Old 29th January 2006, 15:04   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
adit whats your decision...
Can't you understand?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
I do not know why people complain about the looks of the Baleno???
I find it a very good looking car...
Old 30th January 2006, 12:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Looks are deceptive. Its performance what adit is looking for!
Old 30th January 2006, 13:04   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hhhhmm .. Yes busa is right , i think adit is looking for performance .. Not as stock but wants to go ahead and mod it too .. Baleno seems to be the logical choice , BUT i can see the honda boys trying to lure him into buying a VTEC ... Just kidding ..

PS : Busa , saw ur sig .. Like we said earlier VTEC is faster than a baleno in stock .. When modded the ratios tend to be different .. Also FYI some other member posted about the baleno being faster than the 1.5 EXI on a different thread.. So that should rest the claims ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th January 2006 at 13:06.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Busa , saw ur sig .. Like we said earlier VTEC is faster than a baleno in stock .. When modded the ratios tend to be different .. Also FYI some other member posted about the baleno being faster than the 1.5 EXI on a different thread.. So that should rest the claims ..
Anywayz i am a fine of both the cars and the fact is that modding a Honda requires more money and complications so a Baleno will be a better bet for adit. Since he will get better PTMR ( Power To Money Ratio) Now its upto him.

Quote:
VTEC killer on hold ..

Why so?

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2006 at 15:16.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:24   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Buddy can you give me the link to it.
Hhmm .. well just look around , i think it was posted by either buffetan or dipen ... Cant remember , more over just plain lazy to search for it . .

Quote:
Anywayz i am a fine of both the cars and the fact is that modding a Honda requires more money and complications so a Baleno will be a better bet for adit. Since he will get better PTMR ( Power To Money Ratio) Now its upto him.?

yes very true .. Thats the whole point of us trying to recommend a suzi , the affordability factor .. For those with unlimited budget , honda is the answer ..

Quote:
Why so?
Working on something .. Will let u know once the ideas fall into place ..

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2006 at 15:17.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:31   #96
BANNED

Found the link .. Here u go busa .. The 15th post by buffetan ..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...?highlight=1.5
Old 30th January 2006, 13:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Hhmm .. well just look around , i think it was posted by either buffetan or dipen ... Cant remember , more over just plain lazy to search for it . . ..
Thanx alot buddy

Quote:
yes very true .. Thats the whole point of us trying to recommend a suzi , the affordability factor .. For those with unlimited budget , honda is the answer .. ..
Yeah you are right, but then i can do two balenos in the cost of one Honda??

Quote:
Working on something .. Will let u know once the ideas fall into place ..
Hmm I smell a B - Zen??

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2006 at 15:18.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:41   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Hmm I smell a B - Zen??
Keep smelling and smell is all tht ul get in return ... Bad joke .. I better get my sense of humour right !!!!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2006 at 15:19.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep smelling and smell is all tht ul get in return ... Bad joke .. I better get my sense of humour right !!!!
I can already smell you tyres burning at my nose. HEHE. Please PM me what you are upto.
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:37   #100
BHPian

well, i finally have made up my mind, thanks to a lot of help from tbhpians and the car i have chosen is...

hold your breath...

the VTEC..

why???

ok here goes (you asked for it....)

1) looks - the vtec as in stock is a looker and with a few mods to the body and a good paint job, minus the spoiler looks absolutely killer...
the baleno cannot be modded on the looks front..

2) performance - a stock vtec is much faster than the baleno BS II, annnnd the new Baleno BS III is a shocking 91 bhp..and by virtue of power to weight ratio, I am totally disappointed

3) spares - that is one department, no one can touch the suzuki, but honda parts are much durable (my esteem was a pain in the wrong end)

4) resale value - the baleno has absolutely no resale value and if i want to go for a used car loan the baleno fetches a lesser amount of finance than the vtec.

the vtec still sells at a good market value...
2005 baleno vxi - 500,000 negotiable
2001 Vtec - 500,000 negotiable

5) performance mods - i have heard a lot of discussions that honda is expensive to mod? but as far as i know, if you want to mod a baleno, the parts have to be imported from Australia and for a honda from japan..

so japan would be a cheaper option to import...

6) handling - at high speeds the baleno is a good buy, but upgrade your tires to G3's or Michelin's on your honda and it is a different beast to tame.

7) interiors - i felt the honda has a much more better interior than the baleno

i am not going to go gung ho about the performance mods, so i thought the vtec would be a fun car to drive..

well, i am currently on the lookout for a good vtec..

I WILL BE PATIENT.......
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:02   #101
BANNED

1) looks - the vtec as in stock is a looker and with a few mods to the body and a good paint job, minus the spoiler looks absolutely killer...
the baleno cannot be modded on the looks front..
ANS : yes true however i have seen a few modded baleno in bangy .. Look quite good actually .. However if one see the orange VTEC u will fall in love with it ..

2) performance - a stock vtec is much faster than the baleno BS II, annnnd the new Baleno BS III is a shocking 91 bhp..and by virtue of power to weight ratio, I am totally disappointed
ANS : Bang on .. Agree with u on that point ..

3) spares - that is one department, no one can touch the suzuki, but honda parts are much durable (my esteem was a pain in the wrong end)
ANS : U had a bad experience with the esteem , can happen with a honda too (however wishing that it doesnt ) .. So one cannot generalize like this ..

4) resale value - the baleno has absolutely no resale value and if i want to go for a used car loan the baleno fetches a lesser amount of finance than the vtec.
the vtec still sells at a good market value...
2005 baleno vxi - 500,000 negotiable
2001 Vtec - 500,000 negotiable
ANS : Yes ur right on that too .. However looking at the long run its better to buy a vehicle that is relatively new rather than buying quite an aged vehicle for the same price as wear and tear and hence maintainance could be high ..

5) performance mods - i have heard a lot of discussions that honda is expensive to mod? but as far as i know, if you want to mod a baleno, the parts have to be imported from Australia and for a honda from japan..
so japan would be a cheaper option to import...
ANS : Depends on the extent of mods u want to carry out on the baleno .. Atleast until stage 2 , almost all parts are readily available locally .. To get the same amount of gains on a baleno and a VTEC it will work out way costlier on the VTEC ..

6) handling - at high speeds the baleno is a good buy, but upgrade your tires to G3's or Michelin's on your honda and it is a different beast to tame.
ANS : Not until u work on the rear suspension on the VTEC .. If thats done , yes its fabulous at high speeds .. Yes the tyre upgrade certainly will help to an extent ..

7) interiors - i felt the honda has a much more better interior than the baleno
ANS : Subjective , so no comments ..

i am not going to go gung ho about the performance mods, so i thought the vtec would be a fun car to drive..
ANS : Then VTEC is the car for u .. If one is not going all out on performance VTEC should satisfy ur needs without leaving u gasping for more .. Standard mods like FF, headers , headjob should make it more enjoyable than stock at a moderate cost ..

well, i am currently on the lookout for a good vtec..
I WILL BE PATIENT.......

Good luck hunting , coming to think of it if u dont mind outstation vehicles then i think hyderabad is the best place to start ur search at .. Anyways excellent choice and wish that u get the car ASAP ..

PS : Once ur done just make sure u get the car along to the meets and give me a ride too

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2006 at 21:08.
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, i finally have made up my mind, thanks to a lot of help from tbhpians and the car i have chosen is...

hold your breath...

the VTEC..
Why da...... isn't this the same car you beat with your M800? Hahaha

Quote:
I swear!! Get 195/60 R14. They're the right size.

Quote:
Not until u work on the rear suspension on the VTEC .. If thats done , yes its fabulous at high speeds .. Yes the tyre upgrade certainly will help to an extent ..
I dunno dude. I've taken turns at 150-170kmph and still feel the suspension holds well. I've had no issues with stability at high speeds.

What exactly did you feel when you did your high speed runs on the Vtec?

Shan2nu
Old 2nd February 2006, 21:59   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
What exactly did you feel when you did your high speed runs on the Vtec?
Bottom dips...my one and only try in Ajmat's car. Not a perception but reality. Speed was around 140 at speedo.

VTEC owners...please throw light.
Old 2nd February 2006, 22:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Bottom dips...my one and only try in Ajmat's car. Not a perception but reality. Speed was around 140 at speedo.

VTEC owners...please throw light.
i want to change the suspensions to koni's
Old 2nd February 2006, 22:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't happen on my car though. I do 140+ pretty often. Maybe one off you guys should come over and try out my car on the roads i drive on.

I'm pretty sure you'l agree with me.

Wolf's car used to be unstable at high speeds but, that was bcoz his rear suspension had gone bust (which he replaced after the Krishnagiri drive).

Will have to drive his car on those very roads, to see if that suspension change has helped.

Shan2nu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks