Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 13:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Raipur (Chhattisgarh): Which Route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Hi Cool Dube
Need help. Need to travel from Bangalore to Raipur. From your notes, pain point can be crossing hyderabad city and Nagpur city. What are your suggestions ? Is Nagpur bypass all done ? Should I cross hyd from main city or sud i take ORR?

thanks
Crossing Hyd is not a pain point anymore as the Nehru Outer Ring Road is now open for traffic.From Shamshabad take the ORR ring road and exit the ring road onto NH7 just before Medchal.
Old 4th March 2013, 13:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From your notes, pain point can be crossing hyderabad city and Nagpur city. What are your suggestions ? Is Nagpur bypass all done ? Should I cross hyd from main city or sud i take ORR?
Yogesh - West wing of Nehru ORR b/w Shamshabad and Medchal is complete (was commissioned 2 months back) and you can bypass Hyderabad in about 30 mins or so! Entry and exit are very well marked. Also, Nagpur bypass is complete as well - you need to watch out for signboards about 10 km before the airport - you will exit well beyond Nagpur city on NH-6 towards Bhandara.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more queries.

Last edited by cool_dube : 4th March 2013 at 13:07.
Old 4th March 2013, 13:08   #48
BHPian

Thanks Ranjitp and Cool Dube.
Old 14th March 2013, 19:41   #49
BHPian

Update on road condition: AP-MH border still a issue. 1 hr of bad drive in patches in MH side of border.
Nagpur ORR is great and you bypass Nagpur completely. But NH6 from Nagpur ORR till you cross Bhandara ( Wainganga Bridge ) is time consuming.Lot of road widening work going on.
Found a new local road which is OKish. The good thing is you bypass Bhandara also.
After you cross Hinganghat, you get Dhone. In the Dhone circle you take left to go towards Nagpur(ButiBori). Rather than going left, go straight towards Samudrapur/Umred. This is village road and for first 25 Km, its not great. Avg speed say will be around 40. But then the road improves vastly ( still single lane), but you can easily go till 70. It goes through villages, so only traffic you will get is of state bus, tractors, trax. Also, i think this road is shorter than going through Nagpur ORR- Bhandara. You bypass Bhandara and Wainganga bridge completely.
Old 30th July 2013, 01:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Also, i think this road is shorter than going through Nagpur ORR- Bhandara. You bypass Bhandara and Wainganga bridge completely.

So where exactly does this road come out? How much time do we save? Do you think it would have gone slightly bad post the rains? Is it worth trying?
Old 30th July 2013, 11:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
So where exactly does this road come out? How much time do we save? Do you think it would have gone slightly bad post the rains? Is it worth trying?
It comes out just after Bhandara. I dont think you should try this road now with Monsoon on.
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 12:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

In October/November another Raipur drive is coming up, i see the road conditions haven't improved a lot on AP/MH border from what it was a year ago.

Anyone who has done this trip recently would be able to comment.

Even the Nagpur bypass was not a 4 lane when i went last time, and it had potholes. After leaving Nagpur the hilly portion also had single lane road, in which it was difficult to overtake slow moving trucks. Is it the same as of now?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 30th July 2013 at 12:12.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
In October/November another Raipur drive is coming up, i see the road conditions haven't improved a lot on AP/MH border from what it was a year ago.

Even the Nagpur bypass was not a 4 lane when i went last time, and it had potholes. After leaving Nagpur the hilly portion also had single lane road, in which it was difficult to overtake slow moving trucks. Is it the same as of now?
You're talking about the Nagpur-Bhandara streach.
Yes it is the same till now, though four laning work is under progress.
Old 30th July 2013, 23:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Same here. Planning for a Raipur trip during Dushera.

The Nagpur-Bhandara stretch was under progress in Jan when I went. Quite a portion should have been done if I am not wrong.

The hilly portions after Nagpur and before Dongargarh are yet to see any work starting in terms of 4 laning.

Also the connection between the Nagpur Byepass and coming over to Raipur road is like a village road. Not sure if I took a wrong turn last time.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Same here. Planning for a Raipur trip during Dushera.

The Nagpur-Bhandara stretch was under progress in Jan when I went. Quite a portion should have been done if I am not wrong.

The hilly portions after Nagpur and before Dongargarh are yet to see any work starting in terms of 4 laning.

Also the connection between the Nagpur Byepass and coming over to Raipur road is like a village road. Not sure if I took a wrong turn last time.
Nagpur - Bhandara - good amount of work was still pending around 3 months back.

Hilly portions before Dongarhgarh is small and yes it is 2 lane, but easliy manageable. Be careful during over takes.

As far as Nagpur bypass, you took the wrong turn. Did you pass Umred ? Check my prev posts. Nagpur bypass is from Buti Bori and it is a great 4 lane road.
Old 5th August 2013, 19:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Nagpur - Bhandara - good amount of work was still pending around 3 months back.

Hilly portions before Dongarhgarh is small and yes it is 2 lane, but easliy manageable. Be careful during over takes.

As far as Nagpur bypass, you took the wrong turn. Did you pass Umred ? Check my prev posts. Nagpur bypass is from Buti Bori and it is a great 4 lane road.
I took the toll road that goes to Jabalpur, however to get on the Bhandara road, there is a 1 km stretch (this is after you have covered 20/25 kms on the Jabalpur expressway) that is through a small village setup.
Old 13th November 2014, 11:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up this old thread:

I might drive down from Bangalore to Raipur this December and given the bad road conditions b/w Adilabad and Hinganghat (refer to this post) I was wondering what other options do I have beyond Adilabad.

Here are a couple I came up with - please share your feedback if any:
  • Option 1 - map
  • Option 2 - map

Thanks in advance...
Old 20th January 2015, 16:45   #58
BHPian

I did Bangalore to Bilaspur in the last week of December, the entire journey was a breeze apart from this stretch. These 60 kms I must say were horrible, worst roads (if I may call them roads).

Moreover I did that on my Honda Brio. That was a stretch where even Boleros and Scorpios were trying to play safe, moving at 20 kmph, felt so bad to be doing that to the cute little hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Bumping up this old thread:

I might drive down from Bangalore to Raipur this December and given the bad road conditions b/w Adilabad and Hinganghat (refer to this post) I was wondering what other options do I have beyond Adilabad.

Here are a couple I came up with - please share your feedback if any:
  • Option 1 - map
  • Option 2 - map
Hi , Did you get a chance to travel and try out any of those options, other than the Adilabad-Hinganghat one ? Any info on the alternatives will be really helpful.
Old 6th January 2016, 19:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

For folks driving to Raipur from Nagpur - I did this stretch last week and here is a quick update.
  • The new Nagpur RR is superb and gets you from NH7 (from Hyderabad) to NH6 (towards Raipur) in a jiffy
  • The Nagpur-Bhandara stretch is fully 4-lane now
  • Road through Bhandara is still 2-lane and a pain
  • Post Bhandara, the road is superb all the way till Durg with some nice vistas
  • Durg has a wonderful bypass, fully 4 lane
  • Durg to Raipur, through Bhilai, is still a pain due to local traffic. Why on earth could they not have extended the Durg bypass to skip Bhilai as well and join the Raipur bypass directly??!!
  • Raipur bypass is fairly decent with its own share of local traffic and couple of traffic signals

This stretch can take anywhere from 4-5 hours depending on the time of day. One good eating joint here is "Rabri-wala" just before Bhandara, coming in from Nagpur side, which serves some lip-smacking delicacies.

Hope this helps!
Old 21st December 2018, 12:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Raipur (Chhattisgarh): Which Route?

Has anyone done this stretch in the recent past. Im planning to start tomorrow (23rd Dec), have a stop over at Hyderanbad and then continue to Raipur next day morning. The times looks odd on Google Maps (10 Hours to HYD, and 14Hrs to Raipur from there).

Any idea on how the roads are at this moment? Any good eateries along the way? I see one being "Rabri-wala" between Nagpur and Raipur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks