Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2006, 13:33   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
The twin turbo setup is a bolt-on, from what I know.
U got any links to prove that to a few people here v1p3r ??? Can someone give me the money , bcoz im ready with the donor car .. Isnt that the only reason that we dont see these engine swaps here , one it requires MONEY .. Then u have to deal with the customs , not to forget the kharcha to locate one such engine too .. There are options available for a swap , but nothing great to just make a transplant and say u have a fast car .. Satisfation is when u sit and build an existing one to do some kick A## ..
Old 25th January 2006, 13:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I dont see what you are trying to achieve other than showing ur willingness to spend a tad more than the others and ur ability to ship the same engine down and bolt it on .. Any mech can do that !!!!
exactly. "Why" is the question.

a bit , but sometimes i feel mods go beyond human sensibilties. why people remove catalytic converter to get a better performance? what's the hurry on the road? that too in indian roads!!

and then think of the damage you are doing to the air you breathe. i guess our kids wil look like michael jackson at birth itself, if it continues.
Old 25th January 2006, 13:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Well bolt on's are defn an easier approach, however some of the best builds are made when one thinks out of the box. Suzi Sport and Teamswift supply all parts required for bolt on performance. However please realise at least on the drag circuit most of the winners are not factory teams but independent tuners who are out to make a point (before anyone says anything I am not a tuner and may not be qualified to make this statement)

The suzuki's have been out there proving themselves out for over a decade now as pocket rockets, yes they may not have factory support but they still are a force to recon with especially for the best bang for the buck, and they prove to be even better in India just for the same reason. TC'ing can be done for as low as 30 k if you do it in your own back yard (no gaurantees though) and it does not matter if it is honda or a suzuki.

But when you say engine swaps you automatically are out of the Indian car league hence comparisions are not right to Indian cars.

Now make a choice what you want to tune a VTEC or a Baleno and let this topic rest in peace for a while.
Old 25th January 2006, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

V1p3r,the 1.6 mivec and 1.6 dohc vtec has been proven practical on road.
Show me a practical example of that 1.3l 450 bhp setup and we can talk.
I've known about this suzuki 1.3L 450bhp engine from domnic almost 2 yrs back. No one's tried it yet since its not practically BOLT-ON!
Old 25th January 2006, 13:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Show me!
Why not,bro??
If a 87bhp lancer can be converted to 175 bhp with a swap, and a 90 bhp city can be converted to 170 bhp with a swap, what can convert a 94bhp baleno to 180bhp(atleast) with a swap?
I'm talking "BOLT-ON"!!
If the vtec in india does 11sec..... surely at the same venue u will see a 12sec suzuki.!!!!

I know engine swaps....is an easy way to get more power. Just because some guy in chennai did a swap don't expect the others to do the same.

O.T. I know abt these swaps....because i owned a mivec lancer red colour.(TN reg ) till abt 6 months back.....now the car is owned by a friend of mine.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 25th January 2006 at 13:48.
Old 25th January 2006, 13:42   #66
BANNED

Quote:
V1p3r,the 1.6 mivec and 1.6 dohc vtec has been proven practical on road.
Show me a practical example of that 1.3l 450 bhp setup and we can talk.
I've known about this suzuki 1.3L 450bhp engine from domnic almost 2 yrs back. No one's tried it yet since its not practically BOLT-ON!
Ya give me the money and im ready to take it on .. And FYI its not what u have quoted thats true , its that not many guys here are suzi fans (they prefer the mitsus and the hondas ) and most suzi fans like a few of us here dont have the money to get ourselves such a thing .. Until then u are free to talk , but the day someone gets one of these im ???
Well forget it !!! No point arguing ..
Old 25th January 2006, 14:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

adit1329 can we please :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Now make a choice what you want to tune a VTEC or a Baleno and let this topic rest in peace for a while.
Old 25th January 2006, 14:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

OFFTOPIC:
Quote:
If the vtec in india does 11sec..... surely at the same venue u will see a 12sec suzuki.!!!!
I'm yet to see an indian car(indian engine) doing even 13 sec timings in the past 3 years of me being in the drag scene, which most of u dont know.Show me the GO along with ur SHOW, and i'll shut up.
Old 25th January 2006, 14:22   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
adit1329 can we please :
Quote:
Now make a choice what you want to tune a VTEC or a Baleno and let this topic rest in peace for a while
U wish psycho , u wish !!!
No point in closing this thread bcoz the same question will come up again and again in a million others .. Unless our mods ban the use of the words baleno and vtec in one sentence ..
Old 25th January 2006, 14:26   #70
BANNED

Quote:
OFFTOPIC:

I'm yet to see an indian car(indian engine) doing even 13 sec timings in the past 3 years of me being in the drag scene, which most of u dont know.Show me the GO along with ur SHOW, and i'll shut up.
Well at the burnout we had 2 cars doing ET's of 13.xx .. Ya both were suzis and they were ZENS .. Beat that !!!! Lets not consider the TT bcoz each driver has his own RT's ..
Old 25th January 2006, 14:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
OFFTOPIC:

U ll see it very soon.......
Old 25th January 2006, 14:47   #72
BHPian

Whoa! Looks like this thread is turning into a Mistubishi Vz Honda Vz Suzuki debate.

Cool guys. This is one of the never ending debates. Put it to rest. Let the cars do the talking in the next drag.
Old 25th January 2006, 15:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
U ll see it very soon.......

this is becoming good fun...I've always held that Vtecs and iVtecs are overhyped, so I'd like to see the result. Having had a Civic iVtec and a Focus Duratec hatch for a while each, I'd say the latter was as good, if not better. Except that it was a Ford....the Honda engine was bulletproof.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th January 2006 at 15:04.
Old 25th January 2006, 16:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any mech can do that !!!!
Easier said then done its not like swapping your set of wheels for a bigger one dude.

Quote:
Well at the burnout we had 2 cars doing ET's of 13.xx .. Ya both were suzis and they were ZENS .. Beat that !!!! Lets not consider the TT bcoz each driver has his own RT's
Now was not that a engine swap??
Old 25th January 2006, 17:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they were engine swaps. 1.3 litre 16v G13B engines, which also come stock on the Esteem.

So here we prove that some Suzukis have bolt on fits.

The Baleno abroad also comes with a 1.8l bolt on, good for over 130 bhp in stock form. Also the original JDM Baleno GTX saloon came with a 2l turbo putting out over 220bhp in stock form, with AWD to boot.

Personally, I do not think of engine swaps as tuning.

ps. The total time was 15.5. Run time was 14.4...not 13.xx
Closed Thread

Most Viewed