Team-BHP - VTEC or a Baleno?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   VTEC or a Baleno? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/10004-vtec-baleno-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Brother, if you get a normal cam, why on earth would you want to buy a Vtec. That engine is worthless without the Vtec system. The whole magic of the engine is in the cam. The Vtec basically has a variable cam system, which changes the cam profile. Any other non-Vtec cam would just render it impotent.

not for me a friend wanted for his city and hence i wanted anapprox costing

it has been 4 long months that i have been hunting up a VTEC......the car is so hard to come by...:Frustrati

i must have seen something like 8 cars in the 4 months and all of them suck...all have been badly used and all expect high prices for them....

i came across one dark blue vtec reg number 9001, 2003 make and it was in good shape....

all the dealers i visited promptly called me and showed me the same car..:Shockked:

around 8 dealers in bangalore showed the same car to me, i felt something must be fishy...

wolf, through his contact at honda service center found that a tree fell on the car and the whole shell had been changed and the driver had been killed ....

well as the saying goes it pays to be patient..

Quote:

Originally Posted by adit1329
it has been 4 long months that i have been hunting up a VTEC......the car is so hard to come by...:Frustrati

i must have seen something like 8 cars in the 4 months and all of them suck...all have been badly used and all expect high prices for them....

i came across one dark blue vtec reg number 9001, 2003 make and it was in good shape....

all the dealers i visited promptly called me and showed me the same car..:Shockked:

around 8 dealers in bangalore showed the same car to me, i felt something must be fishy...

wolf, through his contact at honda service center found that a tree fell on the car and the whole shell had been changed and the driver had been killed ....

well as the saying goes it pays to be patient..

Reminds the days before I bought my Swift.

I was desperate for a HONDA City. Dealers will call me and say the regn number before they talk further to get an answer from me, whether I had seen the car or not. 80% of the times, I say 'yes, I know the car'

I was in the hunt unsucessfully for almost 1-1.5 yrs. BAD DAYS that needs to be forget, but I have learnt a lot with that experience. Not only on used cars, but also about persons

Why not try the honda dealer himself. the guys maybe able to direct you to a well maintained example.

. its tough to get a well maintained performance car in good condition.

BTW You can get a new palio at the same price that performs equally well.

Try for a newer car with high mileage. that may help.

just my two cents.

nope, no palio for me.....

fiat ASS sucks and also the spares are expensive...

it is performance i am looking for and a VTEC is my goal :)

i have fallen in love with the car......

Quote:

You are just another Vtec fanatic I can say!!!

Quote:

nope, no palio for me.....

fiat ASS sucks and also the spares are expensive...

you are a vtec fan which I respect but

Fiat ASS doesnt suck as much as people say. I am personally a victim but still its not that bad. And no the spares are not expensive.

as I said try to ask the Honda dealer itself. they maybe able to help.:)

Now chaps, stick to the original topic and keep Fiat out of this thread. After a long debate, adit1329 has decided on a Honda City 1.5 VTec. If you can help him get a good deal, post your replies. Irrelevant replies are not welcome.

Adit i suggest u pay a visit to my house once .. There is a spanking dark blue VTEC registration ending with 555 parked two lanes across mine .. Very well maintained and driven mostly by a lady .. Trust me u will fall in love with this car on 1st sight .. Its probably the best maintained VTEC in bangy ..

Well its upto u to go upto her and ask her if she is willing to sell the car , it might work for all u know .. This was the way iceman ended up selling his beauty u know ?? So who knows , u could get really lucky ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Adit i suggest u pay a visit to my house once .. There is a spanking dark blue VTEC registration ending with 555 parked two lanes across mine .. Very well maintained and driven mostly by a lady .. Trust me u will fall in love with this car on 1st sight .. Its probably the best maintained VTEC in bangy ..

Well its upto u to go upto her and ask her if she is willing to sell the car , it might work for all u know .. This was the way iceman ended up selling his beauty u know ?? So who knows , u could get really lucky ..

;) keep watching this space for a surprise.....

Quote:

well we are waiting for the surprise and i hope it comes soon.. anyways was just visiting the dealers for a used car around 15 days back and saw some good vtecs..
national Motors near garuda mall has 2 Vtecs for sale priced around 4.5L to 5L
and Classic Motors near the RT nagar Underbridge has a vtec for 5L..
check it out.. they were good.I suggest you test drive them too..

tough luck finding a vtec in good condition.

try finding one with low mileage.

Quote:

I see that he has/or nearly finalised a deal .. Good luck bro , see u soon at the weekend meets ..

Quote:

tough luck finding a vtec in good condition
U just wait n watch pal. Nothing is impossible if you give it some time.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
U just wait n watch pal. Nothing is impossible if you give it some time.

Shan2nu

Agreed!! There is a certain school of thought that believes that if u give a monkey a typewriter, eventually almost surely it will type out all the works of Shakespeare!!

On a somewhat related topic, how much does a 1.3 OHC resell for?

Cheers
Amitoj