Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Driving directions - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Hi,

I am heading off to Corbett National Park this weekend. Could someone suggest which is the best route that I should be taking while going from New Delhi?

I understand that the route is Delhi- Hapur– Garhmukteshwar- Moradabad- Thakurdwara- Ramnagar-Kashipur.

Is there any other route or is this the best one?

Can anyone throw some light on how much time it would take to reach Corbett and what is the road condition at present? I am planning to leave C.R. Park by 5-6am in the morning on Friday and will travel on my Fiesta 1.6S.

Regards,

Sourav
Old 19th April 2011, 14:22   #2
SCH
BHPian

Re: Driving directions - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

This is the only and best route. It sould take you 6/7 hrs to reach Corbett. Depends whether you are staying inside the park in Govt. guesthouse ( add another half hr) or outside in Private Resorts.

Ganga Bridge at Garh Mukteshwar is a bottle necck, as road is bad from Chaupla to Brij ghat ( 12 km) . and many trucks have a tendency of breaking down on the bridge resulting in big jams.

Try to leave as early as possible. You can stop over at Gajraula for snacks etc. they even have a Mc donald there now.
SCH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 11:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
This is the only and best route. It sould take you 6/7 hrs to reach Corbett. Depends whether you are staying inside the park in Govt. guesthouse ( add another half hr) or outside in Private Resorts.

Ganga Bridge at Garh Mukteshwar is a bottle necck, as road is bad from Chaupla to Brij ghat ( 12 km) . and many trucks have a tendency of breaking down on the bridge resulting in big jams.

Try to leave as early as possible. You can stop over at Gajraula for snacks etc. they even have a Mc donald there now.
SCH - Thanks for the information you had given. Had left early morning on Friday and crossed the Brijghat section without any traffic. Did face a lot of traffic just before Hapur bypass since there was a huge accident. Also, the road condition on the state highway from Moradabad to Ramnagar is quite horrible. However the overall journey to Corbett was otherwise smooth.

While returning your prediction came true. We got stuck right after crossing that Ganga Bridge on Brijghat. There was a terrible traffic pile up since only two lanes were being used for up/down traffic. People travelling to Delhi used up the entire lane while the traffic coming from the other side used up the entire lane from the other side. As a result there was a head on traffic jam and no one could move. This lasted for almost 1 hr until police arrived. Even they took another 45 mins to clear the mess.

Finally reached home at 8:30pm after leaving corbett at 12 noon (with some breaks in between ofcourse).
souravdebiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:51   #4
BHPian

Did this route over the weekend - Delhi- Hapur– Garhmukteshwar- Moradabad- Thakurdwara-Kashipur - Ramnagar.

As Always the route from Moradabd to Kashipur is a mess. 60 Km took around 2 hrs.

Rest all is good. Takes 6-7Hr from delhi, depending upon the breaks one takes
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 17:49   #5
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience guys. Am leaving for corbett day after tomorrow. Will share my experience as well, once i am back.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience guys. Am leaving for corbett day after tomorrow. Will share my experience as well, once i am back.
Read on the another thread that you did this journey.

What about the road condition now?

I am planning to go by next week, how is the weather in Jim Corbett?

-
SS
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Read on the another thread that you did this journey.

What about the road condition now?

I am planning to go by next week, how is the weather in Jim Corbett?

-
SS
Hi Saurabh

Indeed I did this journey and came back two days back only. Will quickly summarise the road details for you :
New Delhi till Moradabad road is excellent. Beyond my expectations. It was really nice.
Moradabad till thakurdwar is okay but not great. There are quite a few broken patches on the road.
The horror begins from the thakurdwar till kashipur stretch. It is about 40-50 kms stretch but it is really bad. The roads are broken. Someone mentioned it as nightmarish on this thread earlier and that is the true definition for that. This is the only patch where your car will slow down.It took me about 1.5 hours to get through this stretch.
After Kashipur the roads are again better and stay the same way till Jim Corbett.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:38   #8
BHPian

The weather in Jim corbett is hot right now. I was not expecting it to be that hot but unfortunately it really is.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:49   #9
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning to go there in December, 8th to 11th.
We are only two people and if anyone else is planning to go around the same time, we can possibly use the same Safari jeep - each jeep can take 6 people, but all names need to be given upfront for the permit, therefore all guests need to be decided upfront.
Thanks
Ashish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks