Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2014, 09:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Kolkata to Nainital - Road information requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_N View Post
Hi Black_panther, thanks for replying. Did you mean, Allahabad > Raebareli > Lucknow through NH24B and then Sitapur > Shahjahanpur > Bareily through NH24 ?
Yes.

Quote:
Also please suggest me if it would be prudent to go beyond Nainital and stay somewhere else, so that we can do the Bageshwar Chaukori route at ease? Why I am asking is we've been to Nainital twice in the past, but quite sometimes back, and it would be nice to spend some time in Bageshwar temple while travelling to Chaukori. Can you suggest any good place apart from Almorah, which I don't like personally.

Thanks a ton
You can stay at Ranikhet (nothing much to see there) or Kaushani, but the latter would be too close to Bageshwar. You can also drop by for a cup of tea at Kaushani. The views are great before noon on a clear day.

All the best for your trip!
Old 25th April 2016, 23:32   #17
BHPian

Kolkata to Munsyari - route query

Need suggestions about the optimal route from Kolkata to Munsyari.

From Kolkata to Nainital I can see 3 alternate routes in Google Maps:

Option 1
On NH2 upto intersection of NH24B and Allahabad Bypass , then Raebarelli , Lucknow , NH24 towards Sitapur , Shahjahanpur , Katra , Bareilly , SH 37 Baheri , Kichha , Haldwani and Nainital.

Option 2
On NH2 till before Kanpur , NH25 Unnao , SH 38 Safipur , Bangarmau , Madhoganj , Tera , SH 29 Jalalabad , SH 24 Katra , Bareilly , SH 37 Baheri , Kichha , Haldwani and Nainital.

Option 3
On NH2 upto intersection of NH24B and Allahabad Bypass , then Raebarelli , Lucknow , NH24 towards Sitapur , then Lakhimpur , Puranpur, Pilibhit, Majhola, Sitarganj, Chorgallia , Haldwani and Nainital.

The 4th option would be NH2 till Noida and then go via Moradabad .

Which is the best option amongst these ?

Again from Nainital to Munsyari there seem to be 3 options , which is the best and/or which is the most scenic ? Is this doable in a day , say a 10 – 14 hrs drive ?

Option A
Nainital – Almora – Kuchar – Seal – Jhaltola – Berinag , Udyari Bend - Thal – Tejam - Birthi - Munsyari.

Option B
Nainital – Almora - Bageshwar – Mankot – Chaukori - Udyari Bend - Thal – Tejam -Birthi - Munsyari.

Option C
Nainital – Almora - Bageshwar – Kapkot – Raaton - Birthi - Munsyari.
Old 26th April 2016, 17:53   #18
BHPian

Re: Kolkata to Munsyari - route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Need suggestions about the optimal route from Kolkata to Munsyari.

From Kolkata to Nainital I can see 3 alternate routes in Google Maps:

Option 1
On NH2 upto intersection of NH24B and Allahabad Bypass , then Raebarelli , Lucknow , NH24 towards Sitapur , Shahjahanpur , Katra , Bareilly , SH 37 Baheri , Kichha , Haldwani and Nainital.

Option 2
On NH2 till before Kanpur , NH25 Unnao , SH 38 Safipur , Bangarmau , Madhoganj , Tera , SH 29 Jalalabad , SH 24 Katra , Bareilly , SH 37 Baheri , Kichha , Haldwani and Nainital.

Option 3
On NH2 upto intersection of NH24B and Allahabad Bypass , then Raebarelli , Lucknow , NH24 towards Sitapur , then Lakhimpur , Puranpur, Pilibhit, Majhola, Sitarganj, Chorgallia , Haldwani and Nainital.

The 4th option would be NH2 till Noida and then go via Moradabad .

Which is the best option amongst these ?

Again from Nainital to Munsyari there seem to be 3 options , which is the best and/or which is the most scenic ? Is this doable in a day , say a 10 – 14 hrs drive ?

Option A
Nainital – Almora – Kuchar – Seal – Jhaltola – Berinag , Udyari Bend - Thal – Tejam - Birthi - Munsyari.

Option B
Nainital – Almora - Bageshwar – Mankot – Chaukori - Udyari Bend - Thal – Tejam -Birthi - Munsyari.

Option C
Nainital – Almora - Bageshwar – Kapkot – Raaton - Birthi - Munsyari.
I have been to Munsiyari in the first week of Jan. I took the following road-

Kolkata-Nainital - Option 1. Most of the route was in good condition except Sitaput to Bareilly.
Nainital-Munsiyari- Option B. All the roads in UK are very good. Only last few kms before Munsiyari is broken, not that Sikkim/WB broken type.

I couldnt finish my travelogue but you might find it useful here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tarakhand.html

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2016 at 09:37. Reason: PM coming up
Uprasenjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 20:53   #19
BHPian

Re: Kolkata to Munsyari - route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post

Kolkata-Nainital - Option 1. Most of the route was in good condition except Sitaput to Bareilly.
Nainital-Munsiyari- Option B. All the roads in UK are very good. Only last few kms before Munsiyari is broken, not that Sikkim/WB broken type.

I couldnt finish my travelogue but you might find it useful here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tarakhand.html

or

http://www.weandtheroads.com/2016/02...tarakhand.html
Thanks Uprasenjit , I did check your unfinished travelogue before posting , you have some great pictures there and a wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing the additional link that has the complete story.
Old 4th May 2016, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Re: Kolkata to Nainital - Road information requested

Posting hotel information here -

I have booked all the hotels from goibibo, as they were giving massive discount during off peak season. All the hotels except Nainital was fabulous.

1. Lucknow - Hotel Myriad. 2500 per room with breakfast
2. Nainital- Hotel Maharaja - Please dont try this
3. Kausani- Nature's valley resort- 900 per room. Brilliant view.
4. Munsiyari- Milam Inn - 1300 per room. Brilliant view again.
5. Bhimtal- Neelesh In- 900 per room. Just in front of Bhimtal
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed