Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:34   #1
mvj

Planning to buy Hyundai Accent

Hi,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Accent GLE or GLS model. I will appreciate if anyone can give me +ve and -ve points from their experiences.

Thanks,
MVJ
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj
Hi,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Accent GLE or GLS model. I will appreciate if anyone can give me +ve and -ve points from their experiences.

Thanks,
MVJ
\

HANG ON!!... They are launching the Verna with a smacker of an engine (birdie sayz its the 1.6VVTi) The entire car is supposed to dynamically an extrememly well sorted out package with more room, bells, whistles, etc, etc... They want it to be a HONDA BUSTER - knowing Hyundai that means you will get a LOT more BANG for your Buck!

All this is set for a late June/ early July launch...

My Penny's worth... Worth waiting for!

Last edited by kb100 : 2nd March 2006 at 21:40.
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Verna gonna be a costlier option. GLE is VFM. VVFM.

-ve, they say the back bench aint so comfy.
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why not have a look at Fiesta 1.4? Check the reviews about Fiesta elsewhere in the forum......
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj
Hi,

Thanks,
MVJ

why buy something that is due replacement in a 2-3 months time?

There are newer and better products in the market for the same price range.

The new accent sucks though. Too small and the new platform is hatchback based.
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:26   #6
BHPian

If you're going in for the Accent, stick to GLE... The GLS may have a bigger engine, but its still not fun to drive... and you're shelling out more only for the engine... specs wise, I don't think there's any difference between the GLE and GLS
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:50   #7
BANNED

MVJ what's your budget and what are your preferences in a car - performance or fuel efficient, compact or lots of space, image or VFM etc etc?

It will give us a better idea of what will suit you best.

Like everyone says, the Accent is being phased out in a few months. That has its pros and cons.

On the pro side, it means Hyundai will give big discounts.

On the con side, well it wil be an old generation car, so image and resale won't be so great.

Like I said, let us know what you're looking for and we'll be able to help you better.

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 3rd March 2006 at 11:04.
Old 3rd March 2006, 11:27   #8
BHPian

Hey MVJ.
Other than the addtnl the addtnl Over head Cam, 100 cc and 9 PS the GLS also comes with ABS. Dont think there is any more to it which makes it different from the GLE.

Other than the ageing looks, the not so sharp handling, the gear ratios and a less refined engine makes it lose out to the others in the segment.
Spend a 50k more and you will get the viva la crdi which is more vfm with a raspy engine that returns fundoo mileage. ( Only if you like diesels!!)

cheers
Old 3rd March 2006, 11:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spend a 50k more and you will get the viva la crdi which is more vfm with a raspy engine that returns fundoo mileage. ( Only if you like diesels!!)
If u dont like diesels, go in for the 1.6 Viva. That one comes fully loaded and witht he discounts on offer (last heard, they were offering 40K n del) this one is good VFM. Plus viva has marginally bettwe dynamics than GLE or GLS on accont of 185 profile 14 inchers and a stiffer suspension.

I wouldnt worry too much about phase outs since Hyundai may just sell the present accent alongside the Verna. lus, spares are not going to be a problem since the accent is being manufactured in India, as opposed to an import.

Resal- The resale of teh accent sucks as it is so phasing out, if at all wont have too great an impact.
Old 3rd March 2006, 12:04   #10
BHPian

No doubt about the fact that GLE is better VFM than GLS. For 1.6 better go for VIVA petrol. And no, accent is not goin to be phased out. Verna will be launched alongside. Of course, the back-seat is a wee bit low, but on the whole I have felt is a good overall buy, with something for everyone. And you get good cheap Hyundai service as well. Mine just completed 4500kms trouble-free.

But if you would like to be seen around in a "latest model" vehicle, then go ahead and check out Fiesta 1.4. It's bit more spacious than Accent, though at a higher price.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:01   #11
BHPian

Frnd,plzzz stay away from the 1.6l accents...it $ucks big time.All those R 101ps R just sheer show and no go.donno abt the 1.5l.there is literally no life until 3.5K rpm.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

have you had a look at the ford fiesta?
Old 6th March 2006, 11:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj
Hi,

Thanks,
MVJ
Hi mvj

They're nice cars, but they're definitely ageing and overdue for replacements. Why dont you take a look at the newer cars available now, particularly the 1.4 Fiesta?
Old 6th March 2006, 11:39   #14

Hi there,

I too am facing the same dilemaa. I originally was going in for the Fiesta 1.4 but after hearing horror stories about Ford after sales service and cost of parts etc I decided not to. The Accent was the next best option as I cant stand the New Honda City's looks. But ever since I've heard about the accent being phased out I've been a lil' sceptical. Although people are telling me that its nothing to worry about. So far now the Accent GLE seems to be the best value for money.

If anyone else would be able to help me through this difficult decision, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 6th March 2006, 12:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric
So far now the Accent GLE seems to be the best value for money.
Yes I've been told that it is terrific VFM. Whats the pricing like?

Most Viewed