Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 12:47   #286
Team-BHP Support

re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Can you suggest some decent stay options?
I just read that you would be coming from Hyderabad, along NH 7 I presume. This means you will not be using NICE expressway (city bypass) to hit Mysore road, and you can as well just cross through the city and stay anywhere near Mysore road.

Did you try calling the resort I showed you in my post yesterday? That resort is quite close to Ramangara, farthest from the traffic woes of the city, and should work well for your requirement of a quick getaway to the temple the next morning. Closer to Bangalore and on Mysore road, there are little to no simple lodges once you hit the highway. Here are some more options for you, but like I said, all are resorts:

- Shakti hill resort, near Rajarajeshwari nagar
- Gardenia Exotica, near Pepsi factory, Kumbalgodu
- Country club, near Kumbalgodu
- Club Magnolia, just before Bidadi bridge on the opposite side of Innovative Film city arch.
- Eagleton golf resort, but this will be a pricey option. Not sure what is the budget you are looking at, but just mentioning this place anyway.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th January 2014 at 12:49.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:29   #287
BHPian

Thanks Karthik. I have not made a booking yet at the resort that you sent me. from the web it looked pricey at 3500 + Taxes. I am planning to start from Hyderabad by 1.30 Pm and should be reaching around 9 - 10 PM Bangalore outskirts. I do not want to drive beyond that at night time. I was told that from Hebbal i need to take ORR, take Nice road and take Mysore road exit rather than going through the city. I have 2 options to stay near Airport, one is Hotel Presidency and other is Hoppers stop in Jakkur near Hebbal. I have spoken to both of them and they have promised i can get a room even if i call tomorrow morning. Only worry is my daughter is unwell since yesterday night, I am hoping her health improves so that we can make this trip.

One more query, since this is going to be Sankaranthi/Pongal time how badly crowded, will these temples in Mysore road and Mysore? Any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I just read that you would be coming from Hyderabad, along NH 7 I presume. This means you will not be using NICE expressway (city bypass) to hit Mysore road, and you can as well just cross through the city and stay anywhere near Mysore road.

Did you try calling the resort I showed you in my post yesterday? That resort is quite close to Ramangara, farthest from the traffic woes of the city, and should work well for your requirement of a quick getaway to the temple the next morning. Closer to Bangalore and on Mysore road, there are little to no simple lodges once you hit the highway. Here are some more options for you, but like I said, all are resorts:

- Shakti hill resort, near Rajarajeshwari nagar
- Gardenia Exotica, near Pepsi factory, Kumbalgodu
- Country club, near Kumbalgodu
- Club Magnolia, just before Bidadi bridge on the opposite side of Innovative Film city arch.
- Eagleton golf resort, but this will be a pricey option. Not sure what is the budget you are looking at, but just mentioning this place anyway.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 10:51   #288
BHPian

hi
Just completed a long weekend trip; Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore-Chennai !

This was the first time I was driving from Bangalore to Mysore and I must say I was really surprised to see the number of speed breakers on a state highway ! The multiple little bumps especially were a real pain .

I also cannot quite understand how they can charge toll for the stretch between Chennai and Ranipet. It is just horrible

I was driving to Bangalore after almost 1.5 years and i was as much frustrated with this stretch as i was surprised by the stretch after that .
Old 28th April 2014, 17:06   #289
BHPian

I drove to mysore from Bangalore on 19th April which was good except for the stupid speed breakers .

Horror started on the way back the next day(SUNDAY), we started at 4.00 PM from mysore and had a pit stop to feed our 20 months old baby. After Maddur the traffic was horrible. We reached home at 9.30 PM.

3 KSRTC sarje buses broke down at different places leading to creeping traffic.
Old 28th April 2014, 17:28   #290
Team-BHP Support

The best options to avoid this mayhem:

If one is heading to North Bangalore : Mysore-Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Neligere-Kunigal-Nelamabgala-Banaglore

If south Bangalore bound, then I think the best option is : Mysore-Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakpura-Bangalore.

Mysore-Malavalli is something which we need to know more about in terms of road condition. Its never been great. And of course its a well known fact that 209 has no great places to break for food.
Old 28th April 2014, 20:53   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
I drove to mysore from Bangalore on 19th April which was good except for the stupid speed breakers .

Horror started on the way back the next day(SUNDAY), we started at 4.00 PM from mysore and had a pit stop to feed our 20 months old baby. After Maddur the traffic was horrible. We reached home at 9.30 PM.

3 KSRTC sarje buses broke down at different places leading to creeping traffic.
We also drove from MYS to BLR on Sunday. However, one of my friends who started from MYS @ 5 PM called up at 7.15 and said he still has not reached Mandya.

We then left MYS @ 10.45 and reached home in BLR @ 1.00 AM - Even at that hour, there was a big line of cars with families
Old 2nd May 2014, 09:56   #292
BHPian

Yesterday morning travel from Bangalore to Mysore was horrifying! I had to face bumper to bumper traffic from the NICE road exit all the way upto Ramnagara.

That being said, I would like to know how the route is between Kanakpura - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore?
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:07   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
That being said, I would like to know how the route is between Kanakpura - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore?
I have done this multiple times and would definitely recommend it. The roads, though are not very wide but traffic is sparse and the way picturesque.

Definitely not a good way if you need food breaks or rest stations for ladies though.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:25   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yesterday morning travel from Bangalore to Mysore was horrifying! I had to face bumper to bumper traffic from the NICE road exit all the way upto Ramnagara.
Onset of a long weekend, and it is to be expected that you would find droves of people making a beeline out of Bangalore. Quite naturally, Mysore scores being reasonably close to Bangalore, but this is also the route for people going to Ooty, parts of Kerala etc.

IMO, the best way to combat this is to start early, about 5 AM or so.. and you would be able to make the best use of the highway, and also leave the irritating traffic behind. However, at this time be careful of bullock carts from nearby sugarcane plantations who would casually come up the wrong side of the highway!
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:35   #295
BHPian

I started at 7 am from home, and was at 7:15 AM at Nice road toll gate. Everyone thought on similar lines I guess.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:06   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I started at 7 am from home, and was at 7:15 AM at Nice road toll gate. Everyone thought on similar lines I guess.
7AM is late. By 7 you should be past Mysore! . Or use NH209. Even I am looking at some one to update Bannur-Mysore stretch. That stretch was always bad, thanks to all focus being on the 4-laned Mysore road.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:28   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I am looking at some one to update Bannur-Mysore stretch.
Please find the update on Bannur route to Mysore from Sunniboi here . I am planning of taking that route during 3rd weekend of May.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 09:49   #298
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore-Mysore SH17 road to get National Highway Tag after upgrade.

Source:Indian Express Newspaper, Bangalore edition 7 May 2014 - Link
Old 7th May 2014, 15:08   #299
BHPian

Guys...considering I am a single driver, what is the best time I start from Hyderabad in order to have minimum traffic between Bang to Mysore. Also what is the fatigue factor one has to consider considering the distance is around 730kms one way as per Google maps. From this thread, I have garnered that it is better to start really early (before 4am) or really late (Post 10pm) from Bangalore to avoid traffic. Which option is better? Considering I will be travelling with a 2yr kid and my wife. Planning a trip during the June 6th weekend. I have no problems with night driving as well
Old 7th May 2014, 15:20   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys...considering I am a single driver, what is the best time I start from Hyderabad in order to have minimum traffic between Bang to Mysore. Also what is the fatigue factor one has to consider considering the distance is around 730kms one way as per Google maps. From this thread, I have garnered that it is better to start really early (before 4am) or really late (Post 10pm) from Bangalore to avoid traffic. Which option is better? Considering I will be travelling with a 2yr kid and my wife. Planning a trip during the June 6th weekend. I have no problems with night driving as well
Whilst driving on the Bangalore-Mysore road either day or night, please PLEASE be cautious and careful. There are lot of enthusiastic people who keep running across the road; especially in the towns that we cross onthe way. This is the same everywhere, but i noticed that it is high on this road, and it seems to be increasing by the day.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks