Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 17:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Is a used Fiat Linea (diesel) a good buy

Is a used Fiat Linea, 2013 model (Linea Classic) T-jet top end version, 37000 kms run so far a good buy at 5.5 lakhs? I saw this ad in olx and the owner seemed genuine and not a dealer. He is not budging from his fixed price of 5.5 lakhs and also says he is not in an hurry to sell. He is upgrading to Automatic and told me as the reason for selling

Have not looked into the car as yet and probably will go tomorrow to see. Do you think it is a fair price for the 2nd hand machine
Old 4th May 2018, 17:56   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Is a used Fiat Linea, 2013 model (Linea Classic) T-jet top end version, 37000 kms run so far a good buy at 5.5 lakhs?
On the higher side for a Fiat. More than the car, the servicing should also be on your to-check list.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 21:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
On the higher side for a Fiat. More than the car, the servicing should also be on your to-check list.
Thanks condor. Agree the price is on the higher side for a Fiat. When browsing through the second hand cars I see even similarly old Honda city being sold at that price.

I am driving a Punto since 2009 and hence know the shortcomings of the Fiat service. Of late, my kids have grown up and are demanding more space on the rear seat and that was the only reason considering the Linea. I donot intend to splurge on a brand new sedan for the next five years atleast and hence considering the second hand option with a max budget of 5 lakhs for now.

My wife is also against spending 5.5L on a second hand car. I think I will push the decision by another three years and live with the Punto until then. Thanks for your advice anyway.
Old 4th May 2018, 21:44   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will push the decision by another three years and live with the Punto until then. Thanks for your advice anyway.
Since you are familiar with Fiats, I suggest you try for this. Look at what price you are comfortable with, then check what similar cars are going for - and then negotiate with the seller. The need for space is real, esp with a family. Also, you would be selling the Punto - so you could look at the difference in these prices,and check what max amount you can put in additionally to get the Linea
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 23:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi all is a 2009 Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD that has run for 92k kms a good buy for 2.5 lakhs provided mechanically its sound. Idea is to use this car for 1.5 lakh kms.
Old 29th August 2018, 23:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi all is a 2009 Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD that has run for 92k kms a good buy for 2.5 lakhs provided mechanically its sound. Idea is to use this car for 1.5 lakh kms.
2.5 lakhs is expensive. Try to negotiate and get it to 1.7 lakhs. You need to keep some 80K separate if in case something has to go wrong.

The car should hold more than 1.5 lakh kms but you need to be confident about its past service and usage. Take an expert mechanics advice before making the purchase. It is a must with Fiat and Chevrolet cars now in India.
Old 10th January 2019, 13:45   #67
BHPian

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, mods please let me know if it needs to be moved somewhere else.

I am getting a Sep 2016 Linea MJD Emotion for 7L, run for about 45K KMs. Is it a good buy? I have driven the vehicle and it seemed in good condition.
Old 10th January 2019, 14:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, mods please let me know if it needs to be moved somewhere else.

I am getting a Sep 2016 Linea MJD Emotion for 7L, run for about 45K KMs. Is it a good buy? I have driven the vehicle and it seemed in good condition.

7L is too costly for a 2nd hand Linea MJD. I would pay 5.5L and extend to 5.7L max if the car is in really good condition. Check the service history properly before finalizing the deal. Is this car sold by owner or dealer? If dealer, you need to be wary of the kms shown in MID. But 45k KMS in 3 years look authentic
Old 10th January 2019, 14:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
7L is too costly for a 2nd hand Linea MJD. I would pay 5.5L and extend to 5.7L max if the car is in really good condition. Check the service history properly before finalizing the deal. Is this car sold by owner or dealer? If dealer, you need to be wary of the kms shown in MID. But 45k KMS in 3 years look authentic
THanks Gopi for the fast reply. The car is being sold by the owner itself.
Old 10th January 2019, 20:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
THanks Gopi for the fast reply. The car is being sold by the owner itself.
Since it is direct from owner, I would be tempted to extend offer to about 6L for a very well maintained car and covered under extended warranty. Also, please confirm the state you are from. If Karnataka, the RTO charges for a new Linea itself is around 1.3 lakhs. Hence 6L might be justified. But if from other states where road tax is lower, then you should consider max price <6L

Nevertheless, at 45K on the odo, the Linea has a long life ahead of it once maintained properly and a wonderful car. As of now, with 99rpm.com around, I have not faced any issues with the spares so far. All the best with your purchasing decision.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 15:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Since it is direct from owner, I would be tempted to extend offer to about 6L for a very well maintained car and covered under extended warranty. Also, please confirm the state you are from. If Karnataka, the RTO charges for a new Linea itself is around 1.3 lakhs. Hence 6L might be justified. But if from other states where road tax is lower, then you should consider max price <6L

Nevertheless, at 45K on the odo, the Linea has a long life ahead of it once maintained properly and a wonderful car. As of now, with 99rpm.com around, I have not faced any issues with the spares so far. All the best with your purchasing decision.
The car is MH registration. Also, i am not sure what happens to the remaining warranty. Will Fiat honor the remaining warranty even if the car has changed hands?
Old 11th January 2019, 15:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is MH registration. Also, i am not sure what happens to the remaining warranty. Will Fiat honor the remaining warranty even if the car has changed hands?
Re-registration is not worth it man. Look for a same-state car. If you owned it and it is of sentimental value, then its worth the effort. I wouldn't put this effort for an used car.

Warranty has nothing to do with the registration, so that's not a problem at all.

If you really want a Linea, buy it first hand. With Fiat brand almost at the exit door, there should be big discounts if any dealer has available stock. This should be a better buy on long term than an used car demanding 6-7L
Old 11th January 2019, 15:52   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Re-registration is not worth it man. Look for a same-state car. If you owned it and it is of sentimental value, then its worth the effort. I wouldn't put this effort for an used car.

Warranty has nothing to do with the registration, so that's not a problem at all.

If you really want a Linea, buy it first hand. With Fiat brand almost at the exit door, there should be big discounts if any dealer has available stock. This should be a better buy on long term than an used car demanding 6-7L
Sorry i forgot to mention i am also in MH so it would be just transferring ownership.
Old 11th January 2019, 16:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry i forgot to mention i am also in MH so it would be just transferring ownership.
Since you explicitly mentioned, I thought you were in KA
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 17:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Since you explicitly mentioned, I thought you were in KA
Infact i have been offered one more Linea, Its a April 2017 MJD Emotion run around 20K. The owner wants 7+ for it so a bit confused now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks