Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 12:02   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Update: Just saw a doctor-driven, sparingly used Invecs. Asking price was 7.75 lakhs. None too cheap.

BLR sucks for used cars. Delhi Mumbai zindabaad!!!
way out of the budget...:(
Old 24th February 2006, 15:27   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Most of the lancer sfxi's you will find would be with the 1.5L engine with 87bhp. Absolutely sufficient for everyday driving and highway driving.
City Driving -Yes.Grossly insufficient for highways.
Old 24th February 2006, 22:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
City Driving -Yes.Grossly insufficient for highways.

Nope. I have cruised around on the highways at 140-160kmph with ease.

Overtaking is also comfortable due to the high torque of 13.5kgm..

btw am confused

A 77bhp NHC is comfortable on the highway. A 91 bhp baleno is powerful but 87bhp is underpowered even with the most refined and smooth engine. Someone please explain.
Old 24th February 2006, 22:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I've never really understood as well.

Maybe it has something to do with torque and power curves...they need to be flat and linear respectively, for best effect.
Old 24th February 2006, 23:46   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Devarshi: pretty good SWOT there.

But a few things...for one, the OHC won't have a better resale. Already there are 1.5s for under 3 lakhs, and since they're out of production, and their replacement has already undergone a facelift, their resale can only drop.
where is the OHC for under 3 lakhs?? please direct me as firstly i am not coming across any OHC's and if i do come across, they are highly priced..
Old 25th February 2006, 00:19   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
where is the OHC for under 3 lakhs?? please direct me as firstly i am not coming across any OHC's and if i do come across, they are highly priced..
those are the 99 models he s prob. mentioning, or maybe a 2000 model lemon.

manson.
Old 25th February 2006, 00:41   #97
BHPian

Hey guys,
Its been quite a while..since i have posted anything..was in US for a short while...anyways...

This seems to be good discussion on Lancer ...
I have driven a Lancer, Baleno and a City.....

Althought different people have different styles and preferences.

My one and only choice would be Lancer SFXi.
I love its handling and stability in highways. It is a pleasure to drive. It is a drivers car.

People who drive a Lancer are the ones who would be able to appreciate it..You either hate the car or love it ....

I would recommend a Lancer...1.5 is good enough with an INVECS..one..you get in a luxury segment...

1.5 is more fun...

Choice is yours...

Cheers,
Raaj KS
You can keep it tamed and neat or you could spice it up and add muscle to the car. It can take both.
Old 25th February 2006, 01:08   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Hey guys,
Its been quite a while..since i have posted anything..was in US for a short while...anyways...

This seems to be good discussion on Lancer ...
I have driven a Lancer, Baleno and a City.....

Althought different people have different styles and preferences.

My one and only choice would be Lancer SFXi.
I love its handling and stability in highways. It is a pleasure to drive. It is a drivers car.

People who drive a Lancer are the ones who would be able to appreciate it..You either hate the car or love it ....

I would recommend a Lancer...1.5 is good enough with an INVECS..one..you get in a luxury segment...

1.5 is more fun...

Choice is yours...

Cheers,
Raaj KS
You can keep it tamed and neat or you could spice it up and add muscle to the car. It can take both.
Whew!!!!!!! atleast some1 has known what lancer is and what it means to own one.

Quote:
To be honest, I've never really understood as well.

Maybe it has something to do with torque and power curves...they need to be flat and linear respectively, for best effect.

Tell me you are joking. My statement was supposed to be a criticism to those who dont own a lancer and criticize it.

Lancer has an even flatter torque curve than the baleno. I have driven it at 25-30 in the top gear in the city.
Old 25th February 2006, 07:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Devarshi: My statement meant that I don't know why they say it's ordinary on the highway. I've only ever driven it in town. I'm trying to rationalize.

Adit: They are all type 1 OHCs. Olety on St Marks Rd has one, though I'm not sure for how much. No loan on a car thats like 8 years old, brother.
Old 25th February 2006, 12:53   #100
BANNED

Heh heh. Ok i'll add one for the Lancer boys: If you want just speed, buy a Baleno and mod it.

If you want speed, great looks, and the best handling in its class (better than a lot of higher end cars too), the Lancer is still the car to buy and modify.

I just got a new Optra and I still find myself sneaking out in my Lancer for joyrides.
Old 25th February 2006, 14:28   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Heh heh. Ok i'll add one for the Lancer boys: If you want just speed, buy a Baleno and mod it.

If you want speed, great looks, and the best handling in its class (better than a lot of higher end cars too), the Lancer is still the car to buy and modify.

I just got a new Optra and I still find myself sneaking out in my Lancer for joyrides.

hey, dont you also own a baleno?

Quote:
My statement meant that I don't know why they say it's ordinary on the highway. I've only ever driven it in town. I'm trying to rationalize.
my misunderstanding buddy.
Old 28th February 2006, 01:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunith
way out of the budget...:(

I dont think you will get any invecs model lancer for less than 5.00

Try for a 1.5 sfxi instead. it is also as good and fuel efficient. Never seen such a smooth and refined engine.
Old 28th February 2006, 11:59   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Whew!!!!!!! atleast some1 has known what lancer is and what it means to own one.

Lancer has an even flatter torque curve than the baleno. I have driven it at 25-30 in the top gear in the city.

Exactly- That is specifically the point what am trying to make. It is better off in the city rather than the highways.The gears do not allow downshifting at an ease. In the city though the Lancer does not require much downshifting. And I own one
Old 28th February 2006, 12:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks

1.5 is more fun...
Invecs only came with a 1.8 and not 1.5.
Old 28th February 2006, 12:16   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay
Exactly- That is specifically the point what am trying to make. It is better off in the city rather than the highways.The gears do not allow downshifting at an ease. In the city though the Lancer does not require much downshifting. And I own one

Ah.... Laddat! Yeah true. certainly Lancer is a better car for city driving. But then how many families actually make more than 1 trip on an average outside city limits?

optra and octavia are better highway cruisers according to me.

Most Viewed