Honda City 129 33.42%
Fiat Tjet 186 48.19%
Any other option 9 2.33%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 11:00   #31
BHPian

Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

My vote goes to ANHC. Though he will be driving mostly in city, highway driving experience for ANHC is not too bad either. Honda engines are well known for their top notch reliability, A.S.S is a plus too, dont have to hear vague answers at FIAT, makes sense with reduced prices.

Once again..vote goes to ANHC !!!
Old 13th July 2011, 13:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
...driving would be 60-70% in city
This means 30-40% on highways. I would rule out ANHV.

The battle is between ANHC & Linea TJet, both fantastic cars! A practical person would buy the former (You can't go wrong with a Honda!). If he wants performance, and features as bonus, it's Linea. At the same time, Linea is more prone to scrape its underbelly as compared to the City, and he may have to handle TASS, where you can guide him being a Linea owner yourself.

I'm refraining from voting as your friend himself would be best judge of what he wants in the car. I'd say, let him have long spins in both the cars!
Old 13th July 2011, 13:15   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
At the same time, Linea is more prone to scrape its underbelly as compared to the City
Are you sure? City has a ground clearance of 160mm v/s 170mm of the Linea Tjet+
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
This means 30-40% on highways. I would rule out ANHV.

If he wants performance, and features as bonus, it's Linea. At the same time, Linea is more prone to scrape its underbelly as compared to the City, and he may have to handle TASS, where you can guide him being a Linea owner yourself.
The Tjet's ground clearance is better than the normal Linea and in my 15000 kms of driving, i would have scraped only on 2 or 3 occassions (mostly due to my mistake, and not because of ground clearance). The alloys on this car is of a higher size of 16 inches.

Also, on TASS ive been happy with the Bangalore dealerships of Prerna and the new one Aadya near Hebbal. They have been very accomodative on time (never took an advance appointment for my 2 services or a walk in repair of a fused bulb). Also the quality of service is decent, workshops clean and you can watch the car being serviced as well. All in all, i couldnt ask for more. My TASS experience for the Adventure 1.6 also has been good. Another friend of mine who has an Adventure 1.6 also recently met with a minor accident and they were able to source all parts including the plastic fender and the Adventure's alloy (yes even the alloy wheel) other parts within a week. For a car that hardly sold and which has been discontinued 3 years ago, i think support is fantastic !

cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
vinay_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the same time, Linea is more prone to scrape its underbelly as compared to the City, and he may have to handle TASS, where you can guide him being a Linea owner yourself.
Dude, ANHC's ground clearance is 160 mm compared to 170 mm of Linea T-Jet. Most hatchbacks have a GC of 165 which is good enough for our roads. Also, Linea's suspension is much better and suitable for Indian road conditions. Linea T-Jet would rarely(almost never) scrape it underbelly. ANHC, on the other hand, would scrape (and it does) its underbelly most of the times (8 on 10 times), if not driven really carefully.

If you were referring to the Linea MJD, then I agree upto some extent. But, still Linea's suspension reduces the chances.

Sorry for nitpicking, but just wanted to state some facts. Don't mind.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:47   #36
BHPian

@KartikK, vinay_ss & ajay_satpude,

Hey guys, thanks for correcting, and no, it's no nitpicking. I was not aware if the TJet has a higher GC than MJD. My comment was based my experience in Linea MJD, which despite marginally higher GC (161 mm) as compared to City (160 mm), tends to scrape the bottom more often, due perhaps to difference in wheelbase and suspension setup. Anyways, this is no longer relevant.

As the case rests, this is another Advantage T-Jet, which emerges a more practical vehicle than I had thought. The scales that were in fine balance, have tilted for me. I am now voting for T-Jet!!!
RadiantKarma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 16:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

I vote for ANHC for the only reason that I am in love with my ride.

I had ANHC before T-jet/Vento/ANHV were launched and have TD all as was looking for a friend, but I still liked ANHC better and a package a complete car for our city/highway needs. For an enthusiast yes, I would have picked T-jet but then I would not have taken it to Tata/Fiat-*** (I know how disruptive they can be).

Hope this helps your friend. About Bangalore special speed-breakers and GC of cars, if not driven correctly, I feel most car will scrape one or the other breaker, I think you guys there have a lot of patience. People in Delhi just dig them up at night

Cheers!
Old 14th July 2011, 10:05   #38
BHPian

Folks, thanks all for the inputs and like i said earlier, the poll and inputs served its purpose with 2 winners - my friend finally cut a cheque for a Honda dealership and i am thrilled that the TjET has won the "critique's award" like my friend put it, i think very aptly.

To summarise, while the ANHC seems to take the cake with the deal becoming sweeter with the price reduction (on the very broad basis that i cant go wrong with the honda as choice of cars) the Tjet has taken a with the perceived below par A.S.S of Fiat. And for this, my only point is we need to look at the feedback from actual users (for which there is another poll on Tbhp which indicates more than 3/4th of users are satisfied or more with the A.S.S.

While i woudnt want this to be any brand bashing, i end up feeling Fiat as always ends up getting the critiques award rather than being the winner in the segment. But i am not complaining. A critique's award in an enthusiast community to my mind is more befitting

Once again, many thanks to all who helped in making the decision.

cheers
vinay

Last edited by aah78 : 14th July 2011 at 20:53. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 14th July 2011, 10:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Aah, your 'decision' post comes minutes before I was to post something here! But will say it anyway.

If your friend is an enthusiast - Linea T Jet. It will make him go through the TASS experience with a smile!

If your friends it not an enthusiast - ANHC. A very good choice for most people.

Another brilliant car missed by many - It is a diesel and the running may not justify it, but the sheer pleasure of this car (besides a dated cabin design) may offset other issues. - Optra Magnum

Ask your friend to TD it, even though he may have cut the 'booking' cheque.

PS: I only read the OP and landed up right here. Sorry if this has already been covered before.

Edit: Good he didn't go for the Fluidic!
Old 17th July 2011, 17:27   #40
BHPian

T-Jet all the way! Pound for Pound it's much more VFM. ANHC is good but then it becomes just another ANHC!

EDIT: Hey... decision already made! congratulations to your pal. ANHC is a good buy but for the service intervals. Clear case of head winning over heart!

Last edited by abhi413 : 17th July 2011 at 17:32.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:26   #41
BHPian

(posting my query in this thread itself since its similar, if thats not ok I can post a separate thread)

I am in similar situation as your friend was :
TDed the following vehicles. Putting my plusses and minuses based on my limited knowledge.

ANHC V-MT: (~10 lakhs on road)
+ Good allrounder
+ trouble free ownership
- scraps almost 95% speed breakers.
- lack of features wrt others even with reduced price

New Verna SX petrol : (~10 lakhs on road)
+ Good allrounder
+ Very good feature set
- Bouncy ride

Old fiesta SXI petrol : (~8.9 lakhs on road)
+ amazing throttle, most linear power delivery IMO.
- dated design, lack of features
- costly, since old discounts removed.

Linea MJD E+: (~10.4 lakhs on road)
+ Great handling.
+ Very stable ride
- lack of power in 2nd gear (other gears its good to great)

Linea T-Jet plus : (~10.8 lakhs on road)
+ A Jet to drive!!!
+ Very stable ride
- Don't like the turbo lag, that too in petrol!

Have almost narrowed it down to Linea MJD or T-JET+.
And if not both, it will be Verna SX petrol.

The biggest confusion is choice between diesel (MJD) and petrol (T-JET+) Linea.
This is a strange case where petrol is costlier.
Also T-JET+ stretches my budget a bit far.

Another point is about what the Govt might do with diesel going ahead :
Will it hike diesel prices ? ( if so T-JET+ might be a better buy)
Will it tax the diesel cars ? ( then MJD looks a good buy)

Any thoughts on this ?

Heart says T-JET+ though
Old 25th July 2011, 15:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
ANHC V-MT: (~10 lakhs on road)
+ Good allrounder
+ trouble free ownership
- scraps almost 95% speed breakers.
- lack of features wrt others even with reduced price

The biggest confusion is choice between diesel (MJD) and petrol (T-JET+) Linea.
ANHC definitely not scraps almost 95% speed breakers. I own the car since last 5000 Kms and I haven't scraped the car till date (touch wood). It has a soft suspension but that doesn't mean that it will just scrap anything. Even my other fellows here on team-bhp don't report any severe scrapping.

Anyhow now as your choice is between T-jet and MJD then it is very simple to decide. If you want a absolute fun to drive car then T-jet is the car for you. If you have higher running and focus on economy then you should opt for diesel.
Old 25th July 2011, 16:16   #43
BHPian

If you stay in a metro and want to buy a petrol, Tjet is for you. Period.
The service isn't been as bad as it is made out to be. The ground clearance issue has been sorted out. The car is more fully loaded than any other except possibly ANHV. Its a drivers car. Its got a great pedigree and not amongst the masses and stands out for its design even today ( my honest personal opinion).

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Old 25th July 2011, 17:56   #44
BHPian

Hey Revention,

If you are scraping 95% of the speed breakers with ANHC , then Linea MJD is not for you IMHO. You will end up scraping about the same, if not more.

You also might want to re-evaluate ANHC on GC front. It certainly isn't that bad, if you are careful. bluevolt has already substantiated this with his ownership experience.

But if your heart is already fixated on Linea, go follow your heart with T-Jet!

Cheers

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 25th July 2011 at 18:08.
Old 25th July 2011, 18:33   #45
BHPian

I am planning a second TD of MJD to chk the GC. I later found that measurement wise its almost same as city. One difference between ANHC TD and MJD TD was no. of people were 4 in the car during ANHC vs 2 in MJD.

Though I feel ANHC is still costly given the pricing of ANHV SX

Since I am considering T-Jet, I am planning to TD the new Fiesta now which I had earlier removed from short list due to high price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks