Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 16:01   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Thanks for your feedback. That being the case can I take the Nelamangala route for the onward journey and NH275 (Mysore road) for the return journey ?
Which route are you talking about via Nelamangala to Mysore?
Nelamangala - Maddur - Mysore?

Isn't via Nelamangala way far off route to Mysore in whatever situation?
Old 26th September 2017, 22:10   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. That being the case can I take the Nelamangala route for the onward journey and NH275 (Mysore road) for the return journey ?
I personally prefer the Nelamangala route as it's closer & takes almost 2.5 hrs (give or take 10 min) from the Tumkur road elevated flyover to Srirangpatna via this route. Also a lot more peaceful drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
via Nelamangala way far off route to Mysore in whatever situation?
Not if you stay in North Bangalore & not if you are driving weekend. The route is Nelamangala - Bellur Cross - Pandavapura - Srirangpatna - Mysore
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 22:31   #738
Team-BHP Support

Only problem on the Pandavpura stretch is extreme number of humps. But nice scenery usually compensates for it.
Old 27th September 2017, 07:13   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

I will be driving to Mysore on Thursday (28th ) afternoon. Any pointers on whether NH275 will be jammed with vehicles considering that Friday is a holiday.
Any alternate route that I can take to Mysore.
Would recommend taking the kanakpura malavalli bannur mysore route. I just drove down to calicut last Saturday and took this route. Some updates in this post (Bangalore - Calicut : Route Queries).

Took me around 2hr 15 min from kanakpura NICE junction to mysore ring road -bannur road jn. And this was with a saturday morning 8am start.
Old 27th September 2017, 08:23   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Took me around 2hr 15 min from kanakpura NICE junction to mysore ring road -bannur road jn. And this was with a saturday morning 8am start.
I don't know how you people manage 2 hour 15 minutes...I take 2 hour 40 mins atleast for the same stretch.

Its slower than NH275 but a million times more peaceful. I dont get agitated at all and fresh even when I reach Bangalore. I even get better mileage and lower petrol consumption despite the route being longer!

I have to leave for Mysore today - I'll leave late night on NH275, start after 9PM. NH275 is absolutely unbearable to drive on daytime now, whether its weekdays or weekends.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:20   #741
Senior - BHPian

I always use the Nelamangala - Bellur Cross - Nagamangala route especially while travelling to Mysore from Bangalore. I only use the Bangalore Mysore road while coming back if I am leaving Mysore after breakfast. Travelled to Mysore on Saturday using the Nelamangala route and the roads were a breeze throughout. Yes, there are a lot of speedbrakers from Bellur Cross to Srirangapatna since there are many villages. There is more traffic once you reach Pandavapura upto Srirangapatna and Mysore.
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:15   #742
Senior - BHPian

For a peaceful drive, today took the Mysore - Bannur - Malavalli - Kanakapura - Bangalore route and it was indeed peaceful. Good roads and almost no jams.
Mysore Columbia Asia Jn to NICE road Jn - 140 Kms/2.5 hours.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd October 2017 at 15:16.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 17:41   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Returned from calicut and took this route on the way back also. Started from ring road jn around 12. Although it was a smooth ride, felt that traffic was higher than I usually see on this route- even considering it was the end of long weekend.. Guess more and more people are taking this route to avoid the bangalore mysore highway.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:47   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Guess more and more people are taking this route to avoid the bangalore mysore highway.
Is this a good route for night driving, not mid night, but something like 7pm to 11pm? Considering the poor lighting, curvy single lane roads etc.
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:06   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a good route for night driving, not mid night, but something like 7pm to 11pm? Considering the poor lighting, curvy single lane roads etc.
Personally I have found it a little disconcerting to drive between the 6.30-8 pm time. Reason is that the route is heavy on 2 wheeler traffic and negotiating this after sundown was a little worrying. In addition, high beams from opposite side don't help the cause. Post 8 pm when the two wheeler traffic thins out, it is more comfortable.

Have not done too many trips on the Kanakpura route post sundown or before sunrise. Feedback based on the few I have done. Others may have additional inputs
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:48   #746
Senior - BHPian

Tried Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakapura route yesterday. Looks like it was a bad decision. Started from Columbia Asia hospital @ 4PM and reached home at Electronic City @ 8.15PM.

How was traffic on Mysore - Bangalore highway yesterday evening?

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd October 2017 at 11:57.
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:22   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I usually do this route past 08:00 PM on my way back from Calicut after a late afternoon start.

Last month I had taken this route late in evening on a Monday. Had taken turn from Mysore - Gudlupet highway to Mysore ring road around 08:00 PM and was able to reach NICE road Kanakpura junction by 10:00 PM.

There will be few local four wheelers on the road along with commercial vehicles, however not many two wheelers since it was late.
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:25   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tried Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakapura route yesterday. Looks like it was a bad decision. Started from Columbia Asia hospital @ 4PM and reached home at Electronic City @ 8.15PM.

How was traffic on Mysore - Bangalore highway yesterday evening?
I traveled on the above mentioned stretch on 29th Sep. Left Bannimantap by 5 PM and reached my house in Bommanahalli by 8 20 PM. Took the Nice road to reach Bannerghatta road from Kanakapura road. Except for roads inside Bannur that are non existent, rest of the tarmac is very good. Of course I had a tough time negotiating the high beams of vehicles coming in the opposite direction.

This route is recommended strictly for day time driving only

I left Mysore for Bangalore last evening. Left Bombe Mane by 1 15 PM and reached home in Bommanahalli by 6 30 PM. Traffic was on the higher side inside Mandya, Maddur, Channapatna and Ramanagaram. More than the road traffic I felt the waiting time of people in hotels for lunch was very high.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 3rd October 2017 at 14:27.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:10   #749
Senior - BHPian

I'd have to return to Madras from Nanjangud starting like 10-11AM on a Monday. Which of the 3 would be the best in terms of time and traffic:

1. Nanjangud-Mysore-Bannur-Kanakpura-BLR-MAS
2. Nanjangud-Mysore-NH 275-BLR-MAS
3. Nanjangud-CR Nagar-Dimbam-Sathy-Bhavani-MAS

I think 1, but want to be sure.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:35   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
1. Nanjangud-Mysore-Bannur-Kanakpura-BLR-MAS
2. Nanjangud-Mysore-NH 275-BLR-MAS
Option 1: Mysore ring road Bannur - Mallavalli - Kanakpura - NICE road - Hosur road exit - Hosur - MAS.

You can opt for option 2 also if you prefer to drive on 4 laned road till Bangalore, however I feel option 1 will be a better drive.

~ 2 hours from Mysore ring road till NICE road entry at Kanakpura road.
~ 30 mins for NICE road Kanakpura road toll till Hosur road exit.
~ 4.5 hours from there to Chennai.

Most Viewed