Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2006, 14:10   #1
BHPian

Help me decide - Baleno / Fiesta / Aveo ?

Hello Team members,
Please help me decide between-
1) Baleno LXI
2) Fiesta ZXI
3) Aveo -yet to be launched.

Pls note F.E. is not a concern,concern is the drive quality.I need a real power tank and budget is approx 6.5 - 6.8 Lakh.

Iam driving an Indica DLS and fed up with its sluggishness.

I have test driven the Baleno and fiesta, the power is feel is almost same in both.
Just cant decide between both. Shld i really wait for the aveo? Anybody thinks it will be better than the said 2?

Owners pls give comment.

Thnks
Old 4th March 2006, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

fiesta 1.4 or 1.6
Old 4th March 2006, 14:42   #3
BHPian

Take the BALENO ..................
Old 4th March 2006, 14:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Always wait for a new model if its in the offing:

1. You get one more choice

2. The older models start offering discounts

3. You wont regret your decision after a couple of months

Therefore I suggest you wait for the Aveo release. If it isnt exciting enough, I suggest you go for the Fiesta. Baleno is old, and I personally wouldnt buy an old model when there are two or more modern equivalents just because some people are excited about it.
Old 4th March 2006, 17:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is too old now for being a worthy investment. So it has to be Fiesta, however ford has not been famous for its ASS, resale or spares. So although you would get a new quality product with good power, at the same time u should be prepared that compared to Baleno ford would have a slightly higher cost of running. I guess you could also try Elantra, last I heard petrol Elantra is 6.9 lakh ex showroom, since u are not concerned about FE, elantra would give u ABS, EBD, etc along with being a much bigger car. Lastly choice is very limited, I dont feel Aveo would be able to challenge Fiesta, so go ahead with your decision now, things wont change in the near future, unless u are willing to wait 10 years, as it will take 10 years for Indian market to have decent choice.
Old 4th March 2006, 17:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Like Steeroid said if you can wait, why not?
Aveo is surely going to be a good car & will have 92BHP engine (same as corsa?)

Out of Baleno & Fiesta, I would choose Fiesta because its a nice place to be. And also is a modern car compared to Baleno.

But I would suggest you to wait till Aveo comes to showroom.
Old 4th March 2006, 22:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

For pure performance and driving, the Baleno. For anytin elz the Fiesta or the Aveo.
Old 5th March 2006, 07:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
Hello Team members,
Please help me decide between-
1) Baleno LXI
2) Fiesta ZXI
3) Aveo -yet to be launched.

Pls note F.E. is not a concern,concern is the drive quality.I need a real power tank and budget is approx 6.5 - 6.8 Lakh.

Iam driving an Indica DLS and fed up with its sluggishness.

I have test driven the Baleno and fiesta, the power is feel is almost same in both.
Just cant decide between both. Shld i really wait for the aveo? Anybody thinks it will be better than the said 2?

Owners pls give comment.

Thnks
you are tired of the sluggishness of the indica dls. hence you would like a smoother petrol engine.

with a budget of 7.0 lakhs that you have you can look at

ford fiesta. While not exactly as refined as the japanese cars this one is an allrounder. good FE, good performance, good interiors and exteriors.

maruti baleno- look at the vxi fully loaded with auto a/c and 14" alloys. The base model also makes a good buy. the NEW BHARAT-III loses out 4hp and is not a screamer in competition anymore.

mitsubishi lancer now at 6.8 ex-showroom is a better vfm. resale is better than baleno and power at 87hp keeps competition. torque is better at 13.5kgm than 13.2 in baleno. Fuel efficiency is same.newer car than baleno but interiors a but dated. handling is superb and the flat torque helps in city. after driving your sluggish indica you will love this most refined, smooth and slick engine in the segment.

chevrolet engines are not exactly meant for performance but good for cruising on the highways. Check them out before buying any car

Btw a newer car is always welcome. Look at the aveo or fiesta for a new car or a baleno or lancer for a tried and tested product.
Old 5th March 2006, 11:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Like Steeroid said if you can wait, why not?
Aveo is surely going to be a good car & will have 92BHP engine (same as corsa?)
Adya - But the Aveo wont be half the fun to drive car like the other 2. Case in point is the Corsa - similar specs to the 1.6 ikon but felt damn sluggish compared to the ikon.

Coming back to the question - yes its better to wait and check out more options like Steeroid and Adya said but I feel you better make a choice between the Baleno and Fiesta. Take the Fiesta - a better , more modern car than the Baleno anyday. The baleno looks and feels outdated anyways .....
Old 5th March 2006, 11:51   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Fiesta is WAY superior to the Baleno in areas that count : everything from the build quality to interiors to chassis dynamics to ride quality.

Just go ahead with the Fiesta

GTO
Old 5th March 2006, 12:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Adya - But the Aveo wont be half the fun to drive car like the other 2. Case in point is the Corsa - similar specs to the 1.6 ikon but felt damn sluggish compared to the ikon.
N_C but there is slight chance that Aveo might be better than corsa despite same engine.
Since netarchie isn't in hurry to buy, why not wait?
Old 5th March 2006, 12:42   #12
BHPian

yeah fiesta in black wud rock eh?

n yeah 1.6 plz

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by ported_head : 5th March 2006 at 12:51.
Old 5th March 2006, 13:56   #13
BHPian

thanks

thanks everybody for your replies, i just went to the maruti showroom...
they are offering the new baleno Lxi for 5.98 Lakhs on road till 31st march.
is it worty buy?
does this make my situation any better??

and regarding the bhp of the new baleno which someone posted is 3 bhp less, for that the maruti staff says, its a misprint in the broucher and there is no differnece between the old and the new baleno bhp- its the same!!
thanks
Old 5th March 2006, 19:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
thanks everybody for your replies, i just went to the maruti showroom...
they are offering the new baleno Lxi for 5.98 Lakhs on road till 31st march.
is it worty buy?
does this make my situation any better??

and regarding the bhp of the new baleno which someone posted is 3 bhp less, for that the maruti staff says, its a misprint in the broucher and there is no differnece between the old and the new baleno bhp- its the same!!
thanks
I have seen the Baleno on road for 5.5 lakhs as well. Its a simple marketing rule, the cars that sell themselves, dont discount them. The cars that are dated, way past their shelf life, and dont sell like hot cakes, discount them, make them lucarative to the buyer. Simple law of marketing 101. However I would still refrain from buyin the Baleno, as in longer run, your reduced cost price is going to be offset by a low resale value. Plus the car is dated, so within an year, you would feel like you are driving an ancient machine, I can tell this from experience. Plus you would have to go for alloys and new tyres with Lxi, another 25 grand but with Fiesta, the tyre profile is ok, no upgrades are neccesary. Lastly, people buy a new car so that their product is new for a while, with Baleno, you will never get that feeling. 2 or 3 years later the car would look quite sad. If you are hell beant on still buying the Baleno, than buy it in black color and get some decent set of wheels.
I on the other hand will still recommend 1.6 Fiesta, its worth the extra lakh, although it will have higher cost of running than Baleno, but you will get the satisfaction of driving a new and contemporary product.

Or while you are it, why not try and get prices for Ford Fusion, its everything you have mentioned, smooth, fast 100ps, and has loads of space and is still quite new in design. Ford the last I checked was offering huge discounts on Fusion. I feel with all the attention fiesta is getting, there might be good deals on fusion, and it has the same power plant as for 1.6 fiesta. Only FE is slightly low around 9, but I think thats not your criteria.

Last edited by aseem : 5th March 2006 at 19:56.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:10   #15
BHPian

thanks again

Thanks aseem, for your kind words and advice. I will check out the fusion next week. i almost forgot it.
Any ways baleno is out of my list now as mentioned by you and others, as though i would be buying a new baleno, i wont have the "new" feeling.

thnsk once again.

hopefully my next post shld be about my new car!! insha allah!!

netarchie
Closed Thread

Most Viewed