Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2006, 17:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
OFFTOPIC:

I'm yet to see an indian car(indian engine) doing even 13 sec timings in the past 3 years of me being in the drag scene, which most of u dont know.Show me the GO along with ur SHOW, and i'll shut up.
Anna, maybe this is because everyone with money is concentrating on engine swaps rather than good tunes on Indian mills? If Canadian Suzuki Metro 3cyl turbos (M800) can run 15.xx, I see no reason why we can't. But there is too much hype over JDM and SE Asian engine swaps.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
concentrating on engine swaps rather than good tunes on Indian mills?
That is more reliable isint it.

Quote:
The Baleno abroad also comes with a 1.8l bolt on, good for over 130 bhp in stock form. Also the original JDM Baleno GTX saloon came with a 2l turbo putting out over 220bhp in stock form, with AWD to boot.
Thats it, Honda engines come with 1.6L DOHC IVtec with 170 Stock.

Quote:
Show me a practical example of that 1.3l 450 bhp setup and we can talk.
Exactly thats impossible. Mitsubishi extracts 400BHP from an EVO VIII/IX from a 2.0L engine. 450BHP from a 1.3L is difficult to fanthom. The Mazda RX has 250bhp from 1.3L.

Mclaren
Quote:
The total time was 15.5. Run time was 14.4...not 13.xx
Waiting to see 13.xx
Old 25th January 2006, 17:21   #78
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
ps. The total time was 15.5. Run time was 14.4...not 13.xx
Yes .. Thanks v1p3r for the correction .. It was 14.xx .. sorry for the typo ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa
Now was not that a engine swap??
yes they were , with what ??? They were the esteem engines !!!! And trust me the esteem produce nothing that great over the zen engines , a difference of 25 bhp .. But they have been tuned to god knows what .. The tune is the only reason those two cars are moving that fast .. And that is what we appreciate .. They are way more faster than any other e-zens ..

Talking of which , most of the honda swaps or the mitsu swaps are done with dead stock engines without having to tune them or are tuned abroad .. Where is the local tuners talent ??
Old 25th January 2006, 17:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talking of which , most of the honda swaps or the mitsu swaps are done with dead stock engines without having to tune them or are tuned abroad .. Where is the local tuners talent ??
I agree to that. Thats the reason Leelas Vtec is coming up. Secondly it will be a disaster on a FWD to put more then 200BHP. Stock Hondas and Mitsus without tuning can easily manage that. Buttttttttttttt an Esteem engine is damn good in stock form itself and with lesser weight there is more PTW and also depending on the way the driver lauches it gives it advantage over other E zens. Obviously Tuning matters too.

Stay Tuned.

Last edited by BUSA : 25th January 2006 at 17:29.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what you mean by reliable. Most imported engines are second hand, and their history is unknown. In some cases, they are not even opened up. You could have a cracked piston, or a tear in the cylinder wall, and not even know.

On the other hand, Indian engines are normally the known devil. Also, what happens if you over-NOS your Civic/Mivec and scrape your bore, melt your piston? Wait until you can import a new one. We just run down to the nearest Maruti guy and pick one up.

No one is disputing Honda is the king of petrol engines.

The 1.3 is a race engine. So power outputs are insane. If you know Wankels, you would realise a 1.3 rotary is not comparable to a 1.3 4st. BTW, the 250bhp is in NA form, if I'm not mistaken.

You guys can say anything about Civics and Mivecs. I'd like to see INDIAN engines fight it out.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Stock i mean it has less chance of blowing up and since your stock you wont be using NOS. Anyways about the history of the engine but if lucks with you then they are more reliable.

Quote:
You guys can say anything about Civics and Mivecs. I'd like to see INDIAN engines fight it out.
For that you will have to wait for the drag. Baleno vs Zen vs OHC VTEC(LK)

Hope the best tuner car wins.
Old 25th January 2006, 17:40   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I agree to that. Thats the reason Leelas Vtec is coming up. Secondly it will be a disaster on a FWD to put more then 200BHP. Stock Hondas and Mitsus without tuning can easily manage that. Buttttttttttttt an Esteem engine is damn good in stock form itself and with lesser weight there is more PTW and also depending on the way the driver lauches it gives it advantage over other E zens. Obviously Tuning matters too.

Stay Tuned.
Oh thanks , so finally do we agree on something ..

Yes if leela can get that 11s , well hats of to him.. Yes and i would really appreciate that than having evo-6's and mivecs ..

Also i think one needs to see the difference btwn the two super e-zens and the other e-zens running around here .. There is a lot of difference .. And these two zens are arnd 2-3 secs faster than its nearest competing e-zen .. All other e-zens look too stock in front of them .. Lets not talk about PTWR and all , there is already too much of crib about it on other threads ..
Old 25th January 2006, 17:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

I assume that if you put a 180 bhp engine in an Indian car, you are the NOS type. Also, I can't trust my luck if I'm spending over 1 lakh on an engine.

May the best car win!
Old 25th January 2006, 17:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Well all depends on the person who is tuning. I feel a properly modded Baleno can beat the competition but then a properly modded City or Lancer can give it a run and may be just to close and you just can say who is going to win. It all depends on how much you wanna spend on the car and depends on the tuner.

SHouldnot we continue or discussion in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-balenos.html rather then attack all the threads with the two biggest Sin cars on planet earth. ( Just kidding otherwise i will be prosecuted)

Lets give a new name to the E-Zen, The S-Zen *

* Swift-Zen
Old 26th January 2006, 06:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Well to be true there is nothin that really differentiates the three cars

OHC
baleno and
Lancer

OHC has high speed stability problems
Baleno has problem with the looks
lancer has an under-powered engine

now that's the biggest issue I can come up with for all the three cars and these problems are not really big enough to lose against the competition.

after this its all a matter of personal choice.
Old 26th January 2006, 21:30   #86
BHPian

It should be baleno

As a pride owner of Baleno( just bought it 2 weeks back), I would suggest you to go for Baleno. I would say Baleno is more comfortable drive ands cheaper in spares and servicing and mods. I would opt a Baleno when compared to OHC anyday.

Quote:
As a prior owner of an OHC as well as a Baleno, let me try and help you:

1. Performance: Both are brilliant. The Vtec is more of a straighliner, while in corners, I'd prefer the Baleno. The Vtec is clearly quicker by a second, both on the 1/4 mile, and in the 0-100 run, all else equal.

2. Driveability: Though torque levels are similar, the Baleno produces most of its torque from idle. I can shift gears at 1100 rpm, not something easy to do on the Vtec. But if you are focussed on high-rpm driving, it's the 'tec that will gladden your heart.

3. Interiors: Both suck. Period. The quality of Maruti is improving, atleast on the Balenos, and it never was too bad. OHC interiors are as boring as the Baleno.

4. Ground clearance: Baleno has a definite advantage. Vtec will scrape almost anything with minimal load, while Baleno has issues only with a full complement of passengers.

5. Suspension: Baleno wins outright. Very comfortable, even the seats rock. You can sit comfortably in it all day, and emerge fresh, almost like an Octavia. The OHC rattle and thud their way over any uneven surface, and you will cry at the sounds from the wheel-wells.

6. Spares and Resale: You want to turbo? Where will you get a second engine from, if you blow the first? Baleno wins again. Maruti service is better and way cheaper than Honda, due to competition. Engine and suspension parts are also cheaper, both officially and otherwise. So is performance modification for the Baleno. Also, a new Baleno will fetch you a decent price when sold. A 2nd or 3rd hand Vtec won't, since by then spares will start to be an issue.

Though the Vtec is a beautiful car, it would make more sense to pick a Baleno. I went through the same dilemma, and I chose the Baleno. Hope this helps...
Old 27th January 2006, 04:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy
As a pride owner of Baleno( just bought it 2 weeks back), I would suggest you to go for Baleno. I would say Baleno is more comfortable drive ands cheaper in spares and servicing and mods. I would opt a Baleno when compared to OHC anyday.

I say the same when it comes to my lancer. Hence the conclusion is

OHC
baleno and
Lancer

now that's the biggest issue I can come up with for all the three cars and these problems are not really big enough to lose against the competition.

Old 28th January 2006, 00:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I say the same when it comes to my lancer. Hence the conclusion is

OHC
baleno and
Lancer

I do not know why people complain about the looks of the Baleno???
I find it a very good looking car, if you compare the NHC/ Accent/ Fiesta/ Ikon, the Baleno is a very mature looking car..no offence to the other above mentioned car owners..but truly it is my opinion, if you do not agree that is fine with me...the NHC looks sorta wannabe (it screams that it is Accord wannabe) just like the new esteem it looks like a baleno wannabe with the front grille, the Aceent I feel does not have a road presence, the Fiesta I found that the seating compartment looks as if it was pulled upwards after an afterthought, but i did like the fiesta in black..but it does not have road prescence unlike the baleno..the Ikon is a very drab looking car..which spoilt the chances of Mondeo as most car buyers did not want to buy the mondeo as they said it looks like an ikon...

i just like the way the quarter panel merges into a boxy boot..yes the tail lamps do need redesigning but the car is not that bad to look at...

my 2 paise...

Last edited by adit1329 : 28th January 2006 at 00:15.
Old 28th January 2006, 23:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
I do not know why people complain about the looks of the Baleno???
I find it a very good looking car, if you compare the NHC/ Accent/ Fiesta/ Ikon, the Baleno is a very mature looking car
Agree with you. On the looks front, I would choose Baleno over Accent/NHC or Fiesta. Baleno looks great esp; the black one
Old 28th January 2006, 23:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

adit whats your decision. Its upto you now every one has said what they wanted to. Now its upto you which car you would want to opt for. So take a fast decision otherwise you know the Suzuki and Honda Boys they will start again.. LOL.. By the way the Baleno and City Vtec(Old) are like chalk and cheese..

P.S Thats what my nicks all about!

Let peace Prevail.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks