Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 17:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50paise
ikon has alot of power.. but im not sure wether it's a stable car o not!
ive seen sum rili bad accidents in it.. E.g. tht worli sea face accident 2 years back..
I think that was the only gruesome one I heard about....apart from one I saw at Malviya Nagar crossing a year and a half back - had gone into the central divider but no casualities....I would say its a pretty stable car.

I would say.....Flair over Esteem
Old 14th March 2006, 18:28   #32
BHPian

Esteem Pro's - Engine, Driveability within the city, FE, Maruti A S S
Con's - Low seating in the front as well as the rear, getting in and out and long drives may be a pain at times, Dated looks

Ikon Pro's - Seating comfort read as getting in and out and long distance, not so sure about the rear seat comfort, Looks to some extent with the new Flair look, Handling
Ikon Con's - low FE, Very low power, outdated engine, poor FORD A S S

Both models may be on the verge of being phased out so go for something new in the B+ hatch or the sedan segment
Old 14th March 2006, 23:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

S : Sucks
W: When
I : I
F : Floor
T : Throttle

IMHO Swift is a gr8 car...but could not resist the temptation to take a potshot at Baleno bashers .
Saw a fiesta last week...significantly smaller inside compared to Baleno though has better interiors. The 1.4 cant hold a candle to Baleno pereformance and Ford vehicles are not exactly Paragon's of reliability either.
Baleno is my choice in this range...it has big car space, blistering performance and fuel efficiency of a hatchback (12+kmpl is not too difficult)

Last edited by Buffetfan : 14th March 2006 at 23:43.
Old 19th March 2006, 19:32   #34
BHPian

hmmm...
I was in the same dilema few weeks back..
and look how i managed myself

esteem: cons:15yr old design, no room inside, bantem weight so not so poor ride quality, low seats, thrfore getting in-out is tough.
pros: good mileage, maruti A.S.S,peppy engine,thats it.

ikon flair: cons :this is very sluggish car to drive in city as well as in highways, stiff ride quality , so so mileage
pros: looks better than esteem,rear leg room is decent, higher positioned seats, therefore getting in-out for 6''+ guy is damm easy.

this is where Accent comes to the picture,
GLE model is about 5.6L on road in delhi(slightly higher than two)

cons: mileage(abt 9-10 in city), low seat position.

pros: Its BIGGER than esteem,ikons,petra's etc.. and in the league of HC.
Interiors: ikon's,esteem,baleno's cant hold a candle to accent's interiors,
yes..its all beige inside! just like NHC,corolla,Optra royale..yippeee.
ride quality is way above those two cars above and in the league of NHC(thanks to gas shockers and low seats).
Old 19th March 2006, 20:46   #35
BHPian

speedbuster, i donot want you to discourage but were you aware of the fact that there is a new Accent to be launched the very next quarter of this year?!
and you pointed out esteem as an old and dated design, do you know how much old is Accent? afaik, esteem has constantly faced some changes for the betterment over the last decade, but accent (?) has got nothing worth talking, except those version-renamings (like in softwares, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2c !!).
in accent, except crdi, does they ever made any changes even worth mentioning?
in today's scenario, accent is also outdated!
btw, i forgot to congratulate you on your new car, congratulations.
Old 19th March 2006, 21:24   #36
BHPian

go for the ikon believe me its a josh machine anytime in front of esteem!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19th March 2006, 21:43   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,
I own 2003 Ikon 1.3 NXT. The car has,
* Sufficient Power within City(The Lightweighted Esteem might winover here) - But you have to drive it to believe it-the Ikon is a delight to drive with the Crisp Gearing. Don't be misled by the on paper BHP Figures,they don't do justice to this car.
* Excellent Interior Space-The Rear Seat is the best in it's Class
* Decent Fuel Economy(Around 10-11 within City)
* Good Looks-with the SXI bumper and fog lamps it's even better.
* Maintanence-Rs.2500 per 10000 KMS (At around 27K Kms my Ignition coil backed up and was replaced at a cost of Rs.4200) Accident repalcement costs will definetly be higher when compared to Hyundai/Maruti.
* With the current Discounts it's excellent value.

The Accent is more refined and smooth but less responsive and lacks in interior space.

Last edited by kiku007 : 19th March 2006 at 21:46.
Old 19th March 2006, 23:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
speedbuster, i donot want you to discourage but were you aware of the fact that there is a new Accent to be launched the very next quarter of this year?!
well, i knw, if i think like this.. then i wud be waiting for newer and newer cars to launch,..a needed a car..so i bought it,simple

btw, yes, new spruced up accent is comming upto in oct
plus verma is also comming which wud be in the league of NHC, optra etc.

Quote:
and you pointed out esteem as an old and dated design, do you know how much old is Accent? afaik, esteem has constantly faced some changes for the betterment over the last decade, but accent (?) has got nothing worth talking, except those version-renamings (like in softwares, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2c !!).
yes i agree, changes in accent are minimum.
eg, clear lens tail lamp.
but u havent see its new interiors... all beige which gives u a feeling that u r driving a bigger car
Quote:
btw, i forgot to congratulate you on your new car, congratulations.
thanks man, keep the opinions comming
Old 20th March 2006, 00:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
therefore getting in-out for 6''+ guy is damm easy.
I'm BIG and I'll vouch for that.
Old 20th March 2006, 14:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
but u havent see its new interiors...
now how can you say that?
do you know my profession?
so, please relax.
Old 20th March 2006, 15:27   #41
BHPian

speedbuster i agree with revharder, the accent does come with beige interiors but they suck. Have you seen the quality of the dashboard? its hard and plasticky, whereas the esteem has a smooth and soft dashboard and door pads as well, i dont know what it is, maybe leather, part leather or whatever but its got a better feel than the accents interiors. Just coz the accent comes with biege interiors means nothing. Its available in the new Indica as well so big deal boss.

Toyota Camry, Mercedes S-CLass, Audi-A8 quattro comes with black interiors so does that mean it doesnt have class?. And in any way are you trying to say that the ride quality of the Accent is better than the Ikon? Ikon has the best back seat in the mid sized segment and the accent is considered to be one of the worst. I think you need to take a ride in the IKON.

And one last thing speed buster, you have compared the esteem and the ikon 1.3 with the accent in terms of the size and the ineriors but what about the performance? Accent GLE eh! Can it compete with the esteem? or for that matter even the Ikon 1.3 gives better performance. Hyundai Accent CRDI is faster than the Accent Gle. IMHO accent crdi has a great engine but the petrol engine is renowned as being rough and the gearbox is also not great.\\

I think you own an accent so its understandable, its a good car buddy!

I hope i didn't ruffle any feathers here but friends it was completely my opinion, no hard-feelings speed buster>
Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 20th March 2006 at 15:39.
Old 20th March 2006, 16:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
speedbuster i agree with revharder, the accent does come with beige interiors but they suck. Have you seen the quality of the dashboard? its hard and plasticky, whereas the esteem has a smooth and soft dashboard and door pads as well, i dont know what it is, maybe leather, part leather or whatever but its got a better feel than the accents interiors. Just coz the accent comes with biege interiors means nothing. Its available in the new Indica as well so big deal boss.

Toyota Camry, Mercedes S-CLass, Audi-A8 quattro comes with black interiors so does that mean it doesnt have class?. And in any way are you trying to say that the ride quality of the Accent is better than the Ikon? Ikon has the best back seat in the mid sized segment and the accent is considered to be one of the worst. I think you need to take a ride in the IKON.

And one last thing speed buster, you have compared the esteem and the ikon 1.3 with the accent in terms of the size and the ineriors but what about the performance? Accent GLE eh! Can it compete with the esteem? or for that matter even the Ikon 1.3 gives better performance. Hyundai Accent CRDI is faster than the Accent Gle. IMHO accent crdi has a great engine but the petrol engine is renowned as being rough and the gearbox is also not great.\\

I think you own an accent so its understandable, its a good car buddy!

I hope i didn't ruffle any feathers here but friends it was completely my opinion, no hard-feelings speed buster>
Cheers
And i think u own an Esteem.... which isnt even a competition to the smaller hatchbacks forget abt Accent and Ikons!
Old 20th March 2006, 20:03   #43
BHPian

ok..lets be fair.. irrespective of the cars we own..

follwing specs are from autocar issue.

Esteem 1300cc,85bhp

Performance:
0-60 0-100 top
5.01 11.49 165kmph

Dimensions:(all in mm)
Length Width Height
4090 1575 1395

Seat Dimensions:(
all in cm )

Rear Seat: legroom min/max: 58/73
Headroom : 88.5
width : 117

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ikon Flair 1300cc, 70bhp

Performance:
0-60 0-100 top
5.82 14.54 156kmph

Length Width Height
4140 1821 1379

Seat Dimensions:( all in cm )

Rear Seat: legroom min/max: 61/82.5
Headroom : 90cm
width : 120cm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Accent
1500cc,94bhp

Performance:
0-60 0-100 top
5.23 13.12 167

Length Width Height
4250 1670 1395

Seat Dimensions:( all in cm )

Rear Seat: legroom min/max: 63/85
Headroom : 92
width : 125

hope we can decide better now

Last edited by speedbuster : 20th March 2006 at 20:05.
Old 20th March 2006, 20:23   #44
BHPian

now you are coming to the figures on paper, i guess everybody knows hyundai's tall claims on paper!

no car from hyundai's stable is better than a sheep from its herd. each model gives exaggerated figures on papers, but never on road.

i'd driven all variants of all 3 cars here in discussion viz., esteem, ikon, accent.
i know them inside out and, accent or for that matter all cars from hyundai, are never the best in any one area be it performance or economy or ride comfort or else. all hyundai cars are somewhere average in almost every area.

you owns an accent and i congratulate you on having it.
drive it like an aged CEO of a company and not like Karun Chandhok on a high! coz then you'll be disappointed a lot.

oh, it seems that we all are going away from the main theme of the thread.
Old 20th March 2006, 20:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
now you are coming to the figures on paper, i guess everybody knows hyundai's tall claims on paper!
pls read the finer detail
also, its not about horse powers, details include everthing from space, acceleration and top speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
following specs are from autocar issue.

Quote:
drive it like an aged CEO of a company and not like Karun Chandhok on a high! coz then you'll be disappointed a lot.
yep, its our family car, and i m no karun chandhok either.

btw specs of both performance/space are given above...

if u want more details about ride quality/handling/ac of these 3 cars, i wudn't hesitate to post it.

if i hurt ur feeling anywhr , which is why i think u r posting so rudely, then...

PS: I have given specs so that the thread starter can decide better..dats it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks