Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy NOW?
Baleno 98 60.49%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 16:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Evenly poised? Isnt Baleno leading the polls?
At least right now its an even battle, with Baleno leading by 4 votes. Its not a one way poll, where everyone is choosing Baleno, thats what I meant by evenly poised. But lets wait, the trend might change....
Old 14th March 2006, 16:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly, considering the fact that the Baleno is the second most over-rated car on team-bhp (no offence meant to any Baleno owners and fans), I would have expected it to be way ahead of Fiesta on a poll.......but, as I said, surprisingly, it has been a 55-45 all the way and, IMO that does show the Fiesta is making a point here!!

Well, let's see how far ahead the Baleno is when the voting ends!!
Old 14th March 2006, 16:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
despite baleno's VFM and fiesta's new-ness, i guess the clinching factor for me would be the space inside, as i find the fiesta horribly cramped from all angles other than the drivers - ikon had so much more space ....
Well said Goldie! I always wonder how everybody recommending Fiesta just ignoring this very fact?
Old 14th March 2006, 16:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulG
Well said Goldie! I always wonder how everybody recommending Fiesta just ignoring this very fact?
errr - i would like to modify my statement slightly - while the fiesta may have lesser space than city or baleno, it is in fact slightly more spacious that the ikon - a point nicely brought out by suman, who owns both ...

also, not everybody requires a whole lot of space, esp legroom and headroom, only a few 6 ft + ppl like me
for some fiesta would be quite decent in terms of space ....
Old 14th March 2006, 16:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I didn't say my father-in-law took my advice . He told us yesterday after he booked it.
it seems u didn't quite get the sarcasm here dude...i thought what u meant was that a baleno was the choice for a young lad like you whereas a fiesta for an elderly man like your father-in-law...

~A
Old 14th March 2006, 16:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
it seems u didn't quite get the sarcasm here dude...i thought what u meant was that a baleno was the choice for a young lad like you whereas a fiesta for an elderly man like your father-in-law...

~A
A young 36 year old "lad"
Old 14th March 2006, 16:44   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it seems u didn't quite get the sarcasm here dude...
Sorry, I didn't detect any sarcasm in that statement. He didn't even test drive the car, he picked it based on looks, interiors (looks again), and price.

Quote:
..that a baleno was the choice for a young lad like you whereas a fiesta for an elderly man like your father-in-law...
~A
If I am a young lad, what would that make you?
Old 14th March 2006, 16:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulG
Oops, Goldie had already replied so I'm deleting my post!

Last edited by suman : 14th March 2006 at 16:50.
Old 14th March 2006, 17:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Evenly poised ? That sure is one good joke. The Baleno leading with 55.26% votes and the Fiesta at 44.74% is supposed to be evenly poised. And that too in a straight contest between the two cars.
And to think that the leader is a so-called dated car, while the loser is a fresh, new entrant.
The levels to which some people would go to prove some inane point, is amazing. To finally, fail at it. Hilarious.
Old 14th March 2006, 17:09   #40
BHPian

Baleno is a age old design and we still have to see how Fiesta beats it to dust.
Old 14th March 2006, 17:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
And to think that the leader is a so-called dated car, while the loser is a fresh, new entrant.
The levels to which some people would go to prove some inane point, is amazing. To finally, fail at it. Hilarious.
In a market like ours, where everyone is so bogged down by discounts and FE and, by & large, like to play safe and not take a chance with a new entrant (I think this has been amply proved in many a post).....I would say, once again, the Fiesta is doing well.

And buddy, I hope this isn't going back to a THUD-POW-KERPLONK between you & Aseem (I detect definite signs).....
Old 14th March 2006, 17:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Baleno is a age old design and we still have to see how Fiesta beats it to dust.
There is a saying... Old is gold
Old 14th March 2006, 17:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Dude - thats optimistic ! you expect the Fiesta to beat the Baleno in this JAP CRAZY market ??
Old 14th March 2006, 17:53   #44
BHPian

Baleno rulez in the polls or when its time to burn rubber
Old 14th March 2006, 17:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Evenly poised ? That sure is one good joke. The Baleno leading with 55.26% votes and the Fiesta at 44.74% is supposed to be evenly poised. And that too in a straight contest between the two cars.
Dude - thats uncalled for ! the baleno as a car is outdated compared to the Fiesta. just because people in this market are JAP CRAZY and buy the baleno because its from MUL ( thinking about this point - maybe people are least bothered what they are buying if as long as its a MUL product speaks volumes for the company not the car ) or the fact that it wins this poll - in no way makes it a better car than the Fiesta.

Maybe you would disagree - i can see that in ur nickname and avtaar !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed