Old 6th April 2016, 14:21   #91
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chennai-Guruvayoor-Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Beyond you have two options:

Ottapalam-Shornur-Wadakkanchery-Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur
This route is good from what I know but now that a lot of work has been completed on NH 47, it may be easier to go directly towards Trichur/Mannuthy via NH 47.
One more option is to go on NH47 till Alathur, then take Pazhayannur-Chelakkara-Wadakkancherry-Choondal-Guruvayoor

*Note:Either case, I don't think you need to go to Kunnamkulam, you will find the turn off at Choondal between Wadakkancherry and Kunnamkulam.

Last edited by NPV : 6th April 2016 at 14:35.
Old 6th April 2016, 14:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Hi
Has anyone recently done a chennai-guruvayoor-chennai trip? Am planning one on April 8th and would love to have recomendations ont he best route. I dont intend taking a break in journey. Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
While the other option is to drive through Trichur-Choondal-Guruvyur. I dont know which of the two is better these days. Earlier people took the Ottapalam route thanks to 4-lane construction. Dont know how the situation is these days. Check on the Kerala route thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This route is good from what I know but now that a lot of work has been completed on NH 47, it may be easier to go directly towards Trichur/Mannuthy via NH 47.
The NH47 is 4 laned upto vadakencheri now,palakkad-Vki is just 30mins now,so my suggestion would be to stick to the route via NH 47,the only bad section is between vadakencheri and mannuthy else it's all good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks