Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 22:46   #151
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well considering that Tata and Fiat are equal partners/owners in the jv, you could say that the linea is 50% built by Tata and 50% by Fiat
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 23:21   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.

Impressive eye for detail, must say, I haven't done a PDI on my cars, till date. have owned three. I used to just ogle and have a go around and look in the boot and sign the papers and off I was. I haven't even seen whether the RC book and chassis numbers. I must have been a 'dunce'. After the PDI thread and the detail with which things were put down in TBHP did I start to take heed. Sandeep have fun and congrats. About 'society' saying something about you buying Fiat/petrol: TJet+ don't worry, 'society' didn't approve of the Elantra/petrol, when I bought it: City was the 'hot' then, even my used car dealer was asking me to go for the City. 6 years down the line I have proved 'society' wrong. I hope you also get to prove the 'majority' wrong with your experiences with Fiat and Tata.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th December 2011 at 23:35.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 01:25   #153
Senior - BHPian

I am following this thread very keenly and when I was just about to congratulate you and request you to kindly change the name of this thread as you have already bought the car, things went wrong with KHT motors and I thought you may not buy the car. But thankfully Prerana Motors saved the day for Fiat. Congratulations on your purchase.

I was going through the similar situation while deciding to buy the used Ford Fusion but after I finally went for it, I realized very soon that I have made a correct decision. After owning for almost two years I have not found its worthy replacement. I even sold it and bought Fusion+ later. Like someone replacing Linea T-Jet with Linea T-Jet+. You should not at all be bothered by resale value or image of Fiat if you intend to keep it for long term as the loss on resale value would be borne on the day of actual sale and till then it is nothing but hypothetical.

Anyway to refresh the mood I am posting one small observation which made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I cannot recall the gentleman's name but the lady was Ms. Sudha.
It was very obvious and natural with men, isn't it.
Old 12th December 2011, 08:49   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikk
- The first scratch on the front fender (the one highlighted in the pics) was pretty minor and a small rubbing session removed the color difference.
You are right. It was rubbed off by the Prerana gentleman in the red shirt who was standing with us.

Quote:
my doubt is whether a detailing session at 3M with a paint sealant layer application would remove these surface irregularities. It should ideally take care of this.
What will this cost? I have saved quite a bit from the down payment amount due to the new discounts available for this car and some accessories I had dropped.
Do you need to fix an appointment with 3M to do this? I am off to Chandigarh this weekend. My wife and 2 month old son are there. Going to bring them back I will be there for a week. Will return on 22nd and will immediately drive to Cochin to spend Christmas with my folks. The run in will be done on the road trip to cochin.

Quote:
- Door chrome accents on the driver's side are out of sync no doubt. The driver's door however open and close perfectly, unlike the previous car at KHT which had visible hinges, an uneven gap and was horribly fitted.
I wondering if I should call Praveen and tell him to ignore the chrome beading alignment problem.

Quote:
- For the Spoiler they (Fiat) keep see-sawing between the designs available, really crazy fellows at Fiat. I suggest you meet Mr. Mansoor at the accessories department there. He is a nice guy and will answer all your queries.
I did meet someone there. Do not know if his name was Mansoor. This man was on the heavier side. He gave me the usual answer that he can get the same spoiler as you have. I cannot take words for something so expensive. They had a spoiler but it was not the one you have nor the one on the Fiat India website. It did not have a stop lamp too.

Quote:
10k for the 3 pedals is atrocious!
Even if it was 10k, I would put in some serious thought as it is just a set of pedals. They look real tasty.

Quote:
P.S - Do a second PDI on the eve of registration.
Please don't tell me I need to do the entire process we did all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Sandeep you have shown amazing amount of faith , perseverance and love for Fiat , I doubt whether the car is so perfect that it deserves it. This especially when there are a whole lot of cars which are equally good or better than Fiat's offerings IMO
You are right. To me, this car is the best poor man's "Ultimate Driving Machine". I so want it only because it drives so well. Nothing at the price drives anywhere as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Coming to the topic of quality, just a pointer here. Apart from having a stake in the Ranjangaon plant and having some allocated capacity for Manzas, Tata's don't have anything to do with the quality levels at the plant. If someone has to own up, it is Fiat India, who sadly seem to have missed the plot over the past years.
I believe it is TATA who are responsible for the shoddy workmaship. You don't really feel any difference between the plastics used on a Vista, Manza or Linea. They feel the same. Fiat seems to have left everything to TATA. I do agree that Fiat need to be thrashed for this as well and I have highlighted this in the pdi two report.

Quote:
Not to take anything away from the beauty that you have committed to here, she is super hot in the pics and would look great with the bootlid(lip) spoiler. It is listed on the accesories page of Fiat India and in my view it suits the curvy Linea much better than the traditional wing. Do look it up.
I do not like the spoiler design on the website. The one Karthikk has on his Fiat is the one I want. The unit Prerana had was neither what was on Fiat India website nor the one Karthikk has on his Fiat. I have dropped this for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd View Post
Read Left Door uneven with the body
4. Boot had a bad gap on the left side
The door alignment on my car was perfect.

The boot had a bad gap on the left side of my car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don’t think this information is correct. Tata does only the sales and service right?
Right. However, the facility is owned by Tata and Fiat. It is a joint venture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
TATA builds FIAT cars?

I am sorry but where did you get that info?
Nowhere. What would you call a 50:50 joint venture of the facility to manufacture the cars? Going by the quality of fitment and plastics, they look no better than what is used in new generation Tata cars such as the Vista, Manza and Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Impressive eye for detail, must say, I haven't done a PDI on my cars, till date. have owned three. I used to just ogle and have a go around and look in the boot and sign the papers and off I was.
This is how it should be. You have been very lucky with all your cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

It was very obvious and natural with men, isn't it.
Hold on to the "congratulation's" part. I still do not have the car with me.

I genuinely did forget the gentleman's name.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 12th December 2011 at 08:51.
Old 16th December 2011, 20:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

Gentleman.....I took delivery of my Fiat yesterday evening. Prerana addressed all issues I had listed during my pre delivery inspection. The experience I have had with Prerana so far has been fantastic.

The team from Prerana who were involved with my car. From left to right, Ms. Sudha, Mr. Praveen - The Man, Mr. Srinivas, myself & Mr. Ananth. The gentleman on the extreme right just posed for the photograph. He is a Prerana employee.

Ms. Sudha and Mr. Praveen are the one's who were involved with the sale of my car. Mr. Srinivas and Mr. Ananth are from Prerana pre delivery inspection team. One fantastic team from Prerana.

Initial ownership report to follow soon.
Attached Thumbnails
To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.-p1020911_resize.jpg  

To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.-p1020923_rezize.jpg  

sandeepmohan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 21:00   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentleman.....I took delivery of my Fiat yesterday evening. Prerana addressed all issues I had listed during my pre delivery inspection. The experience I have had with Prerana so far has been fantastic.

The team from Prerana who were involved with my car. From left to right, Ms. Sudha, Mr. Praveen - The Man, Mr. Srinivas, myself & Mr. Ananth. The gentleman on the extreme right just posed for the photograph. He is a Prerana employee.

Ms. Sudha and Mr. Praveen are the one's who were involved with the sale of my car. Mr. Srinivas and Mr. Ananth are from Prerana pre delivery inspection team. One fantastic team from Prerana.

Initial ownership report to follow soon.
Congrats on buying the T-Jet(?)
The last picture has an aggressive stance
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 22:21   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So Congratulations again. My B-I-L took delivery of Tata Nano CX today evening from Prerana Motors for his dad. He was also happy with the overall buying experience, though not with the car as so much engine noise could be heard inside the car especially with all the windows up and AC is on. He felt he is driving an auto.
It feels good when we see 'Heart winning over the Head'. Hopefully Fiat and Prerana Motors continue the performance in long term and I feel they will.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 00:45   #158
BHPian

Congratulations Sandeep !!!!! Have been following your thread for quite some time and was surely a great experience you had there.

Wish you many happy miles on the Jet
naman07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 00:50   #159
BHPian

Congrats Sandeep. Finally you've got the T-Jet. This is the beauty of buying & owning a FIAT. Perseverance pays

I had to wait for 70 odd days to get my Palio after paying a booking amount and in just one year and a month the Odo reads 40270 kms
lloydofcochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:23   #160
BHPian

Re: To buy or not to buy a T Jet+. NOW BOUGHT.

Heartly Congrats Sandeep. Welcome to the club and wish you a very happy xx000 'MILES' in a year ! ...

Its time for a T-Jet meet I guess.. (We planned some time back but could not)

One note of caution- Despite there is no break-in needed, make a note that it is hard to make this car run slow. It will be difficult to sense 80 kmph even inside city with a km of open stretch. Beware that brakes and tires are not complementary.
I strongly recommend u get new set of tires (Yoko S drives like me) if u really want to add ++1 to you enjoyment.

Happy Flying !. We both have same color Jets.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 19th December 2011 at 13:24.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 21:47   #161
BHPian

Congrats Sandeep and welcome to the club. TJET is an awesome machine and will fulfill your adrenaline desires... Enjoy great miles with her.

Everytime you ignite her, its going to be mad fun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks