Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:18   #76
BHPian

Re: The Heart Vs. Soul Debate : Linea TJet versus Laura 1.8 TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
T-Jet it is! The soul wins over...

Today will go down as a watershed day in our lives (read my familys). After months of deliberation. debating and evaluation, we finally decided to give into the lure of Fiat and buy the T-Jet plus as our getaway car. I will be setting the ball rolling in my company to get the Bronzo Scuro Jet in the next couple of weeks, just in time for a run-in car to be available for our planned trip to Bengaluru-Madikeri-Udipi and back in the second week of March.
!
Congrats for the decision, and yes its absolutely VFM in the power segment without sacrificing on safety, power and handling it just awesome, few days back i had test drove the T- Jet and i was blown away by the way it rides, you can lug her on 4th gear at 20km/hr, down shift and enjoy the maddening power build up, it looks best from any angle, you will get top class alloys and she will be very easy on pocket on maintainance.

Eagarly waiting for your ownership review.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
And I was crossing my fingers that someone is going to wait and get the 2012.. I always dreamed about the blue linea but had to settle for the sunbeam beige...

Congrats for the purchase.
Well, I really didn't want to wait for the rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps. Also, I am not too keen on a 185 mm GC. So decided to take the plunge now. The Oceanic blue is indeed a looker, easily one of the best paint jobs out there across segments.
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:52   #78
BHPian

I don't normally participate in threads involving a car the same as mine.

Congratulations, and you are going to regret the choice I mean that in a good way. There is just something about the T-Jet that makes it a sheer pleasure to drive every single time, cutting a swathe through traffic, raiding a mountain or blasting down an expressway - or for that matter, pottering about town on a quiet Sunday afternoon with no pedal input at all - the car never fails to impress me. It makes every other car seem a little flat and a little boring. Sure it has its quirks but what doesn't?

What you will regret:

1. The supreme confidence the car gives you at all times - cornering, braking, stability and acceleration. Watch for cockiness.

2. The ability to drive for long hours without a break. I did a 7 hour run without a single stop, in disgusting traffic and on broken roads, and when I alighted I wasn't even cramped. Watch for angry passengers.

3. 'Let's take the car' when you can walk.

4. Thinking about your car in human terms. I consider this both a good and bad thing, so I try to avoid it but it still slips out once in a while when I've given it the stick or taken it too fast over a rough patch. Watch for people thinking you're insane.

Good luck, welcome to the T-Jet club, and look forward to your initial impressions.
cranky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:09   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

We get excited when someone decides to buy a true driver's car , dont we? Great choice going for the T Jet THere are very few cars that will excite a Palio 1.6 owner. For the record, I went from Palio 1.6 to TSI and am loving every moment of it.

THe 'driver's car' seems to be an endangered species these days. Better get that driver's car till its still available, before it goes extinct!
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
I don't normally participate in threads involving a car the same as mine.

Congratulations, and you are going to regret the choice I mean that in a good way. There is just something about the T-Jet that makes it a sheer pleasure to drive every single time, cutting a swathe through traffic, raiding a mountain or blasting down an expressway - or for that matter, pottering about town on a quiet Sunday afternoon with no pedal input at all - the car never fails to impress me. It makes every other car seem a little flat and a little boring. Sure it has its quirks but what doesn't?

What you will regret:

1. The supreme confidence the car gives you at all times - cornering, braking, stability and acceleration. Watch for cockiness.

2. The ability to drive for long hours without a break. I did a 7 hour run without a single stop, in disgusting traffic and on broken roads, and when I alighted I wasn't even cramped. Watch for angry passengers.

4. Thinking about your car in human terms. I consider this both a good and bad thing, so I try to avoid it but it still slips out once in a while when I've given it the stick or taken it too fast over a rough patch. Watch for people thinking you're insane.

Good luck, welcome to the T-Jet club, and look forward to your initial impressions.
Love the way you have put it. That is a wicked set of problems to have Cranky. I already do have it to a certain extent thanks to my Palio 1.6, and am sure it is just going to become more acute. And my 6 years in Gurgaon hasn't helped my cockiness either. Am still trying to relearn the Mumbaikar ways over the past year and a half. With the Linea coming in, I guess I can kiss this effort goodbye.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Let's take the car' when you can walk.
This is really happening. It is not so bad though. I would re phrase as "Lets take the car when you can ride" and by this I mean, my daily commute to work and back. I use the bike for my work commute as it is 60 km total return distance. I now want to drive more often even if it means a good 7K blown every month on gas. With a car like the T Jet, I don't mind blowing the cash. The drive is so rewarding. It feels so special as you are driving something that is even more rare than the old Palio Gtx. A car that I always wanted to own but just could not.
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:51   #82
Team-BHP Support

Congrats mnemonic on getting the Jet membership passport and flying license! Fantastic choice, and here's wishing you a happy and safe relationship with the Jet for many more years to come!

Quote:
What you will regret:

Agree with all of the points except this.

On the contrary, sometimes, I prefer the reverse (within the city)

3. 'Let's walk or ride' when you can take the car.

I love my car so much that I don't want anything to happen to it in the cruel traffic, or in cramped parking spaces. I've become really possessive of it, so I don't venture out within the city unless there is assured safe parking space that I am aware of at the destination. No chance I am going to let it get scratched or damaged by taking the jet in 'risky' situations. Something like the new Polo ad on tv where the old man is obsessed with his Polo.

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd February 2012 at 22:55.
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Am still trying to relearn the Mumbaikar ways over the past year and a half. With the Linea coming in, I guess I can kiss this effort goodbye.
Please, no. We need as many out-of-towners in this city as possible. The rest of the crowd here doesn't even know how to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
With a car like the T Jet, I don't mind blowing the cash. The drive is so rewarding. It feels so special as you are driving something that is even more rare than the old Palio Gtx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Agree with all of the points except this.
It was an expression, not meant to be taken seriously Have a good day!
Old 6th February 2012, 10:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Once a FIATian always a FIATian. Many many congratulations on your T-Jet, mnemonic

Quote:
[b]With a 1.4 Lakh discount the on-road Mumbai price works out to 10L which is cool.
mnemonic, are you getting 2011 manufactured T-Jet or 2012 manufactured T-Jet sans rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps et al?

Y'day we did a test drive of T-Jet that lasted ~1.5 hours. The sales executive is offering ~1.6 Lakhs discount(including the corporate discount) for two 2011 T-Jet Plus. He may give us the usual accessories like sunfilms, floor mats, mud flaps, idols and the likes. The on-road price thus works out to be ~8.58 Lakhs
Old 6th February 2012, 15:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Once a FIATian always a FIATian. Many many congratulations on your T-Jet, mnemonic

mnemonic, are you getting 2011 manufactured T-Jet or 2012 manufactured T-Jet sans rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps et al?

Y'day we did a test drive of T-Jet that lasted ~1.5 hours. The sales executive is offering ~1.6 Lakhs discount(including the corporate discount) for two 2011 T-Jet Plus. He may give us the usual accessories like sunfilms, floor mats, mud flaps, idols and the likes. The on-road price thus works out to be ~8.58 Lakhs
Hi Klub Class-

Now that is what I call a test drive. 1.5 hours, Whoa!

As mentioned in my thread, there are no 2012 T-Jets yet. Fiat is clearing out 2011 stock lying at the plant and at dealer locations with some hefty discounts.

As I understand Fiat still has some 30 odd 2011 T-Jets in factory stock and the dealer can tell you the color availability as well. From what I know they have about 14 Bossa Nova whites, 7-8 Fox Trot Aruzes,10 Sunbeam Beiges and about 4 Tuscan Wines at Ranjangaon.

All the best with your buying decision!
mnemonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 16:19   #86
BHPian

Quote:
T-Jet it is! The soul wins over...

Cheers!
Congratulations on making the right decision
Old 6th February 2012, 17:10   #87
BHPian

Wow. That was truly a great decision. T-Jet is one of the best driver's car this side of 10L. You will enjoy every minute with it. No doubts.

All the Best for your buy. and Happy Motoring.

Above all, Welcome to the world of free revving species!
Old 7th February 2012, 13:54   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Wow. That was truly a great decision. T-Jet is one of the best driver's car this side of 10L. You will enjoy every minute with it. No doubts.

All the Best for your buy. and Happy Motoring.

Above all, Welcome to the world of free revving species!
Thanks Sathya. Looking forward to it actually.

On a side note,I got onboard the world of high revs in 2006 with my Palio 1.6, I guess the T-Jet will be a shade lower in terms of revvability than my current ride given that the limiter will kick in a bit early. But the rev with the turbo will be a different animal altogether.

Last edited by mnemonic : 7th February 2012 at 13:55. Reason: Missing text
Old 8th February 2012, 00:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I will be setting the ball rolling in my company to get the Bronzo Scuro Jet in the next couple of weeks, just in time for a run-in car to be available for our planned trip to Bengaluru-Madikeri-Udipi and back in the second week of March.
Congrats on the T-Jet matchaan. Lemme know when you'll be in BLR, will meet up. I was planning a trip to Kollur around that time, will see how it turns out!.
Old 8th February 2012, 22:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic

Thanks Sathya. Looking forward to it actually.

On a side note,I got onboard the world of high revs in 2006 with my Palio 1.6, I guess the T-Jet will be a shade lower in terms of revvability than my current ride given that the limiter will kick in a bit early. But the rev with the turbo will be a different animal altogether.
Oh.. You were already driving a beast. Just now realized it. Anyhow have a great time with the Tjet. Happy Motoring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks