Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 00:07   #1

Used Fiat Adventure / Weekend

Hey all,

I havent bought myself a car yet ! The earlier confusion regarding the Baleno vs. the OHC was settled. I was on the lookout for a good Baleno but it occurred to me that if I am going to go in for a Baleno might as well go for a used Altura. I have always loved the idea of estate cars.... Anyway one thing led to another and I ended up reading about the fiat Adventure and kind of fell in love with it. From what I have read so far it is a great vehicle from a performance, driving pleasure, some off-roading & character stand point! I love the rugged looks ! Specially of the sports version available these days (I plan to buy a used adventure & have it done up looks wise exactly like the sports version... with K&N , free flow & tire /alloy upgrade (if requred) of course) What I am now thinking is that instead of going in for a Baleno or OHC I might as well pick up a used Esteem or Zen for daily driving & pick up a used Adventure or Weekend for the weekend / outstation driving..... I can manage both within the budget of a decent Baleno or OHC. I plan to hunt for a good 98-2000 esteem / zen with low mileage on the odo. Any criticism / feedback on the idea of owning these 2 vehicles instead of a Baleno or OHC is welcome. There may be stuff I havent thought of.....

Also, I need help on the following -

1. Adventure - I couldnt find a detailed owners report on it except for the one posted by Zaphod. Zaphod I would love it if you could post a long term ownership review. How does it fare now after so many years?

2. Any pointers or things to watch out for when looking for the Zen / Esteem / Adventure / Weekend. Of course if any one has any specific cars in mind I would love to check them out.

3. Maintanence Figures for the Adventure / Weekend ???

Thanks a ton for all the help guys !

- Andre
Old 12th March 2006, 21:54   #2
BHPian

Well, there nothing much to add to my review for the adventure.

a few points if i've missed out :

1. the tyres are worn out - the dirt oriented pirellis's wear out fast and are quite delicate actualy - in 30K kms - 2 have been damamged so much that i've had to put tubes in them - will be going in for a tyre change sometime this month.

2. Parts might be a problem - especially the hella fogs - the engine is the same as the other palio 1.6's so it shouldnt be much trouble. Th egears do have diofferent ratios though and the suspension is also different - softer with more travel.

but overall - the car is impossible to beat on our highways - it's fast enough for the smooth stretches and has enough torque, GC and tthe right read pattern for the rougher spots - it's better than buying a 2WD SUV.

We havent had any trouble as such - one part was changed - i dont recall which as i dont drive it much - cost Rs 3000 - I dont kno what it is but it has the spaces for the spark plugs (distributor ?)

Other problems you might face are mysterious leaks of power steering fluid - keep a bottle of Castrol TQ in the car always and as I mentioned, the OEM tyres wear out quite fast - 30K and mine are completely worn out and damaged badly.

but if you travel a lot on highways , you will love this car , in the city, turning is a pain due to the large turning circle.

The seats are comfy - not snug like the baleno's - ytou sit on them, not 'in' them and the rear headrests prevent sleeping easily- they're upright - i prefer removing them on long trips when i have to catch some zzz's .

all in all , a great car - not as fast as a baleno but not much slower - has immense road presence and looks - the interiors are the same as other palios (except with a faux silver/aluminium finish), the gearbox is smooth and you defintely feel safe na dwell planted at any speeds.

I have the baleno as well - it's a more boy racer type car but the adventure is perhaps a better all rounder.

call me or PM me if you wanna know more...

cheers

zaphod
Old 13th March 2006, 00:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

A used Fiat Adventure must be hard to come by though you may find an odd weekend around somewhere.
Old 2nd August 2006, 21:44   #4
BHPian

If you are still open go for a altura nothing to beat it, again this a personal view. You may want to differ at your own risk cheers all the best do keep us posted on developments
Old 3rd August 2006, 22:23   #5
BHPian

Andre,

Go to mouthshut.com and in the automobiles section there are also some good reviews on adventure. You may find them interesting and quite informative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks