is going on, it is still a favorable route. Though there a number of diversions, the road surface is smooth and traffic is always moving. No where there was a hold up when we traveled last weekend. Plus ample restaurant options and all still makes this a peaceful drive through.
Just did Bangalore Mysore en route to Virajpet and my experience is here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5222714 (Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries)
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 19:43   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
From Magadi road you continue to Magadi town. Just before the town you will notice a prominent right with well done road and signage indicating Dabaspet etc. You turn right here. This will be the tolled state highway that will intersect with Nelamangala Hassan road at Gudemaranahalli. Where it intersects is a flyover where you take left onto service road and merge ahead with the Highway leading to Hassan/Bellur Cross.

From Kamakshipalya, when you leave you can set this as the first destination. Once you reach here you just continue ahead and merge with the Hassan highway here.
Many thanks for such a detailed reply .

How is the road until the first destination and onwards until the Hassan highway?

And restaurant options for lunch? Is Swathi Delicacy an option on this route as it is my favorite restaurant 😋.
Old 27th December 2021, 19:47   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
How is the road until the first destination and onwards until the Hassan highway?
Road work is in progress. So it isn't that good and pathcy at many places.

Since you are at Magadi road why not take NICE road and hit Tumkur road directly? The said road closure will not affect you in any way as you will join Tumkur road beyond the point of closure.

Quote:
And restaurant options for lunch? Is Swathi Delicacy an option on this route as it is my favorite restaurant 😋.
Yes. You will cross Swathi even if you take the detour via Magadi.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 21:31   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Road work is in progress. So it isn't that good and pathcy at many places.

Since you are at Magadi road why not take NICE road and hit Tumkur road directly? The said road closure will not affect you in any way as you will join Tumkur road beyond the point of closure.

Yes. You will cross Swathi even if you take the detour via Magadi.
I just returned yesterday from Kalasa Chikmagalur side yesterday and took the NICE road all the way to Hosur Road. So in your case as Parag has suggested, I don't see any issue with just taking NICE road from Magadi Road and going via Tumkur Road-Nelamangala. NICE road works will not block you in this stretch and you join past the elevated road that is closed.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:30   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Magadi - Huliyurdurga stretch continues to be partly patchy although not slowing down like regular Mysore road. The ongoing road widening work between Gollarahatti to Magadi town means H. Durga route is no longer the best option to reach Mysore via Maddur. By my guess this work may take 2 years to complete, similarly the road between Koppa(left turn after Paakaashala on BM road) and Maddur is also patchy.

Off late I am travelling more in Dakshin Kannada, TN and AP taking my mother to popular temples, so it has been 2 months since I went to Mysore.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th January 2022 at 13:33.
Old 27th February 2022, 10:10   #1147
BHPian

If you’re travelling from Bangalore to Mysore or otherwise in the other direction, do not take the usual NH 275.
Massive traffic jams across the entire stretch from Ramanagara onwards (Got to and from Mysore)due to the Pada yatra taken by the opposition (Congress).

Either come through the Kanakapura Highway or the usual Bellur Cross deviation.
Of course, do not forget to thank me for my timely suggestion.

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 27th February 2022 at 10:15.
Old 28th February 2022, 09:42   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Those traveling from Mysore towards Bangalore, please note the restrictions

Quote:
Police have requested commuters to use alternative routes to get to Bengaluru till the padayatra reaches the city. "There was no problem for vehicle users moving towards Mysuru. The padayatra was on the lane towards Bengaluru and hence, vehicles heading to Bengaluru are not allowed. We had created awareness about avoiding Mysuru Road to reach Bengaluru, but some people ignored our instruction and got stuck in traffic," a police officer from Ramanagara said.

The padayatra might end on Tuesday.

Link

Last edited by mpksuhas : 28th February 2022 at 09:45.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:29   #1149
BHPian

I ma starting from Hennur side of the city and planning to drive upto Mysore. What is the best route with all this upgrading work going on. Also, when returning to Bangalore, I usually find it very difficult to get off Mysore road to head towards the north of Bangalore. Which / where is the best road to take to ease this drive on the return?
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:51   #1150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I ma starting from Hennur side of the city and planning to drive upto Mysore. What is the best route with all this upgrading work going on. Also, when returning to Bangalore, I usually find it very difficult to get off Mysore road to head towards the north of Bangalore. Which / where is the best road to take to ease this drive on the return?
No second thoughts: Nelamangala-Belur Cross-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna-Mysore.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 00:10   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No second thoughts: Nelamangala-Belur Cross-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna-Mysore.
Keep seeing this as a good alternative during different times of the day.
What is your opinion for an early saturday morning drive from Indiranagar to Mysore Palace ?
Old 4th April 2022, 07:14   #1152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
What is your opinion for an early saturday morning drive from Indiranagar to Mysore Palace ?
If you can some how cross the Banagalore-Kanakpura mayhem early; then beyond Kanakapura its an easy drive via Malavalli-Bannur.

But that section till Kanakapura will eat away all your sanity!
Old 4th April 2022, 09:08   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Until the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway is completed that's the only route I would take right now. It's longer but takes about the same time to reach Mysore if using the usual route.

Had a harrowing time driving to Ooty last Monday, even though I left early. The diversions really slows one down and the sudden changes in road levels at some of these bottlenecks are a real hazzard if going over 60 kmph during dawn or dusk. The idiots have added a thick layer of tar at some junctions but haven't blended the edge into the existing road so anything taken at speed sends a horrible thump through the suspension and body.

Not good for the car or the humans inside it.

PS: They have started taking toll from Mysore to Ooty on a half finished road?
Old 4th April 2022, 09:47   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
They have started taking toll from Mysore to Ooty on a half finished road?
The toll on Mysore-Ooty road has been around for a while now. It started after NH 766 was redeveloped and widened with a dual carriageway section between Mysore and Nanjangud. There are two tolls, one at Kadakola on Mysore outskirts and another at Kannegala after Gundlupet junction towards Calicut.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 10:42   #1155
BHPian

I returned back from JLR Dubare yesterday. As I stay in North Bengaluru, Google recommended Nelamangala-Kunigal route. Same suggestion for Mysore as well.

1. Peenya flyover - Barricade by cops at the entry on 2nd early morning wasted 30 minutes of time.

2. A couple of diversions before Bellur cross - traffic slows down but no stoppages.

3. Night time driving - Lot of 2 wheelers and autos - so need to be careful as non existent street lights makes it very difficult to spot them.

Last time took diversion at Bellur cross to reach Mysore. Need to be prepared to travel through small villages which affects travel time.

Yesterday a bus and Omni breakdown after Nelamangala resulted in a delay of 45 minutes reaching back .

Last edited by AltoLXI : 4th April 2022 at 10:45.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed