Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2006, 18:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
P.S. Which car are you referring to in your signature?
Err..its not in existence yet. Thats why the "when?". Actually, they are available, but the "affordable" part is missing.
Old 17th February 2006, 19:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Err..its not in existence yet. Thats why the "when?". Actually, they are available, but the "affordable" part is missing.
I know. Life sucks. I want a Skyline, but I don't know when I will be able to get one. :(
Old 17th February 2006, 19:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
What TypeO means is that you can get much better product (Petra) than Indigo for almost same money. Why would I care if the prices are slashed once or twice or thrice? What I would be getting is much better car for my money and that is what I should be concerned with.
yes i know petra is a much better product but u just dont buy the car alone... ASS is almost non existent, Fiat as a brand is at an all time low, resale value are absymal... i think price is a combination of all the factors!
Old 17th February 2006, 19:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
yes i know petra is a much better product but u just dont buy the car alone... ASS is almost non existent, Fiat as a brand is at an all time low, resale value are absymal... i think price is a combination of all the factors!
Alright, you are talking about whole package and not about the car alone. I agree with you then. (Why me? Sales figures themselves speaks loud )
Old 18th February 2006, 16:42   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I would reccomend the Petra.
The Indigo only beats it in space and resale value by maybe 50K max. Remember, Indigo doesn't have the best resale value either.
ASS may be bad but then its very hyped up.
It isn't even alf as bad as it is being portrayed.
Old 20th January 2011, 13:36   #36

Re: Indigo petrol?

Guys, I have an unique problem. My indigo petrol stops while idling. Its >5 years old and have done >78K kms on that. I undergo all the regular services at TASC, and get a city mileage of 11.
Please let me know in case any of you have a fix.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamajumder View Post
Guys, I have an unique problem. My indigo petrol stops while idling. Its >5 years old and have done >78K kms on that. I undergo all the regular services at TASC, and get a city mileage of 11.
Please let me know in case any of you have a fix.
Please get the idling fixed by the TASC. In older carburetor models you could adjust the idling screw, but in fuel injected engine the ECU requires adjustment as it has to cater to AC, air temparature and engine temparature to set proper idling.
Old 21st January 2011, 11:37   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Please get the idling fixed by the TASC. In older carburetor models you could adjust the idling screw, but in fuel injected engine the ECU requires adjustment as it has to cater to AC, air temparature and engine temparature to set proper idling.
Thanks a ton. Might be because of the chill, as it disappeared, well almost, today.
Am anyways taking it to TASC tomorrow. Let them fig it out.
Thanks again.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamajumder View Post
Thanks a ton. Might be because of the chill, as it disappeared, well almost, today.
Am anyways taking it to TASC tomorrow. Let them fig it out.
Thanks again.
That the idling is air temparature dependent points to ECU sensor problem. In my K10 as well as the Esteem the idling is higher due to chill till the engine temparature stabilises. I think that one of the engine sensors is misbehaving, that had happened in my Esteem which would reduce idling with AC instead of increasing. Changing the sensor did the job.
Old 14th February 2011, 07:53   #40
rv3
BHPian

I own a Tata Indigo XL Classic Petrol and except for the mileage and plastics quality, everything else is good about this car. The mileage in the city really sucks (about 8 to 9 Kms) but on the highways, it's a breezer. I have recorded 14Kms even while driving at speed above 100Kph.

While I was scouting for my diesel sedan, many petrol versions were also screened and my preference was Fiesta and Aveo.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

XL Petrol is a twincam while Indigo petrol is not.

Most Viewed