Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2006, 17:00   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks shuvc..

How is the typical dealer discount? Is it in terms of cash or accessories?
Old 20th February 2006, 18:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002?
Thanks shuvc..
How is the typical dealer discount? Is it in terms of cash or accessories?
In December,
15K was corporate,
MUL was giving insurance free (25K)
Dealer was giving 20K. I got another 20K from dealer. So total = 40K

Currently in this equation, MUL has increased it's share of 25K to 50K. The dealer discount on paper is down to 5K. The rest is upto bargaining.

I took my discounts in kind. Free insurance, regn, 2 yr extended warranty, subwoofer and seat covers.
Old 20th February 2006, 22:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

is there now way climate control can be fitted on a lxi ?
Old 21st February 2006, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

shankaranand,
Have u finalised on the dealer? What is the best deal you are getting?
Old 21st February 2006, 17:03   #20
BHPian

I got my Baleno VXi from Pratham motors in Bangalore about 2 months ago.. Pratham is pretty reliable so far as the sale goes.. everything turns up as promised. I am still to experience a similar feeling from the service department though! :P

Anyways, coming back to your LXi/VXi dilemma, here is what got us tilted towards the VXi:
1. It comes with 14" alloys (which was a ~30K upgrade we were looking for anyway)
2. Rear spoiler: The black color on Baleno is not really black.. but a Mica Blue Black or something.. I forget the exact name.. but when you notice the car under sun, you can see blue specks that shine.. I heard that if you get an after market spoiler, the color would not match perfectly. Not really sure whether it is true.. but I bit the argument anyways.

Also, there is some cost associated with the spoiler.. not sure how much as I haven't enquired around.. but I would presume abt 5K?

3. The MP3 player + speakers - about 13-14 K

4. Power antenna - about 1-2 K

5. Remote Keyless entry - about 5K

These sum up to about 50K in goodies you may want to spend on yourself too..

Apart from that, I have found the climate control system to be pretty good.. it just makes your life much easier.. (keep realizing its utility value every time I drive my old Wagon R).. It just feels much more of a luxury car with the CC rather than the knobs.. so, it just depends on how you look at it..

And the height adjustment.. well.. you only get around to doing that once in a really long while.. so, I guess it is a good to have feature.. but not something you notice on a daily basis.. And with a manual adjustment, between me and my wife, we rarely get down to chaning the position much.. it is quite a pain!

If I put a notional value of 10K for the CC and 5K for the height adjustment, you see that the VXi is probably more value for money.. atleast it saves you the hassle of shopping for each of the items individually.. (Moreover, if you need to replace anything, it is all MGA.. so, you just get the dealer fix it for you.. apart from the benefit of having your insurance cover all the items by default..)

So, if you are not very finicky about the type of music system or the level of style that your alloys exude, and dont mind paying that addl cash upfront, you may be doing better by getting the VXi.. but if you want to wait a while and get them one thing in at a time.. LXi may be a better bet..
Old 21st February 2006, 17:52   #21
BHPian

what was the OTR price for the VXI,, how much discount you got?? post some pictures if possible
CAT
Old 21st February 2006, 18:30   #22
BHPian

Ex-Showroom was about 5.96
Accessories + taxes + insurance + regn and everything on, OTR was about 7.1 L
Accessories = LLumar sun film + underchassis protection cover + body teflon coating + Fog Lamps (~ 16K)
Road Tax = 67K
Insurance = 24K

I know there is some discrepancy in the above calculation (they sum up to 7.03 instead of 7.1.. but I may have gotten some of the numbers incorrect.. )

This is in Bangalore btw..
Old 21st February 2006, 19:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgc_cool
Ex-Showroom was about 5.96
This is in Bangalore btw..
VXi ex-showroom was 5.96 ??!
Old 22nd February 2006, 01:14   #24
BHPian

Two sensors in the Baleno really surprises me. the swift Climate control has SIX sensors. Also lets keep in mind the errors in Baleno brochures.
Old 22nd February 2006, 10:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Two sensors in the Baleno really surprises me. the swift Climate control has SIX sensors. Also lets keep in mind the errors in Baleno brochures.
Does it have six sensors ? Can't recall but I think I read somewhere that the Swift sold abroad has 6 sensors, whereas the Indian version does not.

Can anyone confirm either way ?

EDIT: a-ha .. read it right here .. check out this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stomer+support

Last edited by shuvc : 22nd February 2006 at 10:57.
Old 24th March 2006, 04:25   #26

i have read rave reviews about the baleno ac. guys is the new VXI climate control ac just as powerful, worse or better?
Old 24th March 2006, 09:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Get the VXI!!!

Climate control is definitely needed in our country. Must be!
Old 24th March 2006, 11:11   #28
BANNED

Even the LXi A/C is really good. The car feels like a fridge after 5 mins. I'd for for the LXi and spend some on aftermarket accessories. Somehow it feels wrong to pay 7 lakhs for a Baleno.
Old 24th March 2006, 12:32   #29
BHPian

I had the same dilemma Lxi or Vxi

* AutoClimate control is great ! During my earlier long trip on a hired Lxi I think we fiddled with the fan-speed, fan-mode knobs atleast 50 times. After buying Vxi we didn't touch any knobs apart from just setting the temp as 24 degrees. I inquired and found that this cannot be added onto Lxi.

* Defogger I was told cannot be added again on Lxi [but i really wonder why]. I found this useful on day-1 because it was raining in Bangalore and the rear window was fogged up and defogger cleared it in about 40-50 seconds. I think this will be helpful in bangalore during rainy season say about 2-3 months in a year.

* Alloys, mp3 system you can get better ones any day than the factory fitted [ so this cannot be the reason for buying vxi]

* Seat height adjuster again cannot be added to Lxi. This is useful if the height of the person driving this car less than say 5'7". If the driver is taller than this, this is useless.

* Remember you can buy lxi @ say 6 lakhs spend 70k on your own, but the insurance will be only for 6 lakhs but if you go for Vxi insurance is for full 7 lakhs.

* Also if you are going for loan vxi is always better b'cos you get loan for ex-showroom, else with lxi you have to shell out 70k/80k from your pocked for upgrade.

hope this helps.....
Old 24th March 2006, 14:50   #30
BHPian

In a nutshell I think Lxi is definitely more VFM than the Vxi comparing the OTR prices.

The Vxi is suitable for those who want their cars fully loaded and can't be bothered searching for stuff to add and wouldn't mind spending a few grand extra for the convenience of getting everything out of the box.

Lxi is more for the cheapskates( like me? ) and VFM conscious people. Also for the enthusiasts who want to do some serious mods Lxi is more suitable.

However considering the fact that Lxi is the cheapest variant of the Baleno - it's still very well loaded - something which cannot be said of the lower models of many other manufacturers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks