Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna (Fluidic) vs Chevrolet Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The chevy is on the contendor list for the brilliant engine, the amazing list of features plus a good looking car along with a decent mileage.

Similary the Verna, a good engine, amazing list of features plus another good looking car. Some more features than the chevy also.

I heard that the thigh support is bad in the verna, is it really bad or doable for a 5'10"?
As others have mentioned the rear seat is not the best place to be if you are on a Cruze or the Verna. As its not self driven i don't think you should be too much worried about the lack of power in the Altis (or availability of it in Cruze).

Not sure about thigh support, when we went to see verna we did not have any problems with the rear seat space (but we are 5'6) hence would suggest to go a TD and sit in the rear seat and see for yourself.

BTW there are other Diesel mills in the similar price range that will offer you better rear seat comfort.
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Good back seat would mean a Corolla Altis D-4D. Since its chauffeur driven you can relax in the backseat that would be the most comfy, or may be a Fluence diesel. These should have been in the list, Cruze and Verna should be out as chauffeur driven cars.
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:40   #48
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Since you have narrowed down to the two cars, i would strongly suggest the Cruze. Simply because it is an upgrade from your current Honda City. Apart from the upgrade, the Cruze has a "better" ride at the back. Verna's back seat is horrible. It was a harrowing experience for me to be seated at the back of the Verna during one of my long test drives.

Would also suggest you to take a TD, sit at the back and decide. In all probabilities, unless you are in a bad mood, you would go in for the Cruze
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

As most folks responded, neither of the 2 cars are going to cut it given they will be mostly chauffer driven.

Why arent you looking at Innova or an SUV? XUV500 seems like a deal!

If you still need to decide between these 2 cars only, then Cruze it is.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:47   #50
BHPian

Since you have mentioned these two cars specifically I would suggest the Cruze over the Verna for the simple reason that the rear seat and rear comfort of the Cruze is far superior to that of the Verna. Because from what I think, its no brainer to have tons of features in a car in which you would not like to sit and travel.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:48   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruze's rear seat should be good for a 5'8"person with the seats pushed all the way front. The legroom is tight at rear by segment standards but is pretty much liveable. I vote for Cruze, i hate the constant bobbing at Verna's rear seat, Cruze's suspension is in a different league altogether.

For self driven use too Cruze is better, it's faster than Verna, though not a super handler but a far more involving drive compared to Verna. The best thing about the Cruze is its mile munching ability and super high speed composure.
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Abhinav, it has to be the Cruze all the way. Although rear legroom is not so good, the seat depth is good & your thighs will get way better support in the Cruze.

Plus, for the occasions when you're going to drive yourself, the Cruze will bring a huge smile to your face as far as the handling & outright performance is concerned. Why not stretch your Budget a little more & go for the AT?
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:22   #53
BHPian

I think of the options, the Cruze is better by far. But why don't you try out the Diesel Etios or wait for the Sunny diesel ?
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:31   #54
BHPian

As there are only 2 cars in your list, i think it should be the Cruze. Rear leg room is not good in both Cruze and Verna considering their respective segments, but i would suggest Cruze for its interiors and muscular looks. Rest all the features are almost same.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

Shortlisted list now only includes the Chevy Cruze LTZ MT and the Hyundai Verna SX O MT

Chauffer Driven Most of the times with occasional self driven.

Altis feels outdated with the 1.4L engine ( i mean common, in a D segment sedan)
If its going to be mostly chauffer driven, what's wrong with the puny 1.4L engine? Backseat comfort in the Altis is miles better than both the Verna and Cruze.

If you still insist on choosing between Verna and Cruze, Cruze gets my vote purely from the engine standpoint. The Verna might have more BHP but poor handling and poor backseat comfort are the sore points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

I would suggest Altis. It might have a 1.4L engine but due to variable timing, it delivers good performance.
Variable timing or variable geometry turbo? The VGT does have significant turbo lag.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:48   #56
BHPian

Rear seat comfort for a mostly chauffeur-driven car...

What say about getting test-driven in rear seats of both the short-listed cars and also in Altis, before rejecting the latter for its engine?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks