Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

@Jakku This is a little Off topic but can i get the name,location,number of that workshop please ? Planning on getting aqua qdjet and would like to have some backup in ***. Their repuation going by complaints on this forum and else where makes me worry...especially as I was used to driving a cr-v(in US) before this...But I have owned cranky 10 year old car before that so I was no stranger to workshops.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:22   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Aren't their better Cars than Verito and Manza in that price band?

Fiesta Classic is what springs to mind. SX4 Vdi is a good option too along with Linea.
There is no other sedan in the price band of Verito & Manza.

Fiesta, SX4 & Linea are way too expensive.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:01   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
@Jakku This is a little Off topic but can i get the name,location,number of that workshop please ? Planning on getting aqua qdjet and would like to have some backup in ***. Their repuation going by complaints on this forum and else where makes me worry...especially as I was used to driving a cr-v(in US) before this...But I have owned cranky 10 year old car before that so I was no stranger to workshops.
I bought the car from R.F Motors Trichur, Kerala. But this specific instance was with Hyson Motors Trichur.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
@Poitive. Nope, I did not do that. That was back in 2008 and in between my marriage time (just took the vehicle back from service the day before my marriage). This issue got dissolved in between the "hulla-bulla" of marriage and moreover I found out a good workshop (not authorised, but run by a Ex-Service Manager of Tata A.S.S) and got the issue resolved.
Totally understandable mate Marriage should have been the focus, as it was. How has your experience with service been? Both TASS and outside.

A brief writeup on TATA service may help some in making up their mind, though after Carfreak77's experience, many would feel discouraged from buying a Tata.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:32   #95
BHPian

I think you should go for Verito. Both are not head turners but Verito looks proportionate atleast.

Mahindra engine parts/service should cost less than QJet.

I have seen 2 really good looking Logan's in Kochi lately. All it takes is good alloys/wider tyres/slightly smoked taillights+headlights/good tints to make a Verito look better.

Black looks better than the regular wine red colour which is seen more.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:35   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Totally understandable mate Marriage should have been the focus, as it was. How has your experience with service been? Both TASS and outside.

A brief writeup on TATA service may help some in making up their mind, though after Carfreak77's experience, many would feel discouraged from buying a Tata.
This issue happened in Trichur (Kerala) and what I understand is, now they have improved, but I don't have any personal experience to support that claim (as I have never gone to them again). Now I am always going to this outside workshop where my experience is fantastic. He may not be having the most modern equipments to perform the job, but he is fairly equipped and most importantly has the right people to get the job done. Majority of the service engineers he has with him are from different Tata dealers so they are actually trained by Tata. I have seen a lot of new Tata Indigos & Indicas coming to this workshop for regular service after their warranty period & free services.

My experience with TASS was worse in this specific case and not so good in previous experiences (but have a good experience as well). This could be attributed to the fact that Tata was not having a full fledged dealer/ service center at Trichur. This district was served by Koyenco whose dealership was for Calicut and RF Motors which was based at Cochin. So both these dealers had a sub-dealership at Trichur and had a sub-standard service center at Trichur. So my experience was bad at Trichur and when I took the car to Cochin (RF Motors) for service (3rd service), the experience was better. In 2008, Tata awarded full fledged dealership to Hyson Motors at Trichur and both the others withdrew their sub-dealerships from the district. Hyson also have a full fledged service center and I had this bad experience from them.

So in my opinion, my experience could be attributed to the issue with this specific dealership and should not be used as a benchmark for evaluating the quality of TASS. However, when we come across more and more similar issues from different dealers in different states with TASS, customer's confidence in their capability to service the vehicles they sell will erode. At the same time, Carfreak's experience displays the attitude & the quality of PDI they do on their cars before delivery more than service capability. In my opinion, this attitude & PDI issue should be given more weightage when compared to TASS.
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So in my opinion, my experience could be attributed to the issue with this specific dealership and should not be used as a benchmark for evaluating the quality of TASS. However, when we come across more and more similar issues from different dealers in different states with TASS, customer's confidence in their capability to service the vehicles they sell will erode. At the same time, Carfreak's experience displays the attitude & the quality of PDI they do on their cars before delivery more than service capability.
Thanks for inputs and the balanced view you presented.

@Raj, sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread. Now since you are considering a petrol and also a Ford, do make sure you wait for the new Fiesta as there is news on the New Ford thread (was a 6 month old target which Ford had) that the petrol could be at 7L ex-showroom Delhi. That should be delicious for you.

Wonder how it would affect Fiesta Classic.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for inputs and the balanced view you presented.

@Raj, sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread. Now since you are considering a petrol and also a Ford, do make sure you wait for the new Fiesta as there is news on the New Ford thread (was a 6 month old target which Ford had) that the petrol could be at 7L ex-showroom Delhi. That should be delicious for you.

Wonder how it would affect Fiesta Classic.
I've been waiting for the Classic SXI petrol to be out but I guess Ford is going very slow on it. I surely can't afford the ANHC. I'm inclined to go in for the Etios VX model at Rs.7.60 lacs OTR Delhi. ( insurance is free this month on VX)
Old 21st July 2011, 08:04   #99
BHPian

Have been meaning to post this for some times now but just did not get around.

Tata's have some unsold stock of Manzas of 2010 manufacture and have offered 45K (regular) + 45K (2010) = 90K discount on them.

Saw a pamphlet with my daily morning newspaper a week or more back.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:10   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Tata's have some unsold stock of Manzas of 2010 manufacture and have offered 45K (regular) + 45K (2010) = 90K discount on them.

Oh that should actually make it more VFM. So what is the final OTR price after all these hefty discounts? Also, is it for a specific trim or across the trims (whichever they have in stock) ? I will also check in Bangalore if a similar discount is going on. This should make a good VFM buy. BTW, do anyone know of any specific issues with 2010 models? A friend of mine is planning for a diesel car, now considering Vista & Beat, but always wanted a sedan (for that "big car" feeling). So if this kind of a discount is available, Manza also can get into the consideration list.

Last edited by Jakku : 21st July 2011 at 12:14. Reason: corrected the spelling mistake (from "not" to "now")
Old 21st July 2011, 12:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh that should actually make it more VFM.
I am not at all sure. Cars which have been lying around in the stockyard for as long are prone to more issues/niggles. Tata anyway doesn't have the best reputation as far as the niggles go. I usually try to stay away from cars produced over 2-3 months back. Opinions may vary, of course.

Also bear in mind that the resale of the car too will be affected, if you buy and older model.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 16:09   #102
BHPian

Quote:
So what is the final OTR price after all these hefty discounts? Also, is it for a specific trim or across the trims (whichever they have in stock) ?
No idea to your above queries as all I know is what I read in a pamphlet with a newspaper.

Sorry, I cannot add to the information any further.

Except that the pamphlet was from Concorde Motors, Hyderabad and did not carry other dealers' details thus giving me an impression that the offer is from a specific dealer only and logically should be for only unsold stocks which means specific trims and variants and colours.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:01   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I've been waiting for the Classic SXI petrol to be out but I guess Ford is going very slow on it. I surely can't afford the ANHC. I'm inclined to go in for the Etios VX model at Rs.7.60 lacs OTR Delhi. ( insurance is free this month on VX)
Hey raj_srini, have you finalized your car yet? In case you have not, I understand that one can now get the base E model of ANHC for ~8.0 lac OTR in Delhi. So if you can stretch the budget just a wee bit, you might not want to rule it out completely, unless, of course, you do not want to settle for the base model. Also, if you haven't ruled out Jazz, it's quite attractive at current prices.

In any case, if you do opt for Etios, it certainly is a great practical value proposition.

Wishing you happy decision-making.
Old 24th July 2011, 10:46   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Quote:
Oh that should actually make it more VFM. So what is the final OTR price after all these hefty discounts? Also, is it for a specific trim or across the trims (whichever they have in stock) ? I will also check in Bangalore if a similar discount is going on. This should make a good VFM buy. BTW, do anyone know of any specific issues with 2010 models? A friend of mine is planning for a diesel car, now considering Vista & Beat, but always wanted a sedan (for that "big car" feeling). So if this kind of a discount is available, Manza also can get into the consideration list.
I made up my mind not to go in for a Manza. Got too shaken with the niggles reported by my colleagues and other experiences here on tbhp.
Quote:
I am not at all sure. Cars which have been lying around in the stockyard for as long are prone to more issues/niggles. Tata anyway doesn't have the best reputation as far as the niggles go. I usually try to stay away from cars produced over 2-3 months back. Opinions may vary, of course.

Also bear in mind that the resale of the car too will be affected, if you buy and older model.
+1 to that. I would'nt touch cars more than 3-4 months old based on VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Hey raj_srini, have you finalized your car yet? In case you have not, I understand that one can now get the base E model of ANHC for ~8.0 lac OTR in Delhi. So if you can stretch the budget just a wee bit, you might not want to rule it out completely, unless, of course, you do not want to settle for the base model. Also, if you haven't ruled out Jazz, it's quite attractive at current prices.

In any case, if you do opt for Etios, it certainly is a great practical value proposition.

Wishing you happy decision-making.
All, I paid an advance of Rs.50K to Galaxy Toyota this week for the VX variant of Etios. Delivery in 3 weeks. Will keep all of you posted. Thanks to all for your views on my thread. Much appreciated.

Special thanks to Poitive for his provoking thoughts.

I'll post my selection rationale when I start an ownership thread ( have been wanting to do it ever since I learnt so much from other threads)
Old 24th July 2011, 14:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I made up my mind not to go in for a Manza. Got too shaken with the niggles reported by my colleagues and other experiences here on tbhp.
+1 to you for being honest.
I felt the same and opted to go for the Linea(as I wanted a diesel sedan).

Most Viewed