Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2011, 22:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Raipur (Chhattisgarh): Which Route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
you can do Bangalore - Adilabad easily on day-1 and thereon to Raipur on day-2.
If you plan to reach Adilabad on day 1, leave early so that you can cover the only bad strectch in this segment between Kamareddy - Armur during day light.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the same line of thought and had almost finalized on the Jeypore - Vizianagaram route for my return leg but after hearing all sorts of horror stories about this route, decided against it as I was traveling with family. Had no choice but to take the same (NGP-HYD) route back. However, the Jeypore route does remain on my to-do list

Folks,

Just returned from a trip to Chattisgarh and Kanha yesterday. The route we took was

Bangalore - Tirupati - Vijayawada - Vizag - Vizianagaram - Jeypore - Jagdalpur - Kanker - Chuikadan - Kanwardha - Kanha (Kisli) - Seoni - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore. Distance covered 4100 KMs in Scorpio.
Fauji, thanks for the great update. Good that you had a smooth trip.
Nice to hear about the trouble-free drive you had on NH43. No petty extortion, or bandhs?
Can you elaborate on the Kanker-Kanha route? I guess you avoided Raipur and went directly to Bhilai or Raj Nandgaon? And you say the roads are great?
Happy to know you did not face any problems thanks to the TG agitation in AP.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 17:01. Reason: Please avoid quoting full/large posts. Thanks
Old 14th March 2011, 19:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post

Fauji, thanks for the great update. Good that you had a smooth trip.
Nice to hear about the trouble-free drive you had on NH43. No petty extortion, or bandhs?
Can you elaborate on the Kanker-Kanha route? I guess you avoided Raipur and went directly to Bhilai or Raj Nandgaon? And you say the roads are great?
Happy to know you did not face any problems thanks to the TG agitation in AP.
Thank you sir. Yes, we had a great trip. No extrortions, bundhs, road blocks anywhere on the route in all the three states.

Yes, we avoided Raipur and went straight to Rajnandgaon via Balod (need to take a left turn ten KMs before Damtari on Kanker - Raipur highway,good sign boards are there) and Lohara. We were pleasantly surprised at the condition of the road except for small roadhumps. Three KMs inside Rajnanadgaon town was bad due to flyover construction and normal town traffic. But for that, the roads were good till Kanwardha.

After Kanwardha, we visited Bhoramdeo and then reached Chilpi via ghat road in Bhoramdeo Wild Life santuary which is shorter. The route via santuary was not good. But you have an option of not taking this route and return to highway and reach Chilpi and onwards to Mukki.

At Mukki, we had to go through buffer zone of Kanha to reach Kisli. First ten KMs was not good. Since we were driving through jungle we did not mind. Then onwards road was very good till we reached a kutcha road on which drove last five KMs to reach our resort on the banks of Banjar river on Kanha - Chiraidongri - Nainpur road.

If one is clubbing Chattisgarh with Kanha, it makes sense to stay at Mukki.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2011 at 17:02. Reason: Formatted incorrect quote tag
Old 1st April 2011, 19:13   #19
BHPian

Hi,

Need to drive Hyderabad-Bilaspur if I can't manage train ticket.

Google gives the route, and on NH6 from Nagpur to Raipur I see a road leading left from a roundabout at Taatibandh passing through Ayyapa Talab and joining at First House on Banjari Road (NH200). Taatibandh falls after Kumhari, beyond the Toll Plaza, passing Mohan Palace etc. This route shaves off a few km as well as avoids Raipur city. Is this the bypass to take if I don't want to touch Raipur? How is the road?

Thanks.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
v) Hinganghat to Wadki - Misery. Railway crossing, single lane, bad road, truck traffic all this slow you down considerably.

ix) Armur to Kamareddy - Misery. Single lane, bad road, truck traffic. All this slow you down considerably.
Fauji, would you be able to tell the lengths of the above quoted stretch between Nagpur to Hyderabad ?
Will it eat into the time and slow you down ?
Old 19th April 2011, 17:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Fauji, would you be able to tell the lengths of the above quoted stretch between Nagpur to Hyderabad ?
Will it eat into the time and slow you down ?
These stretches are around 30-35 Kms. Yes it will definitely slow you down and eat into overall time. We left Nagpur around 1.30 PM and we were in Hyderabad at 9 PM with a break of 30 minutes for lunch.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

What options do I have to divert off NH7 before Nagpur and hit NH6 after Bhandara (towards Raipur)? The idea here is to avoid the messy Nagpur bypass as well as the pathetic Nagpur-Bhandara stretch.

Cheers...
Old 21st August 2012, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

What options do I have to divert off NH7 before Nagpur and hit NH6 after Bhandara (towards Raipur)? The idea here is to avoid the messy Nagpur bypass as well as the pathetic Nagpur-Bhandara stretch.

Cheers...
Right before entering Nagpur, after you have crossed the Internation Cricket Stadium on your left, there is an exit, which says Jabalpur. Take that and drive 24 KM on it. There is another toll both on this express way, they change 45/-, IIRC. the exit takes to the other end of Nagpur. this cuts the whole city and saves around 40 minutes due to no traffic. The road is very good with no traffic.

I have no idea on how to avoid the Nagpur Bandara stretch though
MrinalSinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Right before entering Nagpur, after you have crossed the Internation Cricket Stadium on your left, there is an exit, which says Jabalpur. Take that and drive 24 KM on it. There is another toll both on this express way, they change 45/-, IIRC. the exit takes to the other end of Nagpur. this cuts the whole city and saves around 40 minutes due to no traffic. The road is very good with no traffic.
Is this the new ORR? Has it been commissioned? How far from Nagpur does this join NH6?

Quote:
I have no idea on how to avoid the Nagpur Bandara stretch though
My query was more to do with using some of the interior state highways like going via Chadrapur, Wani, etc.

Kumar Sir - where art thou??
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the new ORR? Has it been commissioned? How far from Nagpur does this join NH6?
Yes, part of the ORR in Nagpur opened last month. You can now travel from NH7 (south of Nagpur airport, coming from Hyderabad side) to NH6 (east of Nagpur city, towards Bhandara) on this new ORR.

Quote:
My query was more to do with using some of the interior state highways like going via Chadrapur, Wani, etc.

Please stick to NH7-NH6 route. Nagpur-Bhandara is hardly 50 kms and despite teh high density of traffic on this 2-laned highway, not unbearable. After Bhandara it is a fantastic 4-laned highway. Not worth going via Chandrapur just for that, it is anyway the Tadoba forest region without any good road networks.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Even if you do not take the ORR, it is easy to get on to NH6. Simply take the right under the Sitabuldi flyover right beside haldirams and then straight till the T-point after crossing the railway line. Take a right at T-point. This road takes you to Moda(28kms) and then to Bhandara (30kms).

Depending on the time you are on this road, you may or may not get traffic. I drove at 7:30 am in Jan and was able to touch Nagpur from Bhandara in 45 mins, with overall Raipur-Nagpur taking 3:30 mins.

Let me know if you need help. I am from Raipur.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mayankjha took a route from Chimur to NH6 a couple of months back.I suspect this is the route he took https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=10&t=m&z=8.

Best would be to check with him.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Even if you do not take the ORR, it is easy to get on to NH6. Simply take the right under the Sitabuldi flyover right beside haldirams and then straight till the T-point after crossing the railway line. Take a right at T-point. This road takes you to Moda(28kms) and then to Bhandara (30kms).

Depending on the time you are on this road, you may or may not get traffic. I drove at 7:30 am in Jan and was able to touch Nagpur from Bhandara in 45 mins, with overall Raipur-Nagpur taking 3:30 mins.

Let me know if you need help. I am from Raipur.
Gaurav, I always used to take this road. But during the last visit, in this month, the ORR has started which lets you avoid the whole NGP. You join the NH before Moda, actually you join the NH near the place where RTA check post start at the entry og NGP. When you did the trip in Jan, the route was under construtcion. try this bypass the next time you drive, provided you dont have to meet anyone in NGP city.

For me NGP outskirts to Bhilai is 3-4 hours depending on the traffic till Bhandara. But ealrier, entry in NGP to exit from NGP used to take almost an hour to me around 1 PM (usual time I hit NGP when starting from Hyd in morning). That was cut down to 15-18 mins during the last trip.

I would always prefer the NGP Bhandara route compared to the one taken through chandrapur, dont feel comfortable with that idea at all.

OT: Where in raipur? I am from Bhilai and have lots of family in Raipur.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 22nd August 2012 at 17:37.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, part of the ORR in Nagpur opened last month. You can now travel from NH7 (south of Nagpur airport, coming from Hyderabad side) to NH6 (east of Nagpur city, towards Bhandara) on this new ORR.
This is good news - hopefully there is adequate signage on NH7 exit. Any idea where does this ORR hit NH6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Not worth going via Chandrapur just for that, it is anyway the Tadoba forest region without any good road networks.
I agree - not much saving in terms of distance and am sure going via interior SH's will take longer. I essentially wanted to avoid Nagpur-Bhandara stretch. How about this option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Even if you do not take the ORR, it is easy to get on to NH6...
Thanks - I am aware of this route and this is what I usually take. However, the current Nagpur ORR is a mess and very time consuming to negotiate, not to mention the congested Nagpur-Bhandara stretch. The intent of my original query was to avoid both of these stretches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Mayankjha took a route from Chimur to NH6 a couple of months back
Looks interesting - will be good to get a feedback from Mayank. This makes sense in case one is planning to go to Tadoba Tiger Reserve (from HYD side) and move on to Raipur (which I might do this time )

Quote:
..ealrier, entry in NGP to exit from NGP used to take almost an hour to me around 1 PM (usual time I hit NGP when starting from Hyd in morning).
+1

Quote:
That was cut down to 15-18 mins during the last trip.
This is definitely good news
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks interesting - will be good to get a feedback from Mayank. This makes sense in case one is planning to go to Tadoba Tiger Reserve (from HYD side) and move on to Raipur (which I might do this time )
Yes he had taken the same route:BLR-HYD-Tadoba-Raipur.But the route would make sense only if you are intending to go to the Kolara gate at Tadoba.If its to Moharli or Kolsa,it doesnt make sense.

OT:Svasara is a good place to stay at Kolara http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tadoba-ed.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks