Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 23:10   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?

if you are keen on covering srirangaptna/mysore then nagarhole/irupu falls looks like the best option in my opinion, at 90km from mysore, since you mentioned you already visited bandipur earlier. I had done the wayanad stretch in my car last year, and although roads are good, bangalore to mysore (3 hrs), mysore to wayanad (3 hrs) and wayanad to bangalore (6 hrs) all in 2 days might be a bit tiresome if you are the only 1 driving
Old 10th March 2011, 10:27   #47
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
@mkh - You can consider Bandipur, Nagerhole, Kabini, Masinagudi etc if you prefer some wildlife. All will come in the same time frame, check on the forest gate timings if you plan to drive in the night. Iruppu or Kutta will be a good choice since you mentioned Waterfalls, there are lot of homestays around these places. Tolpetty or Sulthanbathery is doable, but need min 3 days for sightseeing.
Any good home stays that are near to Iruppu as well as nagarhole?
I saw Jade- that is 10 kms from nagarhole though.
Old 10th March 2011, 11:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Any good home stays that are near to Iruppu as well as nagarhole?
I saw Jade- that is 10 kms from nagarhole though.
Please check this tread, there are details about route and stay options http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...utta-irpu.html.
Old 11th March 2011, 23:49   #49
Team-BHP Support

Hello folks,

It's final - I'm getting back on the road for a quick getaway. My folks and I are planning a visit to Chikmagalur next weekend i.e. 20th (sunday) to 21st night or 22nd morning. We'd leave early morning on 20th and would want to be back in Bangalore by early evening (to avoid weekday traffic) on tuesday latest.

I'd like some advice on the route I should take, the place I should visit and also what I can club along with Chikmagalur (eg. like Kemmagundi mentioned in the thread). Hope the weather suits fine. Any pointers on accommodation? I'd been to Wayanad and loved the homestay concept.

We'd be travelling in the Corsa - doesn't really have a good ground clearance.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:24   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'd like some advice on the route I should take, the place I should visit and also what I can club along with Chikmagalur (eg. like Kemmagundi mentioned in the thread).
The most commonly used route would be Bangalore - Hassan - Chikmagalur in case you would like to visit Belur and Halebid temples on the way (Belur falls on the way but Halebid is a slight deviation from the route).

An alternate route would be Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arsikere - Javagal - Chikmagalur... but this would bypass Belur and Halebid.

Quote:
Any pointers on accommodation? I'd been to Wayanad and loved the homestay concept.
Send me a PM. I'll try to help you. There are plenty of homestays available depending on your budget.

Quote:
We'd be travelling in the Corsa - doesn't really have a good ground clearance.
Won't really pose a problem. The first route that I mentioned is quite good and I can vouch for that. I've done this a couple of times in my Accent recently and had no problems with the road. Only the Belur - Chikmagalur short stretch was a bit patchy.

Not sure about the quality of the second route. Perhaps some others can comment
Old 12th March 2011, 08:35   #51
Team-BHP Support

Check out @Asethi's TL.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nabe-list.html

And also plan to visit this lake called Ayyanakere. Its on the Kadur road. I have uploaded snaps of the place on @Asethi's TL itself.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

you could get some ideas here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mmangundi.html
Old 13th March 2011, 12:00   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The most commonly used route would be Bangalore - Hassan - Chikmagalur in case you would like to visit Belur and Halebid temples on the way (Belur falls on the way but Halebid is a slight deviation from the route).

An alternate route would be Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arsikere - Javagal - Chikmagalur... but this would bypass Belur and Halebid.

Send me a PM. I'll try to help you. There are plenty of homestays available depending on your budget.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Check out @Asethi's TL.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nabe-list.html

And also plan to visit this lake called Ayyanakere. Its on the Kadur road. I have uploaded snaps of the place on @Asethi's TL itself.
Saw the pics; will catch it en route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks! That gives quite a good idea.

In the earlier posts on this thread, someone has mentioned about one route from Chikmagalur to Kemmangundi being very scenic but in bad shape. What route is best for that leg?
Old 14th March 2011, 18:30   #54
BHPian

Almost everything is finalized now, thanks to you guys.
We will be going on 18th March.
We are going straight to chickmagalur and staying at Spectrum homestay for the night.
Next day, we will be going to Thirthahalli, while covering the places around chickmagalur.
We will be staying in Thirthahalli for the night and then visiting Agumbe the next day.
We are planning to be back in Bangalore by 20th night.

What do you guys think of this plan?

The only thing left to decide is whether to go by our own cars or to go by a cab, as we are 7 people. I will start a travelogue once I am back from the trip.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:45   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
But make sure from Chikmagalur you take the route via Kaimara -Arasinaguppe -Lingadahalli - Kallathipura to Kemmangundi.
By any chance if you take this route CKM-Kaimara-Atthigundi-Kemmangundi, this is in very bad shape, it's broken all the way from Attigundi - Kemmangundi. But this is one THE BEST SCENIC Route I have encountered.
The route I found on Google maps is Chikmagalur-Kaimara-Kemmangundu. Is that the one you are referring to? I didn't find Arasinaguppe on Google maps. Lingadahalli looks far ahead; as in, one would have to go there and then come back for Kemmangundi. I've attached snapshots. Could you suggest the better route please.
Attached Thumbnails
Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?-1.jpg  

Munnar, Kemmangundi or Chickmagalur for a 3 days trip?-2.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th March 2011 at 18:50.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Almost everything is finalized now, thanks to you guys.
We will be going on 18th March.
We are going straight to chickmagalur and staying at Spectrum homestay for the night.
Next day, we will be going to Thirthahalli, while covering the places around chickmagalur.
We will be staying in Thirthahalli for the night and then visiting Agumbe the next day.
We are planning to be back in Bangalore by 20th night.

What do you guys think of this plan?

The only thing left to decide is whether to go by our own cars or to go by a cab, as we are 7 people. I will start a travelogue once I am back from the trip.
Praz, did you check how is the weather in Agumbe. Agumbe is heavenly during the monsoon but could look just the opposite during the summer. I've been to Agumbe twice, once during winter and once during summer. Would suggest you to check the weather before zeroing in on each place.

For acco in Agumbe, there is a small lodge called Mallya Residency. The guy who owns it was very friendly and arranged some delicios food for us. Probably you can look at that place for your stay.

All the places you've mentioned so far is doable with Punto, you will really enjoy driving through these places.
Let me know in case you need any detail.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 14th March 2011 at 19:17.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:16   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Praz, did you check how is the weather in Agumbe. Agumbe is heavenly during the monsoon but could look just the opposite during the summer. I've been to Agumbe twice, once during winter and once during summer. Would suggest you to check the weather before zeroing in on each place.
Second that.

I had been to Kudlu Falls, Agumbe and Shringeri on a bike during the 1st week of April on 2009 and it was hot! Another thing - I doubt how much water Agumbe falls will have. If there's quite a bit, the heat wouldn't really be a problem.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:24   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Second that.

I had been to Kudlu Falls, Agumbe and Shringeri on a bike during the 1st week of April on 2009 and it was hot! Another thing - I doubt how much water Agumbe falls will have. If there's quite a bit, the heat wouldn't really be a problem.
Regarding your query -

I've mentioned earlier in this thread, just repeating it again. Avoid the route mentioned by sushrutha to reach Kemmangundi. Your Corsa will surely be not able to handle it, my Punto couldn't.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Regarding your query -

I've mentioned earlier in this thread, just repeating it again. Avoid the route mentioned by sushrutha to reach Kemmangundi. Your Corsa will surely be not able to handle it, my Punto couldn't.
I noted that but couldn't find the exact route on google maps. Could you tell me which of the 2 I have pasted in my earlier thread. Or is it some other one?
Old 14th March 2011, 19:35   #60
BHPian

I don't remember the names. The trip was done more than a year ago.
You could PM Ampere, he should be able to guide you.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks