Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 4th December 2018, 18:18   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Murudeshwar - Gokarna : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
road is bad in several places, so I would suggest avoiding even if it is open
Thanks for the update. Will avoid this in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I too share the same concern, have been driving on Turuvekere-Arsikere-Kadur-Tarikere stretch very often on weekends.
Yes, this is a beautiful road, just that I was thinking that Sirsi route may be faster option.

It is been a while since I took this route though. Last was some 2 years back, that time Arsikere - Kadur had few potholes, else the route was great all way till Tarikere (Lakkavalli).

Will take this route itself in that case. Thanks.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2018, 18:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks for the update. Will avoid this in that case.

It is been a while since I took this route though.

Will take this route itself in that case. Thanks.
Since you are travelling on a weekend, there will be crowd at the temple. Check the temple and pooja timings as Dhanur Masa starts on 16th of this month. The roads were asphalted between Yadiyur and Tiptur last year, roads are decent enough to maintain good speed till Shivamogga.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2018, 20:16   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Since you are travelling on a weekend, there will be crowd at the temple.
Thanks for the same. I will be at Gokarna from Sat till Tuesday and the trip will be a leisure one, so will check the temple timing and plan the visit accordingly.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2018, 20:22   #64
BHPian

We took a trip to Jog just a couple of months back on Arsikere-Kadur-Bhadravathi-Shimoga-Talaguppa route. I documented the trip report here (Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences).

To summarise, the road conditions aren't so bad to have a rethink. Also we went post-monsoon. It hasn't rained much over the past two months in Karnataka. So I don't think the roads would have deteriorated, or did they?
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 12:22   #65

We are planning a trip to Murudeswar & Goa from Bangalore end of this month. Family trip with 2 adults & 2 kids.
Whats the best suggested route to Murudeswar from Bangalore.
I've been to Murudeswar multiple times earlier and have taken different routes: Shimoga -> Jog -> Honnavara -> Murudeswar; Sirsi -> Kumta -> Honnavara -> Murudeswar; Ranebennur -> Siddapur -> Honnavara -> Murudeswar. But its been more than 2 years since my last trip this way. Hence wanted to check on the road conditions.

Google Maps seems to suggest the Ranebennur route. Anyone tried this route or destination recently? Hows the road conditions? Or any alternate suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by Archie81 : 2nd January 2019 at 12:29. Reason: error entering number of kids
Archie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 10:35   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Does anyone have input on this road work, has it commenced ?

Planning Bangalore - Gokarna on 15 Dec.
Hi mpksuhas - I noticed you posted your experience on another post (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...queries-4.html (Bangalore - Gokarna : Route Queries)), but that answers my question as well.

Going by your experience, I will stick to the Bangalore - Chitradurga - Ranebanneur - Haveri - Sirsi route to Murudeswar. Thanks!
Archie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 13:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

I completed a trip covering Kollur, Murudeshwara and Gokarna during last week of December. I started from Bangalore at 7:30am and reached Kollur at 4:15pm which included 2 short breaks for refreshments and 1 long break for lunch at Suruchi, Kadur. The route taken to Kollur was Bangalore-Yadiyur-Turuvekere-Kadur-Tarikere-Shimoga-Ayanur-Hosanagara-Ramachandrapura-Nittur-Kollur. The road conditions are pretty average around Shimoga and improve as we drive towards Ayanur. The last stretch from Nittur-Kollur is full of greenery and suited for a relaxed driving. Road work is in progress on this stretch, driving with caution is advised. I completed the darshan the same evening at Kollur. I stayed back in Kollur at Annapurna Guest House.

I started towards Murudeshwar next day early morning at 3:00am, it was a 70 minute drive and road conditions were good till Baindur. The NH66 road widening work is in progress from Baindur all the way till Gokarna with lot of diversions. I completed the darshan at Gokarna by 9:30 am and started towards Bangalore. I spent about an hour with my family members at Kasarakod beach, Honnavar and another hour at Jog Falls. I took the Gerusoppa-Talaguppa-Sagara-Shimogga-Kadur-Arasikere-Turuvekere-Yadiyur-Bangalore route for return journey. I reached home at 10:00pm with 2 breaks at Kadur and Yadiyur.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th January 2019 at 13:24.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote