Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 10:45   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

We are planning visit to Nisargadhama for 1 day and Madikeri for 2 days(Mandhalpatti and Tadiyandamol) this weekend(Friday to Sunday) starting from Bangalore JP Nagara.

My route plan is to start from JP Nagar, ORR ->Sarakki Signal -> Mysore road -> SrirangaPattana ->Right towards ilvala -> Hunsur Road till Kushalnagara

While I am not concerned about the road conditions beyond Ramanagara, I am only worried about the road condition between JP Nagar and Ramangara

How is the road condition now? Is the road good or choked with traffic due to road constructions(if any)? Please let me know.

Also, please suggest whether the idea of going on Kanakapura Road till Mandya is a good plan?
Old 19th July 2017, 11:10   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
While I am not concerned about the road conditions beyond Ramanagara, I am only worried about the road condition between JP Nagar and Ramangara
Friday morning 5.30 am start and you should be OK but after 6.30 am traffic starts building and it will be a pain. Your bigger worry should be Sunday afternoon/evening return journey as Mysore road will be a jam packed with weekend warriors getting back. You can take:

1. Mysore - Kanakpura for your return journey
2. Kushalnagar - Ramanathapura - Arkalgud - CR Patna - Nelamangala
3. If you dont want to go all around NICE road then the other option is Kunigal - Magadi - ORR - JP Nagar.
4. Kushalnagar - Mysore - Pandavapura - Bellur cross - Kunigal/Nelamagala

Lots of options to choose from

Last edited by procrj : 19th July 2017 at 11:15.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 11:26   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Bigger worry should be Sunday afternoon/evening return journey as Mysore road will be a jam packed with weekend warriors getting back. You can take:

1. Mysore - Kanakpura for your return journey
2. Kushalnagar - Ramanathapura - Arkalgud - CR Patna - Nelamangala
3. If you dont want to go all around NICE road then the other option is Kunigal - Magadi - ORR - JP Nagar.
4. Kushalnagar - Mysore - Pandavapura - Bellur cross - Kunigal/Nelamagala

Lots of options to choose from
Thanks Procrj I agree on the Bigger worry menitoned. While returning, was thinking to come back on Kanakapura Road (Option 1) as you suggested.

How is the road condition between Kanakapura and Konanakunte? Is this driveable now? I have not traveled on this road recently. When I traveled 6-8 months back, it was full of construction right after Kanakapura till almost Konankunte Cross. There were some diversions from Kanakapura road near Kaggalipura and the workaround path went behind Ravishankar ashram and joined back to Kanakapura road. Are these still ON? Or is the road smooth now?
Old 19th July 2017, 12:20   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Thanks Procrj I agree on the Bigger worry menitoned. While returning, was thinking to come back on Kanakapura Road (Option 1) as you suggested.

How is the road condition between Kanakapura and Konanakunte? Is this driveable now? I have not traveled on this road recently. When I traveled 6-8 months back, it was full of construction right after Kanakapura till almost Konankunte Cross. There were some diversions from Kanakapura road near Kaggalipura and the workaround path went behind Ravishankar ashram and joined back to Kanakapura road. Are these still ON? Or is the road smooth now?
I did Mysore-Bangalore via Kanakapura on 26th June (last day of 3-day Ramadan weekend). Roads from Mysuru upto NICE Road junction was both smooth and traffic was minimal-to-manageable except for some small stretch near Bannur town & in Malavalli town. However, nightmare started from NICE Road junction onwards. Took nearly an hour from there to JP Nagar Metro station junction. Lots of construction work happening (particularly bad near KSIT & YDIT colleges) and moronic drivers with no sense of queue or civility. On a Sunday evening I would expect similar or worse conditions.
Unfortunately I do not see a better alternative.
Good luck
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 09:02   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhagamandala & kodagu catchment areas see a lot of rain over the last few days and expect more over the next few days. If you are headed that way, please do take note

https://www.facebook.com/tamilnaduwe...type=3&theater
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:01   #711
BHPian

Can someone help me with the road conditions between maddur and malavali ? It was bone breaking few years back.
Old 16th August 2017, 01:42   #712
BHPian

How is the road condition between Mavalli and Gundulpet via Chamrajnagar?

I am planning to drive down from Bangalore to Bandipur via NH209 in a low-sprung sedan.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:50   #713
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
How is the road condition between Mavalli and Gundulpet via Chamrajnagar?
I guess you meant Malavalli not Mavalli.

The road conditions are fine, so you can take either:
1. Bangalore-Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore ORR (left ring)-Nanjangud-Chamarajanagar-Terakanambi-Gundlupet. Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet was recently widened and should be good.

2. You can also avoid the Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore-Nanjangud stretch and instead go via more of NH 209 by taking Bangalore-Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajanagar-Terakanambi-Gundlupet. Some narrow roads near Kollegal town, the narrow bridge over Cauvery near Shivanasamudra, but overall this route is also fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Can someone help me with the road conditions between maddur and malavali ? It was bone breaking few years back.
I don't think it's butter smooth yet and still has some unfinished and rough sections, better to avoid unless you are specifically visiting some place in between Maddur-Malavalli.

Last edited by NPV : 16th August 2017 at 07:52.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:32   #714
Senior - BHPian

I did this route 2 weeks ago and like NPV right said ,though not butter smooth,it's still a nice option.

I did the Kanakapura, Malavalli, Chamarajnagar, Gundlupet route. You'll love the views for sure.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:11   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
go via more of NH 209 by taking Bangalore-Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajanagar-Terakanambi-Gundlupet. Some narrow roads near Kollegal town, the narrow bridge over Cauvery near Shivanasamudra, but overall this route is also fine.

I don't think it's butter smooth yet and still has some unfinished and rough sections, better to avoid unless you are specifically visiting some place in between Maddur-Malavalli.
Thanks for your help.

Would recommend doing this stretch in a 3 series? what is the average speed that you can maintain on this road?

I really hate the Mysore-Bangalore road so I want to avoid it as much as possible. I am travelling from Bangalore to Bandipur.

Last edited by bharatbs : 16th August 2017 at 14:12.
Old 16th August 2017, 14:45   #716
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would recommend doing this stretch in a 3 series? what is the average speed that you can maintain on this road?
Don't see why you can't take the Beemer there, just one small road inside Kollegal is narrow and in the event of a large vehicle approaching in opposite direction, you have to negotiate carefully, but otherwise you can easily do 70-80kmph, depending on traffic conditions at that moment.
You get much better scenic roads and also escape the kind of rash drivers you see on Bangalore-Mysore road

Last edited by NPV : 16th August 2017 at 14:46.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 16:47   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really hate the Mysore-Bangalore road so I want to avoid it as much as possible
Same here and hence this is my standard route to mysore https://goo.gl/maps/SoXotduNJ1A2. If you stay in North/East bangalore, you can take this route. No dearth of pit stops for family and good 4L & 2L roads.

Last edited by procrj : 16th August 2017 at 16:48.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 19:02   #718
Senior - BHPian

You can also take the Magadi-Huliyurdurga-Maddur route, the road work is almost completed and has very less traffic.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 19:25   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Easily doable. We returned from Ooty to Blore during a recent TBHP meet through Bandipur-Gundlupet-Chamrajnagar - NH209 to Blore.

All the cars including a 3 series made it easily without a hitch.

Average speeds depend on the traffic, usually 60kmph average speed is doable.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:20   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Bangalore - Mysore as part of my drive to Calicut last weekend. Full drive log is updated in another thread

However, regarding Bangalore - Mysore section. For onward journey had taken NICE road - Mandya - Mysore route. Thanks to heavy rains, drive was slowed down. There was water logging near the small bridge over drain next to Pepsi factory after Kengeri. Due to this, one truck had lost control and hit median causing traffic pileup. This wasted around 05 mins, my brother who was driving some 3 hours behind me lost some half hour to clear this section.

Past that, traffic was heavy till Ramanagara. Road conditions, I felt has deteriorated once NHAI took over this road from KA PWD. There are many sections where top layer is missing after rains around Mandya.

For return journey on 04 Sep, took Mysore ring road - Bannur - Mallavalli - Kanakpura route. It was 08:00 PM when I took turn off from Mysore ring road towards Bannur, reached NICE road junction at 10:00 PM and home near Sarjapur road by 10:40 PM.

Traffic was sparse for entire route and apart from two small sections just before and at Bannur village the entire route is in good condition.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks