Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 19:06   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna vs Corolla Altis

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Lucky you man. I have had no such luck. Desperately waiting for the launch date and specially the TBHP review. Did it appear bigger then the current Jetta? And the front? How much did it remind you of the Vento?
Please head over here to see some pics of the new Jetta, just spotted it today near Lonavala. The front did have the new family look of VW. pretty close to the Passat. But the side and front reminded me of the A4
and hence i have named it the mini A4
~Link~
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2452088
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:40   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys finally after months of contemplation and moving from one car to another, 1 segment to another, We finally took the decision today and booked a Altis diesel, pearl white colour. OTR price is 15.4L and I think I will be able to save around 15k on the insurance. Delivery will be taken this month end to beat the 2% price hike by Toyota.

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. They really halped me in taking the decision.

Regards,
Mohit
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:21   #123
Senior - BHPian

^
Except for the slight turbo lag in this car below 1500rpm, which was somehow felt by me after driving the 3.0L Falcon which you may or may not feel depending on the car you are graduating from, its a complete package. Congratulations in advance for years of trouble free experience and low overall cost of ownership. You have made a prudent decision.

But Toyota seriously needs to develop a 2~2.5L refined version of this diesel mill which can do duty on both the Altis and the upcoming Camry, or use the (commercial) 2.5 from the Innova.

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd September 2011 at 11:24.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:30   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mohit. Am glad you have finally made the choice (you know why )

Not what I would have gone with (and you know that as well) but congrats! And as dkaile says, it's a hassle-free ownership experience to look forward to. Do post an ownership thread.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:47   #125
BHPian

Congratulations drmohitg, the altis is indeed a better choice than the fluidic. Although the verna has had the sales charts moving in the initial days, i am guessing it may not be a long term performer. I would have suggested you to look at the Fluence as well but, considering you have already made the bookings this won't be necessary.

Best of luck... Looking forward to the review !
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:24   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Except for the slight turbo lag in this car below 1500rpm, which was somehow felt by me after driving the 3.0L Falcon which you may or may not feel depending on the car you are graduating from, its a complete package.
It will be mostly driven by the driver. If I drive it, well I drive the Innova daily so I found the altis much more refined.
Quote:
But Toyota seriously needs to develop a 2~2.5L refined version of this diesel mill which can do duty on both the Altis and the upcoming Camry, or use the (commercial) 2.5 from the Innova.
I doubt they are planning to do that. The reason being there only usp is to sell this car to people who want a no nonsense car. The car is boring otherwise and no engine upgrade will give it any more numbers because Cruze, Jetta and Laura are better cars IMHO if you have to be the one driving.
For our requirement this was a perfect car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats mohit. Am glad you have finally made the choice (you know why )
Yea and thanks once again mate. You had to put up with a lot of crap from me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Congratulations drmohitg, the altis is indeed a better choice than the fluidic. Although the verna has had the sales charts moving in the initial days, i am guessing it may not be a long term performer.
Thanks. Review will surely be put up once I get the car.
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:32   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The thing is even getting inside the Altis rear seat is a pain. I don't know how to describe it but the angle of ingress is awkward. You tend to hit your head on the roof when you are getting inside.

I know what you mean. In my Maruti Suzuki Esteem, getting into the front seats also sometimes involves hitting one's head against the roof but eventually one gets used to it.

It's like the old houses in the country-side where the door frame is lower than one's head so bending down to avoid the door frame when going from room-to-room becomes necessary but then it begins to feel natural to bend and avoid the door frame.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks