Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2018, 16:10   #136
BANNED

Re: New Delhi - Amritsar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Any tips to avoid getting stuck in Delhi traffic, we will start around 8 am, cant start earlier unfortunately.
To avoid the Delhi traffic, I will suggest you to take the route Gurgaon-Revari-Jhajjar by pass-Rohtak-Gohana-Panipat. I am sure it will help you greatly to tackle the Delhi NCR traffic.
Old 2nd September 2018, 16:15   #137
BANNED

Quote:
I am planning a trip in Mid October starting from Gurgaon-Amritsar-Kasauli-Gurgaon.
Day 1 would be Ggn-Amritsar ~ 480 KM- is the default Google recommended route the best one ? Any tips to avoid getting stuck in Delhi traffic, we will start around 8 am, cant start earlier unfortunately.
Day 2 would be Amritsar to Kasauli via Jalandhar-Phagwara-Nawanshahar- Rupnagar- Kurali-Barotiwala-Pinjore- Kalka-Dharampur ~ 280 km
How is the Kurali-Pinjore stretch ? rest is NH and should be fine I guess.
Why exactly are you going to amritsar? Because as per the schedule you wont get much time for sightseeing etc and the next day you are literally coming back the same way. Why not stop at Ludhiana or phagwara?
Old 2nd September 2018, 17:09   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
To avoid the Delhi traffic, I will suggest you to take the route Gurgaon-Revari-Jhajjar by pass-Rohtak-Gohana-Panipat. I am sure it will help you greatly to tackle the Delhi NCR traffic.
Thanks Nitin. Google maps shows a direct route from Gurgaon to Jhajjhar, I presume I dont need to go via Revari ? How are the roads on this section ?
Old 2nd September 2018, 17:10   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Nitin. Google maps shows a direct route from Gurgaon to Jhajjhar, I presume I dont need to go via Revari ? How are the roads on this section ?
This is known as Revari Bypass. I am talking about this route only. It is a toll road and is great to drive. I use it when I go to Jaipur. I avoid Gurgaon and use it to join to Jaipur highway.
Old 2nd September 2018, 17:13   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Why exactly are you going to amritsar? Because as per the schedule you wont get much time for sightseeing etc and the next day you are literally coming back the same way. Why not stop at Ludhiana or phagwara?
Amritsar is to visit the Golden Temple,JallianWalla Bagh and try the famous Kulche-Chole,Lassi and Tandoori Chicken. We are not interested in doing Wagah or other stuff. So I recon that evening of day 1 and morning half of day 2 shouldbe enough. We want to spend 2 days up in the hills at Kasauli, hence the current route plan.
The route is flexible, but unfortunately the total number of days are not, I would love ideas/suggestions to make it better.

Quote:
This is known as Revari Bypass. I am talking about this route only. It is a toll road and is great to drive. I use it when I go to Jaipur. I avoid Gurgaon and use it to join to Jaipur highway.
Thanks Nitin- this looks like a good option to avoid Delhi traffic. We are driving out on 19th oct, which is Dusshera, will Delhi traffic be lighter than usual being a holiday ? Would it still make sense to use the bypass ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2018 at 18:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:06   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Nitin- this looks like a good option to avoid Delhi traffic. We are driving out on 19th oct, which is Dusshera, will Delhi traffic be lighter than usual being a holiday ? Would it still make sense to use the bypass ?
I live in Dwarka and my hometown is near Jhajjar. So roughly you can assume that I am aware about both of the regions. I will suggest you to use the bypass route as it will be better.
The second option which you have is to come to Dwarka, and from Dwarka, you go to Paschim Vihar using the new flyover and exit Delhi. But I will still suggest you not to use it because even if it is a holiday, the traffic will be high amd you can not trust Delhi's traffic.
Old 2nd September 2018, 20:15   #142
BHPian

Quote:
I live in Dwarka and my hometown is near Jhajjar. So roughly you can assume that I am aware about both of the regions. I will suggest you to use the bypass route as it will be better.
The second option which you have is to come to Dwarka, and from Dwarka, you go to Paschim Vihar using the new flyover and exit Delhi. But I will still suggest you not to use it because even if it is a holiday, the traffic will be high amd you can not trust Delhi's traffic.
Great, we will use the bypass in both directions then.
Old 20th August 2019, 09:27   #143
BHPian

Left Gurgaon at 4 AM and reached Amritsar at 12:30 PM with about 1.5 hours of breaktime in total. Road is fine. Used the EPE which links up at Kundli and then took the ambala ludhiana jalandhar route. Bypassing Ludhiana took a bit, the road was not in great shape. Saw a single speed trap near Panipat on the entire 500 km route. I am aware of the one before Sonepat which starts at 8-9 am.

Had amazing food at Makhan, Kanha, Surjit, Punjab Province, Kulcha Land for the two days that I was there. Please do try Kulfi at A-One Kulfa. It's on the country inn road.

Last edited by promit : 20th August 2019 at 09:29.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:29   #144
BHPian

Recently completed the Gurgaon-Murthal-Ambala-Rajpura-Ludhiana-Moga-Firozpur route.

Completed the stretch in 10 hours with 2x1hour breaks. There are several diversions till Panipat due to under construction flyovers, however, the road condition is good. Used FasTag to breeze through all tolls.

The road from Moga-Firozpur too has several diversions due to under construction flyovers. But can be covered smoothly at 60-70 kph.

On the road till Ambala, the speed limit of 90kph is strictly enforced, so be mindful of that.

The whole route is safe and can be covered at night as well. There are several rest stops / fuel stations throughout except between Moga-Firozpur.
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:47   #145
BHPian

Which is the best route to take starting from Delhi International airport at 7.00 am to Amritsar? Should I go towards Eastern Peripheral Expressway or go via Pitampura and then to the Karnal-Chandigarh highway? Road condition is important since I will be taking my precious GT TSI for this trip!

I know it's earlier the better but I can't leave earlier since my relatives' flight is arriving at 6 am, and they are also coming along.

I believe Fastag is now compulsory and I am getting one for the trip but how much should I prepay for a return trip, especially since I don't travel out of Delhi very often?

Also, any idea how to get to the Kartarpur corridor from Amritsar, since I have a plan to go there also. I am only waiting to confirm whether my passport will have a Paki stamp(don't want it!) and any other problems going there but most probably I will.

I wonder whether cars can cross the border or if there is some other transport available to go to the other side. Since this is a new destination, there are very few details available about it on the web.
Old 4th December 2019, 00:11   #146
BHPian

Stick to google maps for exiting out of Delhi, if you are able to leave before 8 am, as the traffic builds up thereafter; eastern peripheral road is definitely NO being a longer route from south-west Delhi.

Be careful about Delhi traffic police speed traps between Terminal 3 and Aero city area (they are particularly harsh on Non DL registered cars) and then on outer ring road in Rohini/ Pitampura area up to Kondli border and finally in Haryana for speeds beyond 90 kmph.

Contact SGPC office at Amritsar/ Gurdaspur for details on Kartarpur visit.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 17:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
Which is the best route to take starting from Delhi International airport at 7.00 am to Amritsar? Should I go towards Eastern Peripheral Expressway or go via Pitampura and then to the Karnal-Chandigarh highway? Road condition is important since I will be taking my precious GT TSI for this trip!

I know it's earlier the better but I can't leave earlier since my relatives' flight is arriving at 6 am, and they are also coming along.

I believe Fastag is now compulsory and I am getting one for the trip but how much should I prepay for a return trip, especially since I don't travel out of Delhi very often?

Also, any idea how to get to the Kartarpur corridor from Amritsar, since I have a plan to go there also. I am only waiting to confirm whether my passport will have a Paki stamp(don't want it!) and any other problems going there but most probably I will.

I wonder whether cars can cross the border or if there is some other transport available to go to the other side. Since this is a new destination, there are very few details available about it on the web.
For Kartarpur corridor (Visit to Pakistan) You have to fill in your details online on there official site. You will get the conformation mail 4 days prior to your date. Take the print out of that confirmation which is required at the India Immigration office at Kartarpur.
Your Passport WILL NOT BE STAMPED.

Regards
Old 15th October 2020, 20:18   #148
BHPian

Hello folks!

Has anyone traveled to amritsar from gurgaon/delhi during recent times. Is it advisable to take kmp highway from gurgaon instead of going through delhi.
Any issues faced on Punjab border due to covid scenario
Old 15th October 2020, 23:35   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersariya87 View Post
Hello folks!

Has anyone traveled to amritsar from gurgaon/delhi during recent times. Is it advisable to take kmp highway from gurgaon instead of going through delhi.
Any issues faced on Punjab border due to covid scenario
KMP expressway would be a longer route! From Gurgaon, one needs to 5km further towards Jaipur from Manesar to get one to highway. There is no issue in restriction Punjab, Himachal, Uttarakhand now due to Covid.
Old 8th November 2021, 00:56   #150

Jalandhar to Delhi

Any recommendations on the best route for getting from Jalandhar to central Delhi (Barakhamba Road)? Asking this especially as it relates to road closures and barricades that are there at the usual entry points in to Delhi these days. Is NH44 all the way into Delhi even possible at this point? Or, does it make more sense to take either Eastern or Western Peripheral Expressway and then get into Delhi at some point? If yes, what (EPE or WPE?) and where to get into Delhi?

The plan is to leave at 5 am, driving a sedan, with a 4 month old baby boy and his grandparents in the car.

Many thanks in advance for any and all information on the latest status especially with regards to entering Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks