Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2018, 11:33   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Please try the routes I have been suggesting from a long time, keep yourselves in good condition. I see lot of KL registered cars on the Maddur-HDurga-Magadi route on weekends.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 09:47   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Mallavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road

Part of my Bangalore - Wayanad drive last weekend. Full details here

Wanted to post an update specific to Kanakpura - Mallavalli route. Road widening work has started at many sections around here, they have dug up shoulder area of roads at multiple places.

Didn't find any work ongoing while I traveled on Friday or Sunday, hence not sure about the pace of the work. However, compared to my earlier travel through this route a month back there was many places which had been dug up.

Current work doesn't have any impact on current road size. However, with narrow two lane sections having one side dug up, you need to be careful during any overtaking and during night drives.

Still, would suggest this route over Mysore- Mandya - Ramanagara - Bangalore route due to lesser traffic.

Hope this work gets over before ever delayed Mysore - Bangalore road widening starts up on other route.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:43   #813
Senior - BHPian

In the wake of today's Supreme court verdict on cauvery issue, how does the situation going to be on Mysore stretch. Have a drive planned up tonight or tomorrow early morning.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:51   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
In the wake of today's Supreme court verdict on cauvery issue, how does the situation going to be on Mysore stretch. Have a drive planned up tonight or tomorrow early morning.
I guess no issues. Celebrations are on in Mandya over the verdict as KA is getting additional 14.5 tmc of water. Driving early morning should be fine as against driving today.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 00:35   #815
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,
Weekday morning drive to Mysore Via Bellur Cross with a quick visit to Melukote en route.
Gmaps is suggesting this route:
https://goo.gl/maps/kx7YTn4uWdF2

After Nagamangala, it is suggesting taking SH 85 + SH SH 47 to reach Melukote. How are the conditions on this route ? Would it better to instead continue straight on SH 150A and then turn right towards Melukote ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 02:05   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks,
After Nagamangala, it is suggesting taking SH 85 + SH SH 47 to reach Melukote. How are the conditions on this route ? Would it better to instead continue straight on SH 150A and then turn right towards Melukote ?
If starting from South Bangalore, would suggest that you can take the diversion after Mandya. I did drive to a place near Melukote on the same route and it was not bad.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 09:21   #817
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
If starting from South Bangalore, would suggest that you can take the diversion after Mandya.
Idea is to avoid Mysore road and also try the nagamangala route for the first time and since we have enough time, planning to visit melukote en route.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:29   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I drove on this stretch in Oct 2017 and took the straight route post Nagamangala. Roads were OK to drive , some sections were very good. No need to take diversion from SH 150A.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 11:54   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Hi ,

I used the same stretch [SH 85 + SH 47] in my bike in Feb'2018 and the conditions were good. Looks like the potholes were recently patched and there were no bad stretch on the way. More than anything I loved the 2 lane roads with trees on both the sides. Had stopped for a tea break and happened to click few pics.

Don't miss the awesome Puliyogare and South Indian lunch at Subaanna-mess in Melukote. If you are a frequent visitor you must be much aware of this place.

Regards,
-Badri
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-2ffb70e823894bfd8061a1a0b11ecbbf.jpg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-eb40125be9be459d999d2b1e876871af.jpg  

Full_Minchingu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 13:10   #820
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, what's a good time to start from mysore if taking Bangalore Mysore road (now NH 275) on a weekday ?
*Can start after 3pm, want to avoid Bangalore city traffic madness as much as possible.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 13:41   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, what's a good time to start from mysore if taking Bangalore Mysore road (now NH 275) on a weekday ?
*Can start after 3pm, want to avoid Bangalore city traffic madness as much as possible.
It should be OK if you start by 3 PM. Traffic increase by 5PM on a week day. You may face bit traffic from Mandya to Mysore.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 15:31   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are starting from Mysore or from Bangalore? After 3 PM from Mysore would put you bang into the evening peak hour traffic isn't it?

I would say around 1 PM if feasible, you will hit home in the sweet spot between 3 and 4 PM.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 17:06   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It should be OK if you start by 3 PM. Traffic increase by 5PM on a week day. You may face bit traffic from Mandya to Mysore.
I thought you are starting from Bangalore. From Mysore you need to start bit early as Rajeevraj said.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 18:37   #824
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You are starting from Mysore or from Bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I thought you are starting from Bangalore. From Mysore you need to start bit early as Rajeevraj said.
This is for Mysore-Bangalore, can't start between 1-3, wondering if 7pm would be good (not too keen to start at 10pm) ?
Old 4th April 2018, 18:50   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is for Mysore-Bangalore, can't start between 1-3, wondering if 7pm would be good (not too keen to start at 10pm) ?
7 on a weekday should be good I would say.

My most visits to Mysore till know have been only on weekdays and very rarely on weekends and I have ended up driving through the usual route.

Traffic would have thinned significantly around 9ish towards the direction of City nearing Bangalore and most of the peak hour traffic would actually be driving in the opposite direction on Mysore road till Town Hall after which you will become part of the usual CBD traffic till your last destination, albeit the density reducing further.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks