Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:26   #46
BHPian

I will only go for COROLLA... Cedia interiors is outdated...
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:16   #47
BHPian

i think go for optra it has all the comforts and good engine wat u need in a car and dont forget good looks
Old 3rd September 2006, 20:46   #48
BHPian

What I bought

Everybody!,

Thanks for all the opinion and your comments.

I bought a Corolla H2 on 9th August-2006 after waiting to have a look at the Civic. Civic was a great looking car but it did not meet a couple of my needs. Not necessarily in order of importance .....

a). I prefered a higher stance(possibly as I have a Santro) and better ingress/egress that a Corolla offers much better over Civic.
b). Did not like my left leg touching the handbreak on the Civic. This may be a slightly personal preference but I have this habbit of swinging my legs once in a while(sideways) on my Santro and the Corolla supports it while the Civic blocks it.
c). Good clearance and better low spped ride quality. I have had 6 people on my Corolla going through truck speed breakers and it sails smoothly.

d). Smaller turning radius and easy parking for a vehicle that size(Compared to the Civic).

e). Wanted a more tried and tested vehicle in Indian conditions as compared to a new model. I have the opinion that every new model in a new geography goes through its share of niggles before it gets it right.

f). Better response from Toyota to my needs for a new car.

Covered about 800km on it and pretty happy with all things(no issues). Only observations I have
a). Got 10kmpl in mostly city drive till now(not much highway driving due to runin period.
b). Pretty easy to drive around in city (did not feel it to be painful - coming from a Santro and I sort of alternate them).
c). The cranking is a wee bit longer that that on my santro. On the Santro, it comes alive instantly while on the Corolla it takes a half second more to come alive.
d). The steering column is close to the clutch pedal. If you wander off behind the clutch pedal occasionally(might happen in a new car), you might land up near the steering column.

2 Queries:
a). Is the FE ok ?
b). The service guys said there is no run in required. Just drive normally.
c). He also said no service required till 10k km. Is that normal. I read on some of the threads on this forum that its better to service after 1k km. In Corolla, there is no provision and dealer said, "Its a Toyota. You dont need it". Please reply with your views.
d). In the case of automatic folding rear view mirrors, does it last? Or does it get spoilt on constant usage ? Or mishandling by parking guys ? Right now, I am folding it each time I park to avoid anybody forcibly folding it.

PS: I have not replaced my Santro - still have it and its still great though its getting a step motherly treatment due to the Corolla and I am getting flak from my family for doing that.

thanks
Subbarp
Old 3rd September 2006, 21:49   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

FE looks good.

with the precision engineering in today's cars, esp with the likes of the Toyota, you dont need the kind of running in like used to be done. Just dont go all out for some time, and you should be fine.

Servicing - stick to what's mentioned in the manual. Atleast, dont go beyond the recommended intervals.

Automatic folding mirrors - should last. Your bigger risk is some one hitting the mirror hard enough to break it from it's moorings. The case and the reflective mirror part is available. But the whole thing coming off can set you back by atleast 6K, IIRC. Keeping it closed when not driving is a good idea.
Old 4th September 2006, 03:30   #50
fb1
BHPian

hey man good choice, I have a corolla too... nice car... like it a lot but personally prefer the civic, too bad it wasnt launched when we got the corolla.. 3 months later civic was launched and I felt kinda sad.. but its okay corolla is a sexy car too but I wanted a newer car like the civic.. the folding mirrors are good... I use them often, especially in traffic when there are lot of fools next to me I just press the button and close it so that people dont break it in inch to inch traffic...
Old 4th September 2006, 06:59   #51
Team-BHP Support

Congratulation for your new car. Great choice there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
d). In the case of automatic folding rear view mirrors, does it last? Or does it get spoilt on constant usage?
Nothing should go wrong on that part. That's meant for constant use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks