Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2006, 00:05   #16
BHPian

Why not consider the Hyundai Elantra.

I just read( could be old news to you all) an article in business line I think of 5th Feb where they mention that this car company will have a model released on the 6th FEB which will be called the Elantra GTI version which will be available for 6.85 lakh. Now at that price I could not suggest any other car which comes even remotely close in value for money aspect including when you consider my favourite the Palio GTX or Petra. For 6.85 ex showroom the VFM is just stupendous don't you think. Wear your seatbelts always when driving.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 6th February 2006 at 00:06.
Old 11th February 2006, 10:16   #17
BHPian

Yes hyundai people did launch a gti version of the elantra for 6.91L ex showroom but when i called talwar hyundai on the same day for specifications they said they were not aware of any such model....
I think you should go check it out .If they have the same features of the gls like ABS AIRBAGS TCS etc.. it will be great VFM
Old 11th February 2006, 17:03   #18
Exo
BHPian

For what it's worth, you might want to consider moding a used car, resale value will ofcourse be much less, but considering how much less you pay up front the difference between buy/sell costs will be very similer, and you can get a nicer ride.

I'd recomened baleno with 4age engine and complimenting gearbox.
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:19   #19
BHPian

Finally Baleno VXi vs NHC or Fiesta 1.6(Zxi) ABS

I finally decided to to go for either Baleno VXi or NHC(Exi/Gxi). I'll be buying or booking by this weekend and need help in finalising the winner.
I'll be using mostly in city and once in a month or two on highways

My preferences are :
  • Ride Quality & handling
  • Ease of use & FE
  • Resale value
If I go for NHC(Exi), I'll be spending about a lakh more than the Baleno VXi(after discount). Is it worth going for NHC.

Also another option is to go for Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zxi with ABS if opting for ABS, as it is not there in Baleno and NHC. Is it good enough to consider
ABS..??

Pl. throw your thoughts in this regard as I'll be buying or booking by this weekend
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra
Is it worth going for NHC.
man, u will get truck loads of divided opinions on that over here

but consider this - the indian market thinks so, and buys more NHC's than the baleno ... the enthusiasts over here tend to think otherwise ...

Quote:
Also another option is to go for Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zxi with ABS if opting for ABS, as it is not there in Baleno and NHC. Is it good enough to consider
ABS..??
yes, the fiesta is good to consider, but since high speed safety is not of of your top concerns - why go for ABS ...

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 2nd March 2006 at 18:33.
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally decided to to go for either Baleno VXi or NHC(Exi/Gxi). I'll be buying or booking by this weekend and need help in finalising the winner.
I'll be using mostly in city and once in a month or two on highways

My preferences are :
  • Ride Quality & handling
  • Ease of use & FE
  • Resale value
If I go for NHC(Exi), I'll be spending about a lakh more than the Baleno VXi(after discount). Is it worth going for NHC.

ABS..??

Pl. throw your thoughts in this regard as I'll be buying or booking by this weekend

resale value of the baleno will be lower than the NHC but then you are paying 1 lakh more right now.

Ease of use give baleno the edge over NHC. So does Ride and handling.

FE remains the same.

go for the baleno.
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Ease of use give baleno the edge over NHC. So does Ride and handling.

FE remains the same.
Nope.

Inside the city, the NHC iDSI is the most easiest sedan to drive, with its small turning radius, light steering and good low-end torque - but is beaten on ride and handling on the highways by the baleno.

And FE is also a little better.
Old 4th March 2006, 21:58   #23
BHPian

hey goldie_malhotra i think both nhc & baleno have same turning radius .
Also about lowend torque baleno beat the nhc.But the citys steering is a boon for city use as you mentioned.I have test driven both & i think nhc is a better bet considering low investment.
So threadstarter go & test drive yourself nhc & baleno.Im sure u too will feel like me.
Old 5th March 2006, 00:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
NO if you objectively analyze what you get. Yes if you are are bothered about what common public think about your car. I mean that one lack extra is purely for the Honda brand.
As far as I understand Hyderabad has good roads. Else NHC(not sure on the ZX version) scrapes most of the humps unless you are careful.
Old 5th March 2006, 07:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Nope.

Inside the city, the NHC iDSI is the most easiest sedan to drive, with its small turning radius, light steering and good low-end torque - but is beaten on ride and handling on the highways by the baleno.

And FE is also a little better.

nope, NHC is not special in when compared to other cars in the segment namely the baleno and lancer. when you say good low end torque, you need to see tha charts to compare which is the best. lancer has the flattest toqrue followed by baleno and NHC. baleno has better performance followed by lancer and then NHC. NHC is the newest car with best interior. Lancer has old interior than baleno but is a newer car. This is the best comaprision I can do of the whole segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
NO if you objectively analyze what you get. Yes if you are are bothered about what common public think about your car. I mean that one lack extra is purely for the Honda brand.
As far as I understand Hyderabad has good roads. Else NHC(not sure on the ZX version) scrapes most of the humps unless you are careful.
also consider the auto a/c that you get, better comfort and performance.
Old 5th March 2006, 12:40   #26
BHPian

NHC & Fiesta 1.6..

Thanks for all the inputs and feedback so far....

Finally I decided to omit Baleno as it is an old car compared to City and Fiesta. Now the battle is between city and Fiesta..

Guys, pl. help me in finalising between a NHC and Fiesta 1.6

I want an allrounder with : Good FE , Performance, Easy In and Out, Ride & Handling, ASS, Decent interiors, etc... and all factors that can be covered.

I'll be booking the vehicle on Monday(6-Mar-2006) as there is more wait period for NHC than Fiesta 1.6

Senoirs, pl. help me.........

Last edited by vvrchandra : 5th March 2006 at 12:42.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the inputs and feedback so far....

Finally I decided to omit Baleno as it is an old car compared to City and Fiesta. Now the battle is between city and Fiesta..

Guys, pl. help me in finalising between a NHC and Fiesta 1.6

I want an allrounder with : Good FE , Performance, Easy In and Out, Ride & Handling, ASS, Decent interiors, etc... and all factors that can be covered.

I'll be booking the vehicle on Monday(6-Mar-2006) as there is more wait period for NHC than Fiesta 1.6

Senoirs, pl. help me.........

nice step you have taken .Well worth. why buy an old car when newere ones are in the market.

NHC is more expensive but you get Japanese reliability that is absent on fiesta by a margin. Engine is also much better. but ride is a bit bumpy and you may need more horses under the hood.

Ford is a bit cheaper. good at everything and comparable to the NHC. playing the price card has helped ford gain sales.

performance of both the cars is pretty good. my personal recommendation would be the ford fiesta sa it is cheaper and more powerful with simialr FE levels.
Old 7th March 2006, 22:31   #28
BHPian

Elantra GT

Guys,

Pl. throw some light on the new Elantra petrol variant GT, whose
ex-showroom in Hyderabad is Rs. 689,174 and on road will be around Rs 7.8 to 7.9 lakhs, being close to NHC Exi price(booked but has a waiting period).

Pl. let me know if Elantra can be considered.....
Old 8th March 2006, 05:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Pl. throw some light on the new Elantra petrol variant GT, whose
ex-showroom in Hyderabad is Rs. 689,174 and on road will be around Rs 7.8 to 7.9 lakhs, being close to NHC Exi price(booked but has a waiting period).

Pl. let me know if Elantra can be considered.....

Elantra is a segment bigger than the NHC. Also loaded with much more features than you can imagine.

Makes an excellent buy if you can digest the looks.

Dont expect it to perform similar to C+ segment cars like skoda,cedia,optra and others.
Old 8th March 2006, 14:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Also loaded with much more features than you can imagine.
Thats what i thought as well - but the Hyundai site says Elantra GT has no airbags, ABS/TCS - and a lot less number of features.

If you consider that the NHC Gxi should make a better deal.

Most Viewed