Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 12:45   #31
BHPian

Sdp1975: Sorry for the delay, somehow got the bill from the gentleman. Here it is;

Name:  ForumRunner_20120106_124318.png
Views: 5171
Size:  415.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120106_124135.png
Views: 5103
Size:  438.7 KB
Old 6th January 2012, 13:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a used Fiat Linea (diesel) a good buy

No doubt it is a well built car but in my opinion the ODO meter reading is on a higher side specially if you are planning to keep this car for another 8 years. I feel for peace of mind the car should not be older than 3 years and should be less than 35k kms. It should be at a good price then you can call it a good deal.

With so many new models coming in recently you'll sure get many good deals in second hand market.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:55   #33

Friends, I am planning to buy a used Linea MJD and have come across a May 2011 Emotion pack model run only 15000 Kms at ask price of Rs. 7 lacs. The owner is having loan with a bank. I am going to check the service record of the car with my friend at Tata service center tomorrow, but not sure if it has completed the 1st service. I have not yet checked the vehicle in person, but my friend at tata service will join me next week for this.

I would need expert advice from members on this on the following points:
1) Is this a good price?
2) How to deal with the loan situation? What is the safe method to get it transferred in my name?
3) How do I check if there is any accident history especially if it is not done through authorised service center.
4) Any other point that I should need to consider.

Ideally I would have gone for the new Linea, but considering the uncertainty around Fiat, I do not want to take that risk, but can settle with well maintained used Linea for just for pleasure of driving it. I plan to keep the car for another 2-3 years with annual run of 20K.

Thank you in advance for valuable inputs
Old 30th July 2012, 16:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzombie View Post
Friends, I am planning to buy a used Linea MJD and have come across a May 2011 Emotion pack model run only 15000 Kms at ask price of Rs. 7 lacs.
What is the color? There is a Nov 11 manufactured Linea MJD EP (white) in stock with a dealer. I can help you get it for 1.7 lakh + to the price you are getting a used one. Do let me know if you are OK with it.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2012, 12:58   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
What is the color? There is a Nov 11 manufactured Linea MJD EP (white) in stock with a dealer. I can help you get it for 1.7 lakh + to the price you are getting a used one. Do let me know if you are OK with it.

Cheers
The colour is Tuscan wine. 7+1.7= 8.7 Lac which is close to new 2012 Linea price. I would prefer to buy the new Linea at that price point.
Old 31st July 2012, 16:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The colour is Tuscan wine. 7+1.7= 8.7 Lac which is close to new 2012 Linea price. I would prefer to buy the new Linea at that price point.
Buddy,
I guess something is not right here. From the FIAT India website, I can see that 2012 Linea- Emotion has an ex-showroom of price of 9.6 lakhs. Add to this the insurance and road tax which will be close to 10 % (7 % + 3%). So, we are talking of 10.55 lakhs on road price.

Even if you were to consider all discounts possible, there will still be a healthy gap b/w the Linea EP 2011 & Linea E 2012.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2012, 20:18   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja

Buddy,
I guess something is not right here. From the FIAT India website, I can see that 2012 Linea- Emotion has an ex-showroom of price of 9.6 lakhs. Add to this the insurance and road tax which will be close to 10 % (7 % + 3%). So, we are talking of 10.55 lakhs on road price.

Even if you were to consider all discounts possible, there will still be a healthy gap b/w the Linea EP 2011 & Linea E 2012.

Cheers
Friend,
Trust me if I am going to consider even rs 2Lac difference I would certainly go with new Linea, because it is NEW! and of course added features, GC etc. Moreover, I do not see much difference between the two cars in question and the premium for Nov 2011 car is not justified because when I sell the car after 3years, both of them would fetch the almost same price. If it was 2012 model I would have given a thought about it. Thanks for sharing
Old 31st July 2012, 22:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I am planning to buy a used Linea MJD and have come across a May 2011 Emotion pack model run only 15000 Kms at ask price of Rs. 7 lacs.
1) Is this a good price?
i think there is some room for negotiation, browse around the forum and you'd find that few members have recently bought late 2010/early 2011 Linea Diesel for 5.5-6.5 lac range. also, near my home there are couple of used car dealers and i have seen a very good condition linea diesel with 29k on ODO getting sold for 6 lac.
Old 30th September 2012, 18:57   #39
BHPian

Hey friends, need your help with this car I saw today.
FoxTrot Azure, 2010 Mar, Linea MJD emo pack, single owner, run 47000kms.
The car is at Kharghar, owned by decent family and driven from there to Bandra Kurla Complex, hence the odo reading.Asking price is 6lacs.

I inspected the car and the engine, suspension, clutch don't seen to have any issue. Service history is partial.

Issues I found was with the hard steering, crack on the rear bumper left bottom corner and the right rear door is repainted because of a dent from a stone that flew from under the truck tyre and a few scratches on the rear left door.
Now the question I have is what is a good price, they are not desperate neither in a hurry, so not a lot of room for negotiation. And knowing the build quality of the modern Fiats and having owned a Punto in the past, I have doubts on a rogue projectile causing damage. I was not shown the bills for its repairs. There was a No Claims Bonus in the latest insurance though.

What do you guys think? Shud I ask for more evidence? Does it look like a decent buy for 5.75-6lacs?
Old 1st October 2012, 12:08   #40
BHPian

Take it to a trusted mechanic and have it evaluated thoroughly. Fiat cars age better than most other cars (problems coming up with age). You have experienced this with your Palio. I dont think you need to worry about the MJD engine. Its one of the best in the segment and drives non FIAT cars too. The only thing you need to worry about is the resale value (which I would ignore).
Old 1st October 2012, 12:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey friends, need your help with this car I saw today.
FoxTrot Azure, 2010 Mar, Linea MJD emo pack, single owner, run 47000kms.
e bills for its repairs. There was a No Claims Bonus in the latest insurance though.

What do you guys think? Shud I ask for more evidence? Does it look like a decent buy for 5.75-6lacs?
6 Lacs for a 2010 is more or less near fair value. Not a deal that is so lucrative that you can't let it go.

Are the sellers open to you having the car examined at a Fiat Service facility? If so, given the partial service history a thorough check is very advisable. Also if possible do look out for any evidence of accident repairs.
RS_DEL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 11:30   #42

Hi Zenster,

Just wanted to know if you took this ahead?
How did it go for you?

The car is still available, as far as I know.

Thank you
Nilesh
Old 24th April 2014, 15:26   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at a used Linea Emotion pack, 2010 done 35k on the odo. The guy's asking for 5L. What do you reckon I should close it for? This is in Bangalore.
Old 24th April 2014, 15:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking at a used Linea Emotion pack, 2010 done 35k on the odo. The guy's asking for 5L. What do you reckon I should close it for? This is in Bangalore.
From Delhi standards price seems quite high. Fiats are least wanted in the second hand market and Linea tops it. (Punto still has some fan following).

One listing from TBHP classifieds at 3.75L.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Linea.html/

cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 23:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I cannot advise you on Bangalore prices (don't fiats enjoy much greater demand in Bangalore and Chennai than in Delhi?).

But i will say that if the car's a diesel, has been kept well and especially if the clutch slave cylinder has been replaced under warranty to the new design that is trouble free: go for it, try and clinch it.

I say this only because it has only done 35k in 4 years. I have a 2010 petrol Linea that has done much more than twice that mileage and has NOT aged AT ALL !
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed