Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2006, 15:29   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
The only thing you left out is the nitrous kit and turbo....
Yes ur right .. Pick up a baleno 2nd hand for around 3.5 L and blow it out by spending another 1.5 L .. And there u have a total souped up baleno for 5L .. Thats actually a brilliant idea .. If only wishes were horses !!!!
Old 24th January 2006, 16:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that would mean a 10L car (3K kms only) depreciating to around 6.5L in 1yr !! Why is there then the general perception/opinion that VTecs have fantastic resale value ?
Or is it, that you got an exceptional one-off deal ?
Or are you considering the older Baleno prices of around 7.5 to 8L ?
That is since old Baleno VXi comes out to be 8.5L OTR and when the NHC has come Vtec prices fell.

Quote:
Even for small gains in performance , it will make u poor by quite a huge margin
has to be more cubic capacity and less techno.

Also why arenot you consdering the Lancer. You can get one dead cheap and it will easily be obliged to take on a Turbo and a dose of NOS. Nothing beats a well modded Lancer I repeat NOTHING.
Old 24th January 2006, 16:11   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Also why arenot you consdering the Lancer. You can get one dead cheap and it will easily be obliged to take on a Turbo and a dose of NOS. Nothing beats a well modded Lancer I repeat NOTHING.
Yes that is a good idea .. But i was talking NA here not FI .. For NA mods baleno is the easier one to get the max performance results at a quite an affordable price ..
Old 24th January 2006, 16:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

The point here is that the 4G15 Lancer engine isn't a great deal. All Lancer mods, atleast the ultimate ones, include Mivec or Evo mill swaps.

When you look at modding a car, you are looking at maximum bang for your buck. The same amount of money totally will get you a faster Baleno, a faster Vtec, a faster OHC, and a faster Lancer, in that order. The Baleno has a mod culture on the web, and so does the OHC. It's a little tough to find the same for the India-spec Lancer.

Last edited by v1p3r : 24th January 2006 at 16:19.
Old 24th January 2006, 16:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

The most modded cars i have seen is a Lancer. Hardly seen any modded Balenos (maybe as in stock from the Baleno is quite a fast machine) the lancer is slow. I have seen a well modded Baleno which looked damn good, painted brake discs, car colour along with grille colour was green(light) and a lancer spoiler. Looked very good, better then Icemans (which looks extremely good) The point is the Lancer can be got damn cheap and with wheels upgrade and some tweaking under the hood looks like a hot machine with EVO background. superb Handling is one majoy plus of the Lancer. I have seen SFXis go for 3.5L and GLEs for 2.7L. At that price is difficult to beat the Lancer and it looks damn hot with the right wheels. IMHO the Indian Lancer is based on the EVO VI.
Old 24th January 2006, 16:46   #36
BANNED

If you modify a new Baleno, it will void your warranty.
Old 24th January 2006, 17:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
If you modify a new Baleno, it will void your warranty.
Tell me one company whose cars warranty wont??? Even if you change Alloys from outside other then dealer the warranty voids for a Skoda
Old 24th January 2006, 17:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The most modded cars i have seen is a Lancer. Hardly seen any modded Balenos (maybe as in stock from the Baleno is quite a fast machine) the lancer is slow. I have seen a well modded Baleno which looked damn good, painted brake discs, car colour along with grille colour was green(light) and a lancer spoiler.
You are talking about visual mods. We are actually talking about performance mods. Well I was atleast. And HOW ON EARTH did he paint his brake discs?!

Quote:
The point is the Lancer can be got damn cheap ...looks like a hot machine with EVO background.
It will only LOOK like that. It would still be shamed by a Vtec or a Baleno, or God forbid, a well driven stock Esteem.

Quote:
I have seen SFXis go for 3.5L and GLEs for 2.7L. At that price is difficult to beat the Lancer and it looks damn hot with the right wheels. IMHO the Indian Lancer is based on the EVO VI.
Can get you Balenos cheaper. Astra MPFI under a lakh. It's worth about 94 bhp and you can kit it out to over a hundred, with body kit, for under 2 lakhs. Does that mean it's a good buy?

Lancer IS a good-looking car with the right trim. But it will never step out of the shadow of its Evo/Mivec brethren.

The Indian Lancer has the same bodyshell as the Evo VI. The Lancer was sold as a normal sedan abroad, with special editions called Evos.
Old 24th January 2006, 18:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
You are talking about visual mods. We are actually talking about performance mods. Well I was atleast. And HOW ON EARTH did he paint his brake discs?!
Brake CALIPER........hope that clears it up,busa must hav forgotten to elaborate!!
Old 24th January 2006, 19:34   #40
BHPian

did consider a lancer as it is one of the most good looking cars and even if you go berserk on the mods it still looks good...buttt i am looking at performance and to make it into a performance machine does take some effort...

Also any idea anyone of how much would i get a used 2005 baleno for in bangalore???
lxi and vxi....
Old 24th January 2006, 19:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
The only thing you left out is the nitrous kit and turbo....
maybe turbo after some time but not NOS....
Old 24th January 2006, 21:48   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
maybe turbo after some time but not NOS....
2004 nov balenos are available for 5.6L for the VXI ..

Turbo eh ???? What u surely need is a baleno not a VTEC .. Unless ur a millionaire ..
Old 24th January 2006, 21:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
2004 nov balenos are available for 5.6L for the VXI ..

Turbo eh ???? What u surely need is a baleno not a VTEC .. Unless ur a millionaire ..
Got a quote from automart for a jan 2005 baleno lxi for 5.5l negotiable..

--can you explain the second statement...
Old 24th January 2006, 22:01   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
Got a quote from automart for a jan 2005 baleno lxi for 5.5l negotiable..

--can you explain the second statement...
Ok the quote that i was given was from RNS .. That baleno is their demo car and as run about 13k thats it .. Very well maintained .. Would have picked it myself had i the dough ..

Coming to my 2nd statement , what i meant is .. If u wanna go turbo a while later , the best car to try it on is a baleno .. On a VTEC it would cost a bomb and not too sure if its cost effective/worthwhile either ..

PS : if u find a 2nd hand baleno for under 3.5L ( not a issue on which model/year ) along ur hunt for urs .. Do let me know .. I need one within this week..
Old 24th January 2006, 22:25   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The most modded cars i have seen is a Lancer. Hardly seen any modded Balenos (maybe as in stock from the Baleno is quite a fast machine) the lancer is slow. I have seen a well modded Baleno which looked damn good, painted brake discs, car colour along with grille colour was green(light) and a lancer spoiler. Looked very good, better then Icemans (which looks extremely good) The point is the Lancer can be got damn cheap and with wheels upgrade and some tweaking under the hood looks like a hot machine with EVO background. superb Handling is one majoy plus of the Lancer. I have seen SFXis go for 3.5L and GLEs for 2.7L. At that price is difficult to beat the Lancer and it looks damn hot with the right wheels. IMHO the Indian Lancer is based on the EVO VI.
bro i agree with you that lancer is a hot looking car and can be fast if modded properly but modding it will cost a bomb like the mivec or evo engine.Another option would be going for a used ohc and transplanting the engine as manson said that would be more cheaper and the power would be good enough to satisfy for such price
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks