Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Heart Vs. Soul Debate : Linea TJet versus Laura 1.8 TSI

Congratulations on the TJet. I bet you cant wait to lay your hands on her. You may want to consider starting a new thread in the Test Drives and Initial Ownership Reports section.

Cheers.
Amitoj

PS: Hornet is a nice name. A bit ambitious, but nice nonetheless!
Old 25th March 2012, 05:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
First Sightings:

Laid my eyes on the hornet for the first time day before at a stockyard off the NH-4 near Panvel.

Exterior:

The Bronzo Scuro paint job is top notch and it has some nice sparkles which make her gleam.
Wow! The jet looks super hot in that colour. Congratulation. Looks like you are enjoying the hornet and forgot TBHP for a while
Do post you ownership experience.
Old 26th March 2012, 08:52   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Wow! The jet looks super hot in that colour. Congratulation. Looks like you are enjoying the hornet and forgot TBHP for a while
Do post you ownership experience.
Thanks C300. I was on a 8 day 2700 kms roadtrip putting the Hornet through its paces. Got back a week ago but then had to pack my bags for work travel. The ownership review is a work in progress as of now,will be posting it soon.

cheers,
mnemonic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
I finally signed the lease documents for the T-Jet and sent them across to the leasing company.
Cheero..
I might be badly off topic but this TJet + Lease option is exactly what I need for my tax plan. How did you work this out? Please help.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:45   #110
BHPian

Hi Adrena-

Would be more than glad to share. Unfortunately, cannot PM you till the time you become a BHPian. Will have to do it over traditional e-mail. Do let me know if that would work.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:57   #111
BHPian

Excellent choice. Bronzo Scuro is an excellent color. I own a sunbeam beige TJET. Its been with me for 1 and half years now.
It makes you fall in love everytime you go for a drive. Additional features like Blue&me / rear AC / steering controls / climate control at that price point are excellent VFM.
I now spend most of the time buying goodies on net for my ride
Old 30th June 2012, 22:44   #112
BHPian

Quote:
The ex-showroom Mumbai worked out to INR 950,982. Discounts offered currently are to the tune of 1,40,000 incl free 1st year comprehensive insurance, which I believe is across the country.
I stumbled upon this thread while searching for T-jet reviews and boy your predicament mirrors mine pretty much (decision time and swings were much lesser in my case). Till about two weeks ago, I had no plans to buy a car in 2012. I was planning to go for a Laura TSI in early 2013 and saving up for it. But I happened to spot a post on the official T-jet drive and review thread which mentioned the 2.5 lakhs discount offer on the T-jet.

This got me thinking about the T-jet (or plus rather) which was no where in my thinking till now. I asked at the FIAT brand caffe in Delhi and got a quote of 8.1 lakhs to start with for the T-jet plus. On reviewing the same, I found out that the regn/road tax amount was ridiculously high as compared to the actual amount (Delhi Govt has an online vehicle regn system which lists all charges to be paid for very transparently). Armed with this and some very minor bargaining, managed to get the offer down to 7.9 lakhs which has now further gone down to 7.8 lakhs at another competing dealer without the corporate discount. I think another 5-6k can be shave off this price when I go for the final payment.

This was too good to resist so I decided to pay the booking amount earlier this week for a June 2011 manufactured T-jet plus in Foxtrot Azure shade (Black was the only other color option available at the factory and with two black cars already at home, didn't want one more). I didn't want to pick up a car which was stocked at the dealers in Delhi-NCR (there are still a few available with even more mouthwatering discounts), so decided to get one from the plant. Got the news yesterday from Pune that my car has been loaded and expect it to reach Delhi in a week or so.

Laura can wait and in fact now I can possibly go for the Renault Duster towards the end of 2013 with the money I have managed to save from this deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks