Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

some people refer to K&N's as free flowing filters....i guess thats what he meant.

Rev
Old 23rd February 2006, 01:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
You're talking $$$ brother. I'm not so sure Sunith is looking for this sort of setup. One Baleno + head + cam + exhaust + filter = 1 Lancer + lots more.
You can get enough stuff for the Baleno also btw. I have only seen RPW works for a Lancer, and that too I'm not sure it's the 4G15. If you are referring to stuff like the emanage and the VAFC, they are more of one-size-fits-all devices.
hey Viper .. I wasn't aware baleno also had enough stuff for mods as compared to a lancer ..
RPW has a entire sets of mods aimed at 4g15 SOHC, they have 3 stages of tunes for the cams for this specific model , also corresponding valves and valve springs to handle the agressive cams, FPR, throttlebods.. etc aimed at the 4g15 specifically. they even have a bolt on DOHC kit tailored for the lancer...

You are right about one size fits all for emanage , but the wiring manual for APEXI SAFCII specifically mentioned the 4g15 SOHC.. so I assumed they dont have the baleno G16 in mind. Overall I feel the the lancer has been around for so many years and as so many tuners in the world have played around with 4g15 so they know how much to push this engine..
its more widely recognised engine as compared to the suzuki engine.. atleast in US tuner market.

you are right about the $$$ part .. I have my shopping list ready and Im thinking of knocking of some items...

hey vip3r.. you built that DOHC esteem right ? so if you say baleno is easy to mod in iNdia then I beleive u .. I think I had also spoken to earlier regarding if such mods for esteem/baleno can be done ..
Old 23rd February 2006, 01:45   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
hey vip3r.. you built that DOHC esteem right ?
guess you're talking about VIPER (from mumbai) and not VPp3R (from bangalore).

manson.
Old 23rd February 2006, 01:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
well you can start with a basic

16" alloys with tubeless tyres
K&N free flow
two-way Free flow Exhaust
Iridium 4 point sparks
sysnthetic engine oil for smoothness and refinement
white light bulbs
New spoiler
Momo steering
leather interiors
excellent audio system

will cost you anything from around 60k-80k depending on your choice. My guess for power figure would be around 100+bhp

if you want to go advanced

butterfly doors from autopsyche (also get the car turned into a coupe)
new front air dam
new light cluster
new interiors
DOHC setup
cpu chip
led underbody lighting
fibre glass hood and roof with sunroof
exhauast headerss/manifold upgrade
engine head porting and polishing

This advanced setup should get you around 120-130hp at max. price may be around 2-3 lacs.

contact autopsyche and he will make your lancer the most powerful beast in your city.

look at his creations on the forums for more info or contact him

hey.. you mods are centered more around the look... I had something like this in mind :
1] stick to the SOHC setup for cost purposes
2] stage 2 cams from RPW .. they may cause some rough idling and loss lowend power .. or mild stage1 if you want even power band
3] valve springs becoz the stock ones wont handle the change in lift and speed so well as per the new cams
4] new fuel pump bcoz the stock pump is not designed to quiclkly handle the stuff the AFC is asking it to do
5] piggyback AFC to remap the fuel at certain rpms less than WOT
6] wide band O2 sensor to check if your AFC is tuned right
7] headers, no catalytic convertor, free flowing muffler designed according to the setup mentioned in points 1 to 7
8] better plugs...
9] MSD ignition to remap your igntion curve as per the mods done.
10] and some cold air intake and not the free flow KnN

guyz this is what i have in mind ..plz go ahead and make suggestions ...
I know its going to be expensive but then doing it halfway or just cosmetic mods also doesn't help...
Old 23rd February 2006, 02:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
hey.. you mods are centered more around the look... I had something like this in mind :
1] stick to the SOHC setup for cost purposes
2] stage 2 cams from RPW .. they may cause some rough idling and loss lowend power .. or mild stage1 if you want even power band
3] valve springs becoz the stock ones wont handle the change in lift and speed so well as per the new cams
4] new fuel pump bcoz the stock pump is not designed to quiclkly handle the stuff the AFC is asking it to do
5] piggyback AFC to remap the fuel at certain rpms less than WOT
6] wide band O2 sensor to check if your AFC is tuned right
7] headers, no catalytic convertor, free flowing muffler designed according to the setup mentioned in points 1 to 7
8] better plugs...
9] MSD ignition to remap your igntion curve as per the mods done.
10] and some cold air intake and not the free flow KnN

guyz this is what i have in mind ..plz go ahead and make suggestions ...
I know its going to be expensive but then doing it halfway or just cosmetic mods also doesn't help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
i thought we were talking about performance . . . and btw whats a k&n freeflow?

manson.
You are right. Baleno also has many modifications possible but Lancer will have a much much larger checklist.

About your list of mods, It looks pretty good. My list was based on what I had in mind for my SFXI. Rests on SUnith's Budget, wants and requirements what he would want to do for his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
ok ..... that s great but if i am not mistaken the SFXi is 122bhp in stock.....

nope. wrong info. A stock sfxi is 87bhp with 1.5 engine and 120bhp with invecs engine.

Quote:
Dipen, I agree. But I was pointing out that Devarshi's budget was inaccurate. You cannot realistically expect FF+K&N+leather+16"+tyres+audio for 60-80k...
Quote:
16" alloys with tubeless tyres - over 40 k
K&N free flow - assuming this includes headers, around 12k
two-way Free flow Exhaust - what's a 2 way? and how is K&N free-flow different?
Iridium 4 point sparks - Why would you need these?
sysnthetic engine oil for smoothness and refinement - isn't the Lancer already refined. Besides this means 3k+ every 10k km
white light bulbs - 1k
New spoiler - Assuming alteast 3k
Momo steering - Assuming atleast 3k again
leather interiors - 25k
excellent audio system - another 25k atleast

So we end up with well over a lakh. And you are getting about 15 bhp for that. And all the other stuff is of zero value when you resell the car.

No comments on the advanced setup.
arent your prices exaggerated.

Alloys with tubeless is around 20-25k
K&N free flow- I got a quote for 8k for the top of the line( Typhoon if I remember properly)K&N for my sfxi
A free flow exhaust is well an exhaust with no restrictions. By two-way I meant a 4X2 exhaust design.Automech has them.
A freeflow K&N is a filter which allows free flow of air inside the combustion chamber(In a laymens language)
white light bulbs for 1K???????? Wow I got mine for a measly 250bucks. I can getcha 4 pairs for that price.
momo steering last I asked was about 1500-2500. fro a modifier in Ahmedabad.

80k was my price assumption and pretty accurate cause I had calculated the cost for my own car. And I said 100+(87+15(your assumption=102bhp)

I have given the prices from the quotes I had got for my lancer. And my budget is completely based on that. Dont see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 23rd February 2006 at 02:31.
Old 23rd February 2006, 02:41   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And I said 100+(87+15(your assumption=102bhp)
15 bhp gains just by installin a K&N and a freeflow from automech . . .wishful thinking i'd say.

and bro 16 inch alloys and decent tyres would be nothing less than 35 k for a set of 5.

manson.
Old 23rd February 2006, 03:29   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
15 bhp gains just by installin a K&N and a freeflow from automech . . .wishful thinking i'd say.

and bro 16 inch alloys and decent tyres would be nothing less than 35 k for a set of 5.

manson.

That's am exorbitant price. My quote from a local dealer said 27,800 for a set of 5 with warranty for a 205/50/16 aura with JK tyre tubeless after deducting my original company setup of 14" alloys with MRF tubetype tyres set of 5.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:52   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's am exorbitant price. My quote from a local dealer said 27,800 for a set of 5 with warranty for a 205/50/16 aura with JK tyre tubeless after deducting my original company setup of 14" alloys with MRF tubetype tyres set of 5.
looks like you're the one whose paying the exhorbitant price, the prices i have quoted are for outright purchase awithout exchanging anything.

manson.
Old 23rd February 2006, 15:29   #84
BHPian

Since i already have a baleno
I am thinking i ll go for the Lancer Sfxi...
Hopefully i ll find an INVECS in good condition
Old 23rd February 2006, 15:30   #85
BHPian

thnx a lot you guys
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well dunno if i'm being biased, but have a look at the ohc vtec, its good looking with some mouth-watering performance, an ohc 1.5 though marginally less powerful, but would make for a great car as well.

manson.
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro, when we talk 15" alloys and rubber, we mean performance stuff. Like HR racing wheels, which are ultra-light, and Yokohama ES-100. Now the break up for these would run something like 22k for the wheels, and another 4k per tyre. If you are going to go Aura and JK, all the best!

When I talk about bulbs for close to 1k, I mean H1 hi+low, from a good company like Philips, along with Lucas or Bosch relays and wiring, and higher heat-resistance bakelite bulb holders. You don't want to fry your car to save 800 bucks.

The 8k you are quoting for the K&N is without the piping. The Typhoon is useless without good piping.

Also, your rates are bad. Aura 15s should be nothing more than 18. And rubber another 3k per tyre. So that works out to 33 without exchange. Should be more like 18-20 after exchange.

No offence, but these are the rates in BLR.
Old 24th February 2006, 00:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok here is a the catch. Most of the lancer sfxi's you will find would be with the 1.5L engine with 87bhp. Absolutely sufficient for everyday driving and highway driving.

Most of the invecs you will find would be either GLXI or LEI. I prefer LEI for leather, luxury look,quality wooden inserts that give the cabin a fresh look, different looking rear and power folding side mirrors.

Not many invecs sfxi have been sold but I hope you get one in good condition.

Quote:
Bro, when we talk 15" alloys and rubber, we mean performance stuff. Like HR racing wheels, which are ultra-light, and Yokohama ES-100. Now the break up for these would run something like 22k for the wheels, and another 4k per tyre. If you are going to go Aura and JK, all the best!

When I talk about bulbs for close to 1k, I mean H1 hi+low, from a good company like Philips, along with Lucas or Bosch relays and wiring, and higher heat-resistance bakelite bulb holders. You don't want to fry your car to save 800 bucks.

The 8k you are quoting for the K&N is without the piping. The Typhoon is useless without good piping.

Also, your rates are bad. Aura 15s should be nothing more than 18. And rubber another 3k per tyre. So that works out to 33 without exchange. Should be more like 18-20 after exchange.

No offence, but these are the rates in BLR.
correction . I suggested 16inch wheels and not 15 inch wheels alongwith tubeless. The prices and configs may have changed becuase I had enquired for this stuff before Diwali 2004.

I frankly dont remember which car brand of bulbs were installed in my car, but they are still doing duty and are pretty good at that. The car accessories shop guy is a close friend hence We never ask for much details.

yes the price is without the piping. If I remember correctly Piping was another 2K so it still stays within budget I think.

About the alloys once again its not 15inch but 18inch. your prices maybe less as Ahmedabad doesnt really have the lowest prices.

Once again my prices for the car are just an estimate I was given for modifying my car then in 2004 in Ahmedabad.

Quote:
looks like you're the one whose paying the exhorbitant price, the prices i have quoted are for outright purchase awithout exchanging anything.

manson.
Less maybe possible but I was confused by the high price you quoted.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 24th February 2006 at 00:06.
Old 24th February 2006, 02:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Update: Just saw a doctor-driven, sparingly used Invecs. Asking price was 7.75 lakhs. None too cheap.

BLR sucks for used cars. Delhi Mumbai zindabaad!!!
Old 24th February 2006, 04:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Just saw a doctor-driven, sparingly used Invecs. Asking price was 7.75 lakhs. None too cheap.

BLR sucks for used cars. Delhi Mumbai zindabaad!!!

What kind of model was it? Glxi, Lei or SFXi???

Ok to pay for LEI or SFXi 2004 or later model I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks