Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 13:27   #31
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

Have almost a similar doubt, not exactly the same. Looking at a trip with family for 1 night
Start early morning- reach by noon. Have evening to see something nice
Morning till next noon, then start next day around 4PM and reach bangalore by 11 or so
I can see two options
1. CKM
2. KGudi
Not sure which one is better and what are the attractions of each. Can someone suggest? Tried to hunt for exact posts on each, but not able to zero down on which is best this time of the year.
Another points- which would be the best in terms of road if going in an ANHC
Old 9th March 2011, 13:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

I would say KGudi. That is because with CKM you would miss many places (Belur/Haleibid/Kemmangundi/etc) in the hurry of a one day visit. At KGudi you focus only on one place.
Old 9th March 2011, 13:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Can i also suggest "Iruppu Falls". Just posted a few pictures on my ownership thread at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-safari-2.html

Post 26 onwards is about the Iruppu Falls.

The place i stayed was "JADE", a home stay with a very nice host. Costed me 2K for the stay.

I left on a saturday early morn ( 4.30), reached the home stay at 8.45 AM and had the whole day to ourselves covering the falls, and a temple at Kerala.

We left on sunday monring, had a quick visit to Kuruva Islands and reached Bangalore at 5.30 PM on the sunday.
Old 9th March 2011, 13:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

I would agree with ampere. Kgudi being closer seems to be a better option. 1 day is not sufficient to cover Chikmagalur and surrounding tourist spots. You could consider extending it to 2 nights, 3 days to avoid a rushed itinerary - in which case kemmanugundi, kalhatti falls, mullayanagiri, etc can be covered.

Not sure about Kgudi's roads at the moment but ANHC should not pose a problem with CKM. Roads are quite good in the bangalore - CKM route. Even mullayanagiri is tarred all the way up the hill.

However Kemmanugundi's roads are quite horrifying - some other experts here could suggest options to visit this particular place -perhaps rented jeeps?
Old 9th March 2011, 14:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

The approach to Kgudi thru Lingadhali is pretty good. I was there just last month and the roads will certainly suit an ANHC. No problems what so ever.

I suggested Iruppu because the drive isnt strenous and you can cover in not more than 5 hours. The drive thru N'hole national park is nice and you do get so spot some wild life (Deer and Elephants havent disappointed me at all)
Old 9th March 2011, 14:37   #36
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Folks
Looks like KGudi is a better option, yes Nagarhole/Iruppu can be considered too. Its always a dilemma with me, where
Not looking at moving around too many places as will have parents- prefer a nice, scenic place where one can see a waterfall or two.
Ideal was Yercaud- where we had been, stayed there for a night and on the way back covered hogenakkal falls. Looking at something similar or on those lines
What are the attractions in KGudi? JLR has a resort there- but any other nice accommodation options there?
Old 9th March 2011, 14:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The approach to Kgudi thru Lingadhali is pretty good. I was there just last month and the roads will certainly suit an ANHC. No problems what so ever.

I suggested Iruppu because the drive isnt strenous and you can cover in not more than 5 hours. The drive thru N'hole national park is nice and you do get so spot some wild life (Deer and Elephants havent disappointed me at all)
I think there is a confusion. Are you referring to Kemmengundi?

KGudi is a Jungle Lodges property in BR Hills near Chamrajanagar while Kemmengundi is in CKM.
[Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination]

If its indeed K-Gudi, you need to book much in advance. For long weekends, JLR properties are pretty much sold out.

Last edited by ampere : 9th March 2011 at 14:41.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:56   #38
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think there is a confusion. Are you referring to Kemmengundi?

KGudi is a Jungle Lodges property in BR Hills near Chamrajanagar while Kemmengundi is in CKM.
[Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination]

If its indeed K-Gudi, you need to book much in advance. For long weekends, JLR properties are pretty much sold out.
I thought too that both refer to the same place!
So its Kemmengundi that i need to look up, any nice places to stay there?
Heard a lot about BR hills too, though that maybe off topic on this thread

Last edited by mkh : 9th March 2011 at 14:57.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:10   #39
Team-BHP Support

My points were ALL with respect to K-Gudi and NOT Kemmengundi. On top it, it would be very difficult for you ANHC to handle it.

You should do a combined 2-3 day CKM which would include all places around.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:45   #40
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My points were ALL with respect to K-Gudi and NOT Kemmengundi. On top it, it would be very difficult for you ANHC to handle it.

You should do a combined 2-3 day CKM which would include all places around.
Cool, let me get this right- KGudi is not the best with the ANHC, however that is a better option ( provided JLR is available). I plan to do a weekday so trying to put it as 1 night and 2 days. Maybe can start off at 3/4PM and reach destination at 9/10PM and then have the full day next,start off by noon on 3rd day. Any other suggestions you can give me to choose from ( with this sort of itinerary?)
I can also take the i-10 but then will lose on that extra space that the ANHC offers.
Thanks for the inputs though.
Old 9th March 2011, 17:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

@mkh - You can consider Bandipur, Nagerhole, Kabini, Masinagudi etc if you prefer some wildlife. All will come in the same time frame, check on the forest gate timings if you plan to drive in the night. Iruppu or Kutta will be a good choice since you mentioned Waterfalls, there are lot of homestays around these places. Tolpetty or Sulthanbathery is doable, but need min 3 days for sightseeing.
Old 9th March 2011, 18:12   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Cool, let me get this right- KGudi is not the best with the ANHC, however that is a better option ( provided JLR is available). I plan to do a weekday so trying to put it as 1 night and 2 days. Maybe can start off at 3/4PM and reach destination at 9/10PM and then have the full day next,start off by noon on 3rd day. Any other suggestions you can give me to choose from ( with this sort of itinerary?)
I can also take the i-10 but then will lose on that extra space that the ANHC offers.
Thanks for the inputs though.
I meant K-Gudi should be manageable, but Kemmengundi would be difficult.
Others can comment.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Amp. Kemmengundi will be difficult to manage. Its not an easy drive. Distance wise, it may look about 250 KM's, but it takes more than 5.5-6 hours one way and that can get to you physically (atleast for me ), especially, if you are looking for a one night/two days kind of a get away.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:51   #44
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of this
Leave Bangalore early by about 8am and hit Mysore by noon
Visit srirangapatna etc and have lunch
Then proceed to kutta an reach by 5ish to be able to go through nagarhole which I think is close to kutta
Reach homestay and stay the night
Morning see waterfalls till noon and then head back
Reach Mysore by 3pm back, see brindavan and palace and come back to Bangalore late night
Does this look feasible? In kutta other then iruppu falls and nagarhole what else is worth? Had been to bandipur recently else would have driven to bandipur rather than kutta

Last edited by mkh : 9th March 2011 at 19:52.
Old 9th March 2011, 22:46   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thinking of this
Leave Bangalore early by about 8am and hit Mysore by noon
Visit srirangapatna etc and have lunch
Then proceed to kutta an reach by 5ish to be able to go through nagarhole which I think is close to kutta
Reach homestay and stay the night
Morning see waterfalls till noon and then head back
Reach Mysore by 3pm back, see brindavan and palace and come back to Bangalore late night
Does this look feasible? In kutta other then iruppu falls and nagarhole what else is worth? Had been to bandipur recently else would have driven to bandipur rather than kutta
- Start earlier. Say 5:30. With due BF on the Mysore road you would reach Mysore by 8 to 8:30.
- Srinrangapatna is 22Km before Mysore. I am not sure when the monuments would open for Public. (8 or 9 or later!)
- Visit Palace and Zoo.

- This above three itself would delay you till 2-3 easily.
- You can cut your plan accordingly.

- Now the question is what next to Mysore. There are many. As @gadadar said you can even go to Bandipur/Masinagudi or Waynad stay in a home stay. But that evening you cant do anything.

Go for sight seeing the next day and start afternoon/evening to back in Bagalore. My best bet for one night beyond Mysore is either Bandipur or Waynad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks