Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2006, 22:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

I think both baleno and vtec have their own pros and cons, everyone has given you a clear cut opinion of what they feel and have experienced with both cars...now its up to you to decide what you want more and what you can sacrifice more...for example, for me its the engine more than the ride quality but for someone like opur own Rudra sir its the other way around, you see where Im coming from??? There are both baleno and vtec lovers and they have bought the cars considering their personal interests and tastes...Also, decide upon what you wana do with your car for sure in the near and far future...that should clear your doubts

Also, I think you should consult a professional tuner who has turboed a vtec or baleno to receive factual and concrete info on how difficult and expensive the whole deal is, yesterday we didnt discuss about that, buz me...I will guide you to the right person

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th January 2006 at 22:48.
Old 24th January 2006, 22:41   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf

Also, I think you should consult a professional tuner who has turboed a vtec and baleno to receive factual and concrete info on how difficult and expensive the whole deal is, yesterday we didnt discuss about that, buz me...I will guide you to the right person
If u may could u kindly give us the details of this tuner , would love to visit him soon ..
Old 25th January 2006, 00:51   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

i would suggest a new baleno and this is the car even i am considering to buy its a better bet than a used vtec,baleno lxi is available for 5.20lakhs after discounts exshowroom in newdelhi.
Old 25th January 2006, 00:52   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
If u may could u kindly give us the details of this tuner , would love to visit him soon ..
i think he is referring to a article from overdrive january 2006 issue.
Old 25th January 2006, 00:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

You mean Leela.

Thanx binz for the clearance.

The Lancers engine is more capable then the Baleno IMHO. It has been detuned for India. One turbo and it will real beat the Vtec(Stock) crazy. There was one Turboed Lancer which Shan knows about and it was in Sion ( Stratos knows about it) which whipped a OHC Vtec with ease. PERIOD
Old 25th January 2006, 01:34   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
You mean Leela.

Thanx binz for the clearance.

The Lancers engine is more capable then the Baleno IMHO. It has been detuned for India. One turbo and it will real beat the Vtec(Stock) crazy. There was one Turboed Lancer which Shan knows about and it was in Sion ( Stratos knows about it) which whipped a OHC Vtec with ease. PERIOD
Hey stick to the thread bud. Vtec or baleno.....
Btw any car with turbo will definitely be faster than one without one.
Old 25th January 2006, 02:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Baleno has a mod culture on the web, and so does the OHC. It's a little tough to find the same for the India-spec Lancer.
Machan, Try finding a bolt-on turbo for a baleno. Suzuki's extreme performance mods are next to impossible to find.

Indian lancer has a 'bolt-on' engine swap (MIVEC). Baleno doesn't.

Bottomline: Suzuki still hasn't concentrated on performance parts for their cars compared to what Honda and Mitsubishi(Ralliart) have dedicated.

Last edited by nitrous : 25th January 2006 at 02:23.
Old 25th January 2006, 02:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Machan, Try finding a bolt-on turbo for a baleno. Suzuki's extreme performance mods are next to impossible to find.

Bottomline: Suzuki still hasn't concentrated on performance parts for their cars compared to what Honda and Mitsubishi(Ralliart) have dedicated.
I have heard

Ralliart for Mitsubishi

Nismo for Nissan

goodwrench from GM

I dont think Honda has any dedicated performance parts associate.
Old 25th January 2006, 03:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Honda = MUGEN!!!

What is a bolt-on turbo? You can buy an AWD system for the Baleno, and a 450bhp twin-turbo Suzuki engine. Not to forget the JWRC Swift 1600 that puts out 220bhp.

Sorry for crossposting, mods, but there's a point to prove :

From http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.p...=asc&highlight=
Actually, it is possible to get well over 200bhp from a twin cam normally aspirated, but you have to be really serious about it. (No, I'm not smoking funny stuff, after all my SOHC gets over 160bhp, and I know of at least one of the DOHC that was near 220bhp, n/a). It means race cams, serious porting, bigger valves, taller pistons (to increase CR), different manifolds (both sides), different injectors and programmable ECU or go to big carbs, etc., etc. It turns out that the limiting factor is the hydraulic lifters; over 10,500 rpm or so, they can't keep up.

BTW, he has an 8v SOHC. That's the old 65bhp Esteem to you and me. There are also guys with 3cyl turbos running 15 sec runs. And yes, that's the Maruti 800 engine!!!
Old 25th January 2006, 05:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Honda= Mugen and also Apex-i.
Old 25th January 2006, 11:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The Baleno does't need an engine swap!!!!!

And secondly there are enough 12 sec suzukis around. Most of them are TCed cars.
Old 25th January 2006, 12:27   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
I agree to that .. For that matter of fact even the VTEC doesnt need an engine swap , unless ur looking to dominate the indian car foreign engine category or the open open categ .. The real character of a tuner lies in tuning an indian car to do well , rather than doing the easy way around and thats by plonking a foreign ( more powerful engine in stock form only ) .. No offense meant ford rocam .. But im strictly talking from a tuners perspective ..

Its just a matter of time before we see fully blown VTECs vs BALENOS ..
Actually we might have moderately blown cars here with the bangy members itself in the near future .. Just wait and watch .. Either one of them will be silenced ..
Old 25th January 2006, 12:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And secondly there are enough 12 sec suzukis around. Most of them are TCed cars.
Show me!

Quote:
Why not,bro??
If a 87bhp lancer can be converted to 175 bhp with a swap, and a 90 bhp city can be converted to 170 bhp with a swap, what can convert a 94bhp baleno to 180bhp(atleast) with a swap?

Quote:
You can buy an AWD system for the Baleno, and a 450bhp twin-turbo Suzuki engine.
I'm talking "BOLT-ON"!!
Old 25th January 2006, 13:06   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Show me!

Why not,bro??
If a 87bhp lancer can be converted to 175 bhp with a swap, and a 90 bhp city can be converted to 170 bhp with a swap, what can convert a 94bhp baleno to 180bhp(atleast) with a swap?
Have u off lately seen the tuner scene in OZland .. There are TCed swifts there running in the low 12s .. Ya we are talking about foreign engines here doing 12s not the indian , coming to which im wondering which indian honda engines are doing 12s btw .. Look around the web and ul find out ...

Arey yes one can possibly find a swap for the baleno , no ones denying it .. But why is the question , if u can get this engine itself to post some good timings then WHY ??? Like i said in my earlier post its not worth it unless ur looking at creating the record for the fastest baleno or VTEC in india .. Thats when these engine swaps tend to come in .. Also just by sourcing and putting a bigger, better and more powerful engine in an otherwise not that fast a car , i dont see what you are trying to achieve other than showing ur willingness to spend a tad more than the others and ur ability to ship the same engine down and bolt it on .. Any mech can do that !!!!
Old 25th January 2006, 13:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

The twin turbo setup is a bolt-on, from what I know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks