Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2019, 16:41   #916
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Is this repair work complete now?
Can we now take the flyover on both onward and return directions?
I went to Mysore on Sunday (14th April) and returned on Monday (15th April). The repair work is completed. Traffic is allowed on the BGS flyover in both directions.

Given the election time, I wanted to avoid going through Mandya (hotly contested constituency). My friends who went on Friday and Saturday were both stuck in traffic inside Mandya town. Also (as of November-2018), road widening of Kanakapura route was going on up to Malavalli (from Bangalore side). So, I did the follwing route during onward journey: Bangalore-Channapatna-Maddur-KM Doddi-Malavalli-Mysore ring Road.

Observations: Maddur-Malavalli-Mysore Ring road is a wide, smooth, beautiful 2-laned road with much less traffic compared to usual Mandya-Srirangapatna route. But no scope for food or fuel breaks except inside Malavalli town. Until elections, this maybe a better, scenic and stress-free route though it is a bit longer.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 18:25   #917
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Observations: Maddur-Malavalli-Mysore Ring road is a wide, smooth, beautiful 2-laned road with much less traffic compared to usual Mandya-Srirangapatna route.
I have traveled couple times on Kanakapura-Malavalli-Mysore Ring road and that was great except for maybe a 300-500 metre stretch inside Bannur town, hope that's repaired as well now.
Also, Maddur-Malavalli used to be bad/partially bad for couple of years or more and I guess it is safe to assume post your experience that it's in great shape now, thanks!
Old 16th April 2019, 18:59   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have traveled couple times on Kanakapura-Malavalli-Mysore Ring road and that was great except for maybe a 300-500 metre stretch inside Bannur town, hope that's repaired as well now.
Also, Maddur-Malavalli used to be bad/partially bad for couple of years or more and I guess it is safe to assume post your experience that it's in great shape now, thanks!
Yes. Road in Bannur was fixed sometime last year itself.
And Maddur-Malavalli is much like Malavalli-Mysore ring road stretch - beautiful, wide and smooth now
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 09:07   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
regular Mysore road via Kengeri (125Km), it will take 2 hours.
Read this and took this route in the wee hours of last weekend. This route has all broken and patchy roads and lot of small diversions due to the metro construction work (and white topping?).

Would recommend to take the NICE Road from Tumkur Road and exit at Mysore road.
Old 17th April 2019, 12:05   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Read this and took this route in the wee hours of last weekend. This route has all broken and patchy roads and lot of small diversions due to the metro construction work (and white topping?).

Would recommend to take the NICE Road from Tumkur Road and exit at Mysore road.
My suggestion was to take the regular Mysore road instead of via Nagamangala to reach Srirangapatna. Yes, you can reach Mysore from city via multiple routes.
Old 23rd April 2019, 21:24   #921

Traveled to Mysore on 21st April (Sunday). Since I started around noon from HSR Layout, I took a chance with the Electronic City- Kanakpura - Malavalli - Bannur route. And I returned on 23rd April (Tues) and started from Mysore around 10.30am and took the same route back

There is road widening happening at regular intervals from Kanakpura to Malavalli but it is not hampering the traffic movement since diversions have been created. From Malavalli to Mysore thru Bannur it is a good ride with good roads and light traffic.

The highway does run thru multiple towns and villages where we need to watch out for the tractors and two wheelers either stubbornly going in the middle of the road, cutting across the highway without stop and look or coming on the wrong side.

On the way up I took about 3 hrs 15 mins since there was traffic till Kanakpura. The way down took about 3 Hrs (Roughly 165 Kms door-door)

I could have reached faster, but the route is pretty good with tree lining almost all the way hence decided to enjoy the cool ride instead of focusing on reaching a few minutes earlier.
skvinod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 08:30   #922
Senior - BHPian

Had to drive to Mysore and return back at a short notice this Sunday as a relative was hospitalized.
Left at 11:30Am and took the Kanakpura road while going. Very heavy traffic till Kanakpura. Rest of the route was quite peaceful.

I left again from Mysore to Bangalore at 9:30PM in the night, there was very heavy traffic throughout the distance. It is very difficult to maintain a steady pace in such traffic as there are cars zooming past from left and right with no regards to rules.
At every speed breakers there was a huge line of vehicles.
I usually leave early morning from either destinations for a peaceful drive, I will stick to those timings from now on no matter the circumstances.

In a way, I am glad there is a slowdown in car sales. There are no more peaceful drives.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 00:59   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

I left again from Mysore to Bangalore at 9:30PM in the night, there was very heavy traffic throughout the distance. It is very difficult to maintain a steady pace in such traffic as there are cars zooming past from left and right with no regards to rules.
I guess you took the same route back from Mysore to Bangalore. If you leave Mysore after 9:30pm it is better to take the regular route via Mandya/Ramanagaram. Traffic gets lighter and lighter after 10pm and you can drive back peacefully. The time taken should be around 3 hours which the same as driving via Kanakapura unless there is exceptionally huge traffic.
Old 15th May 2019, 06:15   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
I guess you took the same route back from Mysore to Bangalore. If you leave Mysore after 9:30pm it is better to take the regular route via Mandya/Ramanagaram. Traffic gets lighter and lighter after 10pm and you can drive back peacefully. The time taken should be around 3 hours which the same as driving via Kanakapura unless there is exceptionally huge traffic.

I tool the regular route through Mandya itself.
Kanakpura route in dark is not recommended due to road works
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 14:10   #925
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Mysore from Hosur by end May'19. After reading couple of suggestions here, thinking of Kanakapura road, being a day light travel, tenetatively to start by 3 p.m. from Hosur. However, Google maps shows an road that connects Hosur with Kanakapura road, byepassing Electronic city. Hosur - Thally - Kodi Halli - Sathanuru. How about this stretch ? Please suggest.
Old 16th May 2019, 16:22   #926
Senior - BHPian

There is a route via Anekal to reach Kanakapura bypassing the Bangalore city traffic up to Kaggalipura. The route goes like Hosur-Anekal-Indlawadi-Uraganadoddi-Tattekere-Harohalli-Kanakapura. This road was repaired in 2016 and I last travelled on this route in January 2019. The road was in good condition, it takes about 30 minutes to reach Harohalli from Anekal.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 08:17   #927
Senior - BHPian

Is it a good idea to take Mysore road till Madduru, divert to Malavalli and to Mysore from thereon? The intent here is to avoid crossing Mandya. Distance wise it won't matter much I guess.

Worth it?

Last edited by cool_dube : 26th May 2019 at 08:28.
Old 26th May 2019, 09:27   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is it a good idea to take Mysore road till Madduru, divert to Malavalli and to Mysore from thereon? The intent here is to avoid crossing Mandya. Distance wise it won't matter much I guess.

Worth it?
Not worth it in my opinion. You would anyway cross the bottlenecks of Ramanagara and Channapatna. Mandya in my view is less of an issue compared to Channapatna, and once you cross, it is pretty smooth stretch till Columbia Asia.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 09:40   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Worth it?
If you leave Bangalore by 5:30 in the morning you cross Mandya before the town is awake, and this is without driving crazy fast. I just did it yesterday.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 16:36   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
If you leave Bangalore by 5:30 in the morning you cross Mandya before the town is awake, and this is without driving crazy fast. I just did it yesterday.
Thanks! While I do plan to start early, we cannot avoid the customary (and leisurely) stop at our favorite eating joint just before Madduru This will ensure that we cross Mandya during peak morning hours - hence, the thought to avoid the town if I can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks