Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 01:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a *used* budget Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
If a good AC is important to you, then Esteem would nit be a very good bet in my view, and a 2001 Car will not have the R134 gas kit will be on the earlier gas for AC to the best of my knowledge unless the owner has changed the system. I suggest look for a good 2006+ model with AC and PS if at all you are keen on an esteem, engine wise Esteem is all good.
The car is definitely on old AC system. As I said earlier, I just want to share some of the high mileage of cedia/polo with this car. Even if the old AC makes things cozy, its ok for us.. its going to be the third car afterall..to be picked only when you are going for in city/peak hour drives.. But all of us including dad, mum, brother and me are finding it hard to let go the 800. FIRST CAR you know..so we may just get this esteem without selling 800..I was almost about to sell it when I though "what the hell, I am using a phone worth 35k, how can I sell this beloved car for a similar price and that was it..lolzz"...I am trying to negotiate a bit more on esteem's price.., lets see..I was more concerned about typical esteem technical issues, which look all set for now..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 11th October 2011 at 01:45.
Old 11th October 2011, 06:20   #62
BHPian

Hi BHPians. I'm looking forward to buy a used car and it's going to be run on CNG. I have a budget of about 3-3.5 L for this car and need:
1. Spacious interiors
2. Reliable engine
3. Moderate maintenance costs
4. Good AC

I'm thinking of getting the 2G Honda City 1.5L. Is it a good choice for a car which will be run on CNG? What would be a good price for the car? What total mileage and year of purchase should I be looking for?

Would really appreciate any suggestions or comments as this is my first ever car and going wrong with it would be the last thing I would want.

TIA
Old 13th October 2011, 14:08   #63
BHPian

How much would a Feb 2009, Optra Magnum LT, run 38,000KM cost? The car is with Second owner, The "First Choice" people approached me with 5,00,000/- for the car. Is it worth it if I choose it over a Swift ZDi ?
I was looking to upgrade to a Swift ZDi, but the delivery period they are saying is 6-7 months from now. The on-road price is 7,08,000/-

I plan to use the vehicle for atleast 8-9 years, which should cover about 1-1.5 Lakh Kilometers.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
How much would a Feb 2009, Optra Magnum LT, run 38,000KM cost?

I plan to use the vehicle for atleast 8-9 years, which should cover about 1-1.5 Lakh Kilometers.
The car is already 2 years old; if you plan to keep for 9 years, you'd have to spend considerably on maintenance.

Although I'm not very sure about Optra, from personal experience of owning a Corsa, I know that GM parts are not cheap. After 40k kms, the expenses on replacements are quite considerable.

If not for car condition, do consider the cost of ownership/maintenance.

Also, the car has run 38k kms already so a lot of parts would be up for replacement soon (either 40k or 50k kms).

2 owners within 2 years already? What's the reason?

I don't think pre-owned GM cars are a good option if you want to keep them for almost a decade.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 13th October 2011 at 15:54.
Old 13th October 2011, 17:29   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The car is already 2 years old; if you plan to keep for 9 years, you'd have to spend considerably on maintenance.

Although I'm not very sure about Optra, from personal experience of owning a Corsa, I know that GM parts are not cheap. After 40k kms, the expenses on replacements are quite considerable.

If not for car condition, do consider the cost of ownership/maintenance.

Also, the car has run 38k kms already so a lot of parts would be up for replacement soon (either 40k or 50k kms).

2 owners within 2 years already? What's the reason?

I don't think pre-owned GM cars are a good option if you want to keep them for almost a decade.
I was planning to go for a Swift Zdi, which is 7,08,000/- here. Another catch is, I got a 2003 model ford ikon 1.3 petrol for 97,000 from the same showroom for using till I got the swift. As the ikon is not registered in my name yet, I can still give that back and take the optra.

The reason for two owners they said was upgrading to higher end, I have some trust in First choice, so I guess they would not be lying. I am expecting 50k for its servicing/tyres in the next 2 years. Since its still 1.5 lacks cheaper than the new swift for more space, power.

Still in two minds and I don't have too much time.
Old 15th October 2011, 22:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Sedan Accent in my life

After selling off my Spark, I was looking for a used Sedan with a budget of 3.0 lakhs so started doing a search through known friends, used car dealers and other sources. My driving requirement would be like an average 300 km per month. Photos of my pre-owned sedan Accent, 2007 model, took the delivery of vehicle today
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a *used* budget Sedan-7.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-2.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-3.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-4.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-5.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-9.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-10.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-14.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-15.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-16.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-22.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-20.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-23.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-24.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-17.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-12.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-8.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-21.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-img101.jpg  

Buying a *used* budget Sedan-img110.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2011 at 15:41. Reason: Fixing quote tag
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 17:27   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Update

Finally a second Honda at home

Got a "preloved" 2007 Honda City vtec from a fellow T-BHPian today.
Ownership thread and pictures to follow, very soon.
Old 14th December 2011, 18:57   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Update

Finally a second Honda at home

Got a "preloved" 2007 Honda City vtec from a fellow T-BHPian today.
Ownership thread and pictures to follow, very soon.

congratulations !!

waiting for your ownership thread.
Old 14th December 2011, 22:27   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congratulations !!

waiting for your ownership thread.
Thanks dear.
Ownership thread is here
Old 30th January 2012, 05:27   #70
BHPian

Hey guys! Have a small question. Does it make any kinda sense to go for a very well maintained Honda City 1.5 vTech(2003) for about 3.0 Lakhs? First owner, done 82k as per the advert. More info on the car can
be found at the following link.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S263611
Old 30th January 2012, 14:08   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hey guys! Have a small question. Does it make any kinda sense to go for a very well maintained Honda City 1.5 vTech(2003) for about 3.0 Lakhs?
Worth, if your requirement is "driving pleasure" rathen than "a sedan to commute"
Old 30th January 2012, 14:46   #72
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the reply Mr.Boss.

Well, we don't really need a car at this point. However, my racket-y, noisy, bone jarring 5 year old P-150 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Problems creeping in every other minute. And we are going to buy a house in the coming month or so. Hence the shortage of funds. Otherwise the plan was to go for a pre-worshipped Civic .

My main concern however, is the reliability of the car at 82k km's. I know most people say that engines made by Honda are extremely reliable, and I completely agree with that. Still, what about the other components? Such as the brakes, and the steering, and the suspension, and the AC? How much beating will they have taken in these 82k km's? And I wonder how much extra would I have to shell out for carrying out repairs for a model that's no longer in production. Will Honda A.S.S have spares and all? What do you think?

Thanks again for replying Much appreciated.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:47   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My main concern however, is the reliability of the car at 82k km's. I know most people say that engines made by Honda are extremely reliable, and I completely agree with that. Still, what about the other components? Such as the brakes, and the steering, and the suspension, and the AC? How much beating will they have taken in these 82k km's? And I wonder how much extra would I have to shell out for carrying out repairs for a model that's no longer in production. Will Honda A.S.S have spares and all? What do you think?
Spares will not and should not be a problem with Honda; especially for City.

You should check out the service history in detail to check out what has been replaced and what needs to be done. Brake pads would be nearing wear out, if the car has been driven on bad roads consistently, the steering mount and suspension bushes would be rattling. Also, clutch, batteries and tyres all should have been replaced at least once by now.

Reliability won't be an issue really.

But I still feel 3k is quite a bit for a ~9 yr old, 82k kms run car.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:31   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Spares will not and should not be a problem with Honda; especially for City.

You should check out the service history in detail to check out what has been replaced and what needs to be done. Brake pads would be nearing wear out, if the car has been driven on bad roads consistently, the steering mount and suspension bushes would be rattling. Also, clutch, batteries and tyres all should have been replaced at least once by now.

Reliability won't be an issue really.

But I still feel 3k is quite a bit for a ~9 yr old, 82k kms run car.
Libran, thats the kind of premium this car does command.
I found out when i was shopping around.
If its an enthusiast, who has kept it well, they just dont budge from the price.
They know it will be picked up.

its a great car, and the iconic status being as it is, it is still a car that was amazing for its time.
Now, at least on performance basis, its been left far behind.
interiors look dated, very definitely.

Quote:
Hey guys! Have a small question. Does it make any kinda sense to go for a very well maintained Honda City 1.5 vTech(2003) for about 3.0 Lakhs? First owner, done 82k as per the advert. More info on the car can
be found at the following link.

Used 2003 Honda City Old VTEC (S263611) for sale in Chennai - CarWale
Hey sourav, you have to take a dekko in person.
The photos seem to show a car thats just out of the service centre, or at least a thorough wash.
also the pictures, especially the front and front three quarters look touched on the bonnet at least.

apart from that , the guys the first owner.
and then he has dropped a pretty penny, especially on the civic(aren't they?) wheels.
A thrasher/blinger would have gone for probably chromed out or sorts wheels, but he's put in honda one's, and they do look classy on the car.

Looks to me to be a cared for car, much like most of us treat our cars.

do try and negotiate for the price, but i dont think even 2.5 would be a bad deal, provided all the underpinnings(apart from the engine) check out.

I hope you catch this .
Old 30th January 2012, 16:49   #75
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys! Much appreciated .
Will check out the car ASAP and let you know. I know that the 1.5 vtec does command a premium. And good vtec's are hard to come by these days. And that's precisely the reason why I'm lusting after this one .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks