Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Baleno-4.45lacs--STEAL

2005 baleno(blue),just 9k on the odo was sold for 4.45 lacs ,here in delhi.

The owner was going abroad,got sold immediately.
Couldn't post it on tbhp(market place),being a newbie :(

This is what i would call a steal,what do you guys think???

P.S-i did see the car,it was as good as new.

Last edited by dhirajs : 10th March 2006 at 11:30.
Old 10th March 2006, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
-I called up all the tata motors dealers. They said it will take one week to get the adventure for a test drive.
I will keep you guys updated. But it was nice to see a good start by tata, they have really spruced up the showroom with fiat signboards, they are atleast taking things a bit seriously. I hope this tie up goes well...

The issue of old car vs. new car always debatable. Infact the adventure available currently in India is already one generation older. I personally liked the Baleno over a lot of other cars despite being a 1995 car, (I own a 2003 M800 which dates back to 80's so its not a deciding factor for me.)
yes fiat is already a generation old and the new gen is also under testing.

but the current gen came in around 2001 so its not as dated as lets say the lancer or the baleno.

Interiors show their age now though.
Old 10th March 2006, 13:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Though not a Fiat user, from what I read on this forum, the Palio and Adventure seem to be good buys. More so with Tata firming up with Fiat, A.S.S. might no longer be the problem that has dissuaded lots of Fiat lovers from going for a Fiat.
I like both the Adventure and the Palio as far as looks go. And I am sure that even with some cons like low FE, it has other strong points which make up for that.
Old 10th March 2006, 22:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Warning:- with the pics of new gen palio there are chances that the current palio adventure may be phased out soon. Please check for this before buying. You wouldnt want your car's resale to be less than half in 2-3 years.
Old 11th March 2006, 13:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Warning:- with the pics of new gen palio there are chances that the current palio adventure may be phased out soon. Please check for this before buying. You wouldnt want your car's resale to be less than half in 2-3 years.
with fiat's current reputation in the indian market, palio's resale prices have already hit rock-bottom - regardless of any new model coming in
Old 11th March 2006, 13:57   #36
BHPian

To make people feel that they are revitalised, FIAT would come with new model soon....All FIAT's model's in india show their age from inside and outside....Baleno too has been replaced by LIANA in many countries..... better option would be to stay away from these two as resale value would be very bad after 2-3 yrs
Old 11th March 2006, 13:58   #37
BHPian

Ok Can somebody tell me how to a legal certificate to have dark tints on your car glass.....
Old 11th March 2006, 22:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
To make people feel that they are revitalised, FIAT would come with new model soon....All FIAT's model's in india show their age from inside and outside....Baleno too has been replaced by LIANA in many countries..... better option would be to stay away from these two as resale value would be very bad after 2-3 yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
with fiat's current reputation in the indian market, palio's resale prices have already hit rock-bottom - regardless of any new model coming in

A car lover doesnt buy a car based on the resale value. It is certainly a concern when purchasing a new car. But it should not be one of the major deciding factors.

My concern is the coming in of the new car.

Fiat palios still loook pretty new from outside. The story is not the same inside.
Old 12th March 2006, 12:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Baleno was introduced here after being discontinued everywhere else. and it was launched at about 8-9 lacs if i remember right . so if it is the same car as it was launched then in India - why dint it sell ? if the car is and was as good as everybody says - it should have sold for 9 lacs too. but it only started selling when the price came down to 5 lacs and people say its VFM. and if these so called people knew that the baleno was a good car , performance king , great ac then why dint they buy it when it was launched at 8-9 lacs ? why rush to buy it now when prices have reduced.

here - we buy the biggest and cheapest car and when we buy its the best !

its daylight robbery by MUL selling the Baleno at 7 lacs.
Old 13th March 2006, 00:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

yes it was robbery previously when the car was priced at 8lacs.
It was robbery when qualis was brought into the market at high price
it is robbery when Nissan tries to sell x-trail at 20+ lakhs.

But atleast baleno's price was corrected. An auto a/c,alloys and spoiler etc I guess justify the price to an extent. But I wouldnt buy one.
Old 15th March 2006, 00:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

my an\swers in caps below

Quote:
Hi Folks!,

I am just about to finalize the car. But I have some queries which I request the users to help me out:
1. Current discounts offered - 1 year insurance + Around 35K cash discount.
On road price around 6.7 for Lxi. After discount around 6.1-6.2
Have any forum members received better deals? I even read some in 5L bracket in this forum...
I PAID 5.2 LACS IN JUN 2005 IN HYD (EX SHOWROOM...NOT ON ROAD) FOR AN LXI...HOWEERVER, THE PRICES CHANGE EVERY MONTH
2. Is the 95K price diff to Vxi worth it? Being in the 7L bracket I feel it is closer to newer competition.
I BEILIEVE THAT LXI IS BETTER VFM THAN VXI...HOWEVER WITH CLIMATE CONTROL AND FACTORY FITTED ALLOYS/MP3 SYSTEM I WOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE VXI TODAY
3. I saw that the head room in the rear seat is less than ford ikon. But I am 6ft tall (and would be at the drivers seat..
) , and my family members are shorter...so it wont be a problem would it?
YOU ARE CORRECT. I AM 181 CMS AND YOU CAN MANAGE IN THE REAR SEAT IF YOU DONT PUT ANY THICK SEAT COVERS (THEY WILL REDUCE HEAD ROOM)
4. What are the best finance options available?
NO CLUE
5. Autocar had a confusing review, they mentioned that 13inch tires improve ride and 14inch tires offer better handling...so is it always one without the other?
NOT REALLY..THE TRICK IS TO GO FOR TUBELESS TYRES AND DONT GO OVERBOARD WITH FAT TYRES...SAY 185/65 R 14 (I HAVE GOODYEAR EAGLE NCT5) WITH PROVIDE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS...THE RIDE IS VERY GOOD AND SO IS THE GRIP.
6. I am assuming that maintenance costs are less... is that a wrong assumption?
GENERALLY YES..WHAT WITH MY BALENO SERVICE CHARGES RS 550 WHILE MY FIAT UNO GETS SERVICED FOR RS 1400 (ALL LABOR COST ONLY HERE)

Last edited by Buffetfan : 15th March 2006 at 00:27.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:10   #42
BHPian

Thanks Buffetfan for your inputs!...

I am slowly tilting towards the palio adventure... I had a loooooooooooong conversation with the sales guy (will meet him again today) and I'm just one step away from booking one.... (may be 2 ...my colleague is interested too!!!).... just one test drive changed a lot of equations!

From what I heard he said 2 adventures are already booked in the first week. they have already delivered 3 palios...but it may be typical sales bluff also....

Last edited by kvish : 16th March 2006 at 13:12.
Old 16th March 2006, 20:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am slowly tilting towards the palio adventure... I had a loooooooooooong conversation with the sales guy (will meet him again today) and I'm just one step away from booking one.... (may be 2 ...my colleague is interested too!!!).... just one test drive changed a lot of equations!

From what I heard he said 2 adventures are already booked in the first week. they have already delivered 3 palios...but it may be typical sales bluff also....
maybe the sales guy is bluffing and maybe not. People on the forums itself have leaned towards fiat after tata acquisition of dealer network.

2 adventures and 3 palios is not a bad figure relating to fiat but still less compared to competition.
Old 17th March 2006, 01:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best of luck...I owned a uno 1.2 l for 6 years (still own it) and am unlikely to buy another Fiat product anytime soon...while the car was good niggling problems and extremely indifferent service are part of the fiat experience....
My advise.... dont do it !! it is not worth it...(even the alliance with Tatas as they havent won any accolades for after sales service either) and bellieve me...you will surely have a niggling problem or two when the car is delivered to you...pre delivery inspection is not a word fiat is used to..

Last edited by Buffetfan : 17th March 2006 at 01:52.
Old 17th March 2006, 09:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

and still fiat has managed to turn profitable internationally

Most Viewed