Any other option 9 2.33%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 11:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Verna Fluidic 1.6 Vs Fiat Tjet Vs ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Since I am considering T-Jet, I am planning to TD the new Fiesta now which I had earlier removed from short list due to high price.
If you are fine without the leather interior, Prerna has a Tjet (not Tjet +) which in Bosa Nova white (December 31, 2010) which they are selling at a clearance rate and you could pick up at a hefty discount. You could put in after market alloys (16 inch) or go in for Fiat's own 16" alloys and still save a lot of money.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Old 26th July 2011, 12:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
If you are fine without the leather interior, Prerna has a Tjet (not Tjet +) which in Bosa Nova white (December 31, 2010) which they are selling at a clearance rate and you could pick up at a hefty discount. You could put in after market alloys (16 inch) or go in for Fiat's own 16" alloys and still save a lot of money.

Cheers
Vinay Sambaragimath
Karthik from Prerana did email me about that.
I am fine with no leather interior (but not so keen about white).
Need to think about this and see the vehicle and decide.

Have any interior changes (wrt part quality etc) happened in 2011 ?

Btw upgrade to 16" alloys is also a good idea and just sent an email to Karthik asking the pricing for that.

Last edited by Revention : 26th July 2011 at 12:19.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

^ do not know about the interior changes but I think the AC setup was changed as the earlier version of Linea had issues. Kindly check. I am not 100% sure.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:21   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^ do not know about the interior changes but I think the AC setup was changed as the earlier version of Linea had issues. Kindly check. I am not 100% sure.
AC setup was changed before T-Jet only 1.4 petrol Linea had some issue but after changing the new kit, there is hardly any difference in my Linea as mine was cooling perfectly even before Kit was changed but others found some difference though.
jacksons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 13:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks Jacksons, I am sure this will help Revention. Cheers!
Old 26th July 2011, 14:04   #51
BHPian

Other than the usual checks (PDI List) , anything to be careful of the such clearance cars from previous year ?
Old 26th July 2011, 14:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Other than the usual checks (PDI List) , anything to be careful of the such clearance cars from previous year ?
Do check the manufacturing month and year by decoding the VIN number. It is very important to get a fresh model.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th July 2011 at 14:10.
Old 27th July 2011, 18:20   #53
BHPian

Did an another TD of MJD with total 3 people this time, and it did scrap a lot of speedbreakers !
Old 28th July 2011, 15:08   #54
BHPian

I was talking to one of the SA's at KHT Motors yesterday. Seems they have a 2010 model Fox Trote Azure T-Jet , which i am sure you will get at a good deal
Old 28th July 2011, 16:35   #55
BHPian

The person from Prerana motors told me that they can't upgrade the T-jet tyres to 16". Only T-jet plus can take 16".
Old 12th August 2011, 21:40   #56
BHPian

With the recent price cut by Honda, the ANHC make a excellent case for itself. Just a month back I have test driven all the cars you have mentioned plus very recently the new ford fiesta.

Hyundai 1.6 -

All-rounder value for money.

Like:
Great looks.
Nice Interiors.
Safety Kit - ABS, 6 Airbags, All Disc brakes.
A.S.S

Dislike:
Cramped rear seat.
sloppy handling.

FIAT Linea t-Jet.

Excellent performance car.

Like:
Excellent ride and handling.
Decent performance - turbo needs to kick in for you to get the kick.
Great looks.
All disc brakes

Dislike:
Ergonomics are not spot on.
cramped rear seats.
A.S.S

Ford Fiesta:
You want to drive this rather then driven.

Like:
Excellent handling - Best amongst all the mentioned cars.
Nice Interiors.

Dislike:
Price
Rear seats are not very comfortable.

ANHC

Best of the lot in all the areas comfort + performance.

Like:
Excellent ride and Handling - best of the lot in this department
Great rear seat comfort.
With recent price correction - excellent value for money
Good looks

Dislike:
Low Equipment level.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:56   #57

car that suits my budget and driving requirement?

Hi everyone.

please can u experts suggest me about the new car i am buying. i really liked the verna fluidic SX and honda city 1.5 S. i drove them both and i think city's pickup is a little better than verna but verna is very smooth at 50 speed on 5th gear. after seeing verna interiors the honda city interiors looked very plain. but honda was more spacious than verna.
Also i have been reading on the internet that citys performance is better than verna
Can u please suggest me what should i go in for? i have to majorly drive in the city (chandigarh) and occasionally once or twice in month on highway. max till delhi or himachal.

is there any car that will be better than these in that budget of 9 lacs that i have? i am confused. havent driven vento petrol so please give feedback on that also.

i want to go for the best that will suit my purpose. which car is not very expensive to maintain?

if i get quick feedback on this it will be really great as i have to buy it in 2 - 3 days

thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd August 2011 at 23:12. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 09:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: car that suits my budget and driving requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneet22 View Post
if i get quick feedback on this it will be really great as i have to buy it in 2 - 3 days
thanks
Obviously Honda City!

Please close your eyes and grab one City ASAP. In the 8-10 lacs bracket there is just one petrol car better than Honda City which is the T-Jet, but it has its own issues. Vento petrol is also a good choice, but VW A.S.S. is still an unknown territory and Vento's petrol is not as rocking as the diesel one. Verna Fluidic is a strong contender, but I would anyday prefer the City.

Go for City. Peace of mind. Period.

Edit: Honda City is also the most fuel efficient of all other petrol sedans. There are many owners who have reported amazing FE figures. Go through the threads of @bluevolt, @remingtonsteel, @mdsaab.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 24th August 2011 at 09:56.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: car that suits my budget and driving requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneet22 View Post
Can u please suggest me what should i go in for? i have to majorly drive in the city (chandigarh) and occasionally once or twice in month on highway. max till delhi or himachal.

is there any car that will be better than these in that budget of 9 lacs that i have? i am confused. havent driven vento petrol so please give feedback on that also.

i want to go for the best that will suit my purpose. which car is not very expensive to maintain?
Unless you drive really hard, don't think yo could go wrong with the City. Practical, Reliable, Good FE for a petrol, Tried and Tested, Good Spacious cabin. Honda makes reliable and smooth engines.

If 'bling' and newness and loads of features is what you are looking at, then the Fluidic Verna, where the rear seat isn't the best place to be in. Also suspect handling and ride at high speeds.

My checks were mainly on Diesel cars, but you may want to check what I observed at : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iesta-pg5.html

All the best and keep us posted, mate.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:54   #60

thanks guys

i have finalised on the honda city but i have heard they are launching the new model in october . anybody has any idea of the approximate launch date and how expensive it would be than current model? if its just a difference of 30 - 40 K i would like to wait for it as its resale will be also better than the current model. right. and why buy an older model when the new one is one the way. 2 months wont make much of a difference.

please suggest me twhat should i be doing.

thanks you so much for the feedback

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks